Regarding the Sacrifice of the Mass . . .

It begs the question.... why don't you apologise for your OP which switched out the word anathema with 'damned'. Are you so unaware of your hypocrisy? Some nCC's seem so unaware of themselves....
No Stella, this is what "begs the question" - if any one who has been a professing active Baptist their entire life and yet plainly states verbally, that "in the mass a true and proper sacrifice is not offered to God; or, that to be offered is nothing but that Christ is given man to eat," would that person be "anathema?"

Last edited:
No Stella, this is what "begs the question" - if any one who has been a professing active Baptist their entire life and yet plainly states verbally, that "in the mass a true and proper sacrifice is not offered to God; or, that to be offered is nothing but that Christ is given man to eat," would that person be "anathema?"
I would rather be considered an anathema before man rather than GOD.

WHY does the Roman Catholic Church think that they have the right or power to pass judgement on ANYONE???
Because they say they do, and their followers all bow down and say, "Yes, O Masters, You do have that power!" These days, the RCC's power is derived solely from the consent of their peeons, unlike back when they could enforce their rule by military strength.
Just look and listen to the representatives of the RCC in this forum! The Church of Roman Catholicism would have undoubtedly been the FIRST to crucify Jesus Christ!
Well, yes, the Pharisees were certain they knew what the Messiah would do. Then when the true Messiah showed up, not looking at all like their idolic messiah, they rejected Him. Then when they thought He had more power over the people than they did, they responded with, "Crucify Him!"

And when Jesus shows up again, and does not look like the RCC's "Jesus", what do you think the RCC's response will be? No wonder the RCC sees Jesus as an angry Judge – that is all they can expect for their lives of rebellion. And those who they trust for aid are just adding to their treason against God.

--Rich

You can stick to your lexicon and we Catholics will stick to the Bible

Well the RC lexicon is off, as is their understanding of scripture. Pity RCs don't practice what they post, if the stuck to scripture they would not have the following:

the real presence
the Marian doctrines
the would follow the scriptural requirements for leaders
they would follow Jesus and not man
they would not pray to the dead
they would not ignore 1 Cor 5:11 for their sexual immoral leaders
they would not have two mediators etc, etc, etc, etc
The list of how RCs do not stick to the bible is long.

WHY does the Roman Catholic Church think that they have the right or power to pass judgement on ANYONE??? Just look and listen to the representatives of the RCC in this forum! The Church of Roman Catholicism would have undoubtedly been the FIRST to crucify Jesus Christ!
You have to love the way RCs carry on that on one can judge yet all they do is judge. They judge who are heretics, who are damned, who are to be excommunicated. The excommunicated is normally women especially those who have abortions, but priests who molest children are not. That alone says a lot about the hypocrisy of the RCC.

As far back as the 1920s the diocese of Chicago ALLOWED non-Catholics to be saved - IF enough Catholic doctrine leaked out by whatever means, to enable salvation to occur, AND the person remained INVINCIBLY IGNORANT of the existence of the Catholic Church.

Of course we all knew all along that "Seperated Brethren" was nothing more than disingenuous garbage that didn't mean SPIT.
But it was not taught in RC schools in Australia. We were taught only RCs went to heaven. Limbo for unbaptised babies and a few others if they were very very very lucky.

No. It doesn't apply to a cradle Baptist.... who is understood in this way....

Even in the beginnings of this one and only Church of God there arose certain rifts,(19) which the Apostle strongly condemned.(20) But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions made their appearance and quite large communities came to be separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame. The children who are born into these Communities and who grow up believing in Christ cannot be accused of the sin involved in the separation, and the Catholic Church embraces upon them as brothers, with respect and affection. For men who believe in Christ and have been truly baptized are in communion with the Catholic Church even though this communion is imperfect. The differences that exist in varying degrees between them and the Catholic Church - whether in doctrine and sometimes in discipline, or concerning the structure of the Church - do indeed create many obstacles, sometimes serious ones, to full ecclesiastical communion. The ecumenical movement is striving to overcome these obstacles. But even in spite of them it remains true that all who have been justified by faith in Baptism are members of Christ's body,(21) and have a right to be called Christian, and so are correctly accepted as brothers by the children of the Catholic Church.

The anathema applies to those who having known and understood Church doctrine, formally reject it.

No. It doesn't apply to a cradle Baptist.... who is understood in this way....

Even in the beginnings of this one and only Church of God there arose certain rifts,(19) which the Apostle strongly condemned.(20) But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions made their appearance and quite large communities came to be separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame. The children who are born into these Communities and who grow up believing in Christ cannot be accused of the sin involved in the separation, and the Catholic Church embraces upon them as brothers, with respect and affection. For men who believe in Christ and have been truly baptized are in communion with the Catholic Church even though this communion is imperfect. The differences that exist in varying degrees between them and the Catholic Church - whether in doctrine and sometimes in discipline, or concerning the structure of the Church - do indeed create many obstacles, sometimes serious ones, to full ecclesiastical communion. The ecumenical movement is striving to overcome these obstacles. But even in spite of them it remains true that all who have been justified by faith in Baptism are members of Christ's body,(21) and have a right to be called Christian, and so are correctly accepted as brothers by the children of the Catholic Church.

The anathema applies to those who having known and understood Church doctrine, formally reject it.
Oh, I see Stella, now you are changing the words and the meaning, in the authoritative statements of Roman Catholic teaching on the Sacrifice of the Mass ..... which are the very words I posted from the Council of Trent . . . Session XXII: On the Sacrifice of the Mass . . . . Canon 1: . . . . . .

If you recall, the RCC statement begins by saying "If any one saith," (read that again Stella for your comprehension sake). The "authoritative statement" clearly says "IF ANYONE SAITH" , that in the mass a true and proper sacrifice is not offered to God" . . . .Now Stella, isn't the word "anyone" still considered "anyone" or has the Roman Catholic Church shrewdly changed the words, or blotted out that part of this Canon? Or, is it Roman Catholic TRADITION that only Roman Catholics can CHANGE ANY or MANY OF THE WORDS of an RCC Canon, Stella?
Read it again Stella - where does it say "It doesn't apply to a cradle Baptist" - oh my goodness!!!! WHAT STELLA!!!! This changes everything! Is it your week now to make the rules and/or amend the Canons??? And YOU . . . using your boney little Roman Catholic 'pointer' finger to accuse others of the grave mortal sin of using a synonymous word in their post? How very, very, very Roman Catholic of you. You have confirmed what has been known all along about the Church of Roman Catholicism and the 'apple-polishing' little minions that support it.
So, the bottom line is that the "authoratative statements" of this Rman Catholic Church "Canon" don't mean 'squat'.

Oh, I see Stella, now you are changing the words and the meaning, in the authoritative statements of Roman Catholic teaching on the Sacrifice of the Mass ..... which are the very words I posted from the Council of Trent . . . Session XXII: On the Sacrifice of the Mass . . . . Canon 1: . . . . . .

If you recall, the RCC statement begins by saying "If any one saith," (read that again Stella for your comprehension sake). The "authoritative statement" clearly says "IF ANYONE SAITH" , that in the mass a true and proper sacrifice is not offered to God" . . . .Now Stella, isn't the word "anyone" still considered "anyone" or has the Roman Catholic Church shrewdly changed the words, or blotted out that part of this Canon? Or, is it Roman Catholic TRADITION that only Roman Catholics can CHANGE ANY or MANY OF THE WORDS of an RCC Canon, Stella?
Read it again Stella - where does it say "It doesn't apply to a cradle Baptist" - oh my goodness!!!! WHAT STELLA!!!! This changes everything! Is it your week now to make the rules and/or amend the Canons??? And YOU . . . using your boney little Roman Catholic 'pointer' finger to accuse others of the grave mortal sin of using a synonymous word in their post? How very, very, very Roman Catholic of you. You have confirmed what has been known all along about the Church of Roman Catholicism and the 'apple-polishing' little minions that support it.
So, the bottom line is that the "authoratative statements" of this Rman Catholic Church "Canon" don't mean 'squat'.
RCs love having the power to decide who God will accept into the kingdom and who He reject. But they don't judge anyone, yep sure, we are gullible and believe them.

The anathemas are only addressed to believers. Not to pagans or Muslims or any other religious non Christian. At the time of the Council of Trent, all Christians were Catholics or direct descendants of Catholics. Today, many Christians are far removed from the original protestors and can't be culpable for any sin involved in the original separation.

So say a Dad comes into his home and say 'does anyone want take out for dinner' it doesn't mean that every person in the world is having take out tonight. It means the people that he is directly addressing. His family.

The anathemas are only addressed to believers. Not to pagans or Muslims or any other religious non Christian. At the time of the Council of Trent, all Christians were Catholics or direct descendants of Catholics. Today, many Christians are far removed from the original protestors and can't be culpable for any sin involved in the original separation.

So say a Dad comes into his home and say 'does anyone want take out for dinner' it doesn't mean that every person in the world is having take out tonight. It means the people that he is directly addressing. His family.
Prove that claim about Trent. No real Christians were Catholics. Luther committed sin standing up to false teachers who failed to meet the scriptural requirements for leaders. That is hogwash.

Prove that claim about Trent. No real Christians were Catholics. Luther committed sin standing up to false teachers who failed to meet the scriptural requirements for leaders. That is hogwash.
Oh, sorry balshan, Stella can't answer that because she is just far too busy ordering "take-outs" from her daddy, the Roman Catholic Church.

Stella says excitedly: "Dad comes into his home and say 'does anyone want take out for dinner'. . . . ."

(hopefully Stella orders what she wants now since history proves that the "menu" will change again next week)

Oh, sorry balshan, Stella can't answer that because she is just far too busy ordering "take-outs" from her daddy, the Roman Catholic Church.

Stella says excitedly: "Dad comes into his home and say 'does anyone want take out for dinner'. . . . ."

(hopefully Stella orders what she wants now since history proves that the "menu" will change again next week)
Stella is afraid of my posts and will not answer them, I am sure she has many excuses for that. I am glad to be on most RCs ignore lists, it proves I am posting the truth.

Stella is afraid of my posts and will not answer them, I am sure she has many excuses for that. I am glad to be on most RCs ignore lists, it proves I am posting the truth.
Amen! Every former Roman Catholic in here knows you post the truth too! It's only the Roman Catholics who are clueless because they are steeped in false teaching and information, which is just the way the RCC wants to keep them. They only hear the trained voices of their masters who are routinely programmed to indoctrinate the pew peons as to what their "church" teaches, and then, thinking it is true, they post it on here!

Amen! Every former Roman Catholic in here knows you post the truth too!
Maybe. I think they have gone back to Egypt and are "deep in de Nile".
It's only the Roman Catholics who are clueless because they are steeped in false teaching and information, which is just the way the RCC wants to keep them. They only hear the trained voices of their masters who are routinely programmed to indoctrinate the pew peons as to what their "church" teaches, and then, thinking it is true, they post it on here!
True. Just look at the fits RCs have in trying to come up with an answer to "what more than faith is needed to be saved?" The RCC's "wise guys" have been incapable of answering that (other than with the sword) for nearly half a millennium.

Logically, if'n 'tain't works of the law, an' 'tain't good works, then it must be evil works that need to be added to faith! ? ? ? (And what does history show of what the RCC leaders believe?)

--Rich

Maybe. I think they have gone back to Egypt and are "deep in de Nile".

True. Just look at the fits RCs have in trying to come up with an answer to "what more than faith is needed to be saved?" The RCC's "wise guys" have been incapable of answering that (other than with the sword) for nearly half a millennium.

Logically, if'n 'tain't works of the law, an' 'tain't good works, then it must be evil works that need to be added to faith! ? ? ? (And what does history show of what the RCC leaders believe?)

--Rich
I am wonder is the sentence i highlighted referring to ex RCs or RCs?

Sorry for the confusion. ? It's the RCC and its followers who I believe have gone back to Egypt. "Oooh! The fish! Oooh! The melons! The garlic! The easy life!"

--Rich
I was sure you did but I was confused not your fault. It seems to be my way worse I rang my GP, when he was seeing my son, unknown to me. At the same time my son sent me a text saying he was there. I said to the GP say hello to my son, that started him making out my son wasn't there. He said we were trying to confuse you. I said no need I do that my self. But we laughed. The one thing I am not confused about is Jesus and that the RCC is clearly not what they claim to be.

Back