Regarding the Sacrifice of the Mass . . .

RayneBeau

The Roman Catholic Church emphatically states in one of their authorative statements of Roman Catholic Teaching on the Mass, that:

"If any one saith, that in the mass a true and proper sacrifice is not offered to God; or, that to be offered is nothing else but that Christ is given us to eat; let him be damned!

What would every Christ-centered Believer in Jesus Christ be mighty proud to say today to the Roman Catholic Church inquisitors?

And of the angels he saith,
Who maketh his angels spirits,
and his ministers a flame of fire.
Are they not all ministering spirits,
sent forth to minister for them
who shall be heirs of salvation?

Obey them that have the rule over you,
and submit yourselves:
for they watch for your souls,
as they that must give account,
that they may do it with joy,
and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.​

and they tell me

ahhhhh;
the Bride doesn't eat of things sacrificed unto devils
so neither do I

Hebrews 13
therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually,
that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

16 But to do good and to communicate forget not:
for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

The Roman Catholic Church emphatically states in one of their authorative statements of Roman Catholic Teaching on the Mass, that:

"If any one saith, that in the mass a true and proper sacrifice is not offered to God; or, that to be offered is nothing else but that Christ is given us to eat; let him be damned!

What would every Christ-centered Believer in Jesus Christ be mighty proud to say today to the Roman Catholic Church inquisitors?
May I have peanut butter with my cracker?

“He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me;

And to him who orders his way aright

I shall show the salvation of God.”

Christ-centered believers in Jesus Christ have always hold the bread and wine to be the body and blood of Christ. Those who deny it are heretics.

Let's see the citation for your "quote".

Trent session 22 canon 1

CANON I.--If any one saith, that in the mass a true and proper sacriflce is not offered to God; or, that to be offered is nothing else but that Christ is given us to eat; let him be anathema.
Then why didn't you quote it as written?

May I have peanut butter with my cracker?
? Truly, you'd be better off asking for some jelly or some wine. I still remember how the host clung to the roof of my mouth, resisting all attempts to dislodge it. It was believed that because the host was Jesus, it was dishonoring for the peeons to break or chew it, even though the priest had already done it. (Of course, the ptyalin* in my saliva was already breaking down the starches into simple sugars...)

--Rich
* see, 10th grade biology was good for something!

? Truly, you'd be better off asking for some jelly or some wine. I still remember how the host clung to the roof of my mouth, resisting all attempts to dislodge it. It was believed that because the host was Jesus, it was dishonoring for the peeons to break or chew it, even though the priest had already done it. (Of course, the ptyalin* in my saliva was already breaking down the starches into simple sugars...)

--Rich
* see, 10th grade biology was good for something!
Its sad to see sacrilege seen as a joke by someone who used to partake of it.

Let's see the citation for your "quote".
Sure, here you go pilgrim - read it and weep.........the "citation" is taken directly from:
The Council of Trent
Session XXII: Doctrine on the Sacrifice of the Mass
Canon 1

The words of Jesus Christ proclaim "life"!. The words of the Roman Catholic Church proclaim "death"!

Last edited:
I beseech you therefore, brethren,
by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies
a living sacrifice,
holy, acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world:
but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that good,
and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

Hebrews 13
therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually,

16 But to do good and to communicate forget not:
for with such sacrifices God is well pleased

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same
my name shall be great among the Gentiles;
and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name,
and a pure offering:
for my name shall be great among the heathen,
saith the Lord of hosts

and incense are the prayers of the saints

not a Holy Cracker, nor a sip of sour wine

Last edited:
rc's don't seem to have a problem with throwing God's written word under the bus, when they think it will prop up their institution. But get their panties in a pinch if the rc ccc isn't quoted to a tee, when cited. Shows who rc's follow and don't follow.
God's written word does say that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ. How are we throwing these words under the bus?

Back