Regeneration through Faith in the gospel

TomFL

James 1:18 —KJV
“Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.”

1 Pet. 1:23 —KJV
“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

1 Cor. 4:15 —KJV
“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.”

brightfame52

“Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.”

“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.”
Nothing here about regeneration through faith. In fact faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, so no Spirit no faith.

TomFL

Nothing here about regeneration through faith. In fact faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, so no Spirit no faith.
What do you think it means to be born again -begotten

“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

That is regeneration

It is through the word - gospel

The only question left is whether you think that is accompanied with faith or without faith

Regeneration - begotten through faith in the gospel

or

regeneration - born again through disbelief in the Gospel

should be pretty obvious

praise_yeshua

Poor translation. The word is "faithfulness" in Gal 5:22.

Faith increases. The faith necessary for regeneration is smaller than the grain of a mustard seed.

TomFL

Poor translation. The word is "faithfulness" in Gal 5:22.

Faith increases. The faith necessary for regeneration is smaller than the grain of a mustard seed.
Gal. 5:22–23 —ESV
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.”

praise_yeshua

Faith and faithfulness are same the translation is fine.

No. They are not. I explained the difference in the part you left out.

You can't be have the quality of faithfulness without having initially expressing faith in God's Son. Faith GROWS. Faithfulness is all about experience. Newborns have no experience.

brightfame52

What do you think it means to be born again -begotten

“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

That is regeneration

It is through the word - gospel

The only question left is whether you think that is accompanied with faith or without faith

Regeneration - begotten through faith in the gospel

or

regeneration - born again through disbelief in the Gospel

should be pretty obvious
Still nothing about regeneration before faith since faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

brightfame52

No. They are not. I explained the difference in the part you left out.

You can't be have the quality of faithfulness without having initially expressing faith in God's Son. Faith GROWS. Faithfulness is all about experience. Newborns have no experience.
Yes they are the same, the same greek word

praise_yeshua

Yes. Faith is the fruit of regeneration by the Spirit . So you guys need to study

I've got in more than 30 years of study.

The verse you reference is about mature faith. Not faith smaller than a grain of a mustard seed.

Do you deny that faith grows? If faith grows then you must deal with that fact.

praise_yeshua

Faithfulness is merely the prolongation of Faith!
A student of the Scripture would know....

Mar 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

I have more Faith now than I've ever had. Peter talked of the "trail of faith"..... A refining of our faith.

What you believe doesn't line up with the Scriptures. Jesus said that faith can vary in size.

Mar 4:31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

That seed GROWS....

brightfame52

I've got in more than 30 years of study.

The verse you reference is about mature faith. Not faith smaller than a grain of a mustard seed.

Do you deny that faith grows? If faith grows then you must deal with that fact.
I have the same. Faithfulness is merely living by faith

praise_yeshua

I have the same. Faithfulness is merely living by faith

So you've changed your mind again? Is that ongoing repentance?

How many different claims are you going to make?

The Spirit of God is our helper. Faith has it origins in us. The Spirit of God increases our faith.

Luk 17:5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

brightfame52

The Spirit of God is our helper. Faith has it origins in us. The Spirit of God increases our faith.

No I have not. Faithfulness is the prolongation of Faith. It's simple. They are the same. Both are fruit of the Spirit 5:22

brightfame52

Repentance is a fruit of the Spirit. It comes from the new life and heart from the new birth.