Regeneration through faith

TomFL

How can you walk, as in walk by faith, and not be alive ? Faith is a Spiritual walk 2 Cor 5 7

for we walk by faith, not by sight) To do spiritual things, you must be spiritual or have spiritual life, faith is spiritual ! Gal 5 22

2 Cor. 5:7 —KJV
“(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

that speaks of living the Christian life

faith makes one alive

John 20:31 —KJV
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

zerinus

I think when pressed, all sides will say that Regeneration and Faith (or Faith and Regeneration) occur practically at the same time; so much so, that it's Temporally impossible to tell which came first. We battle and battle every day over which one comes first; IE which comes first Logically. But if we HAVE to argue which comes first 'Logically', the reason for the need to argue Logically is that the assertion is Faith and Regeneration occur so close together, that the argument has to go to 'Plan B' or to a 'Run-Off'; over which one Reasonably occurs first. ~ Of course there is a place for a discussion about the Logical Order; but might it be that when we get to Heaven, it turns out that the Logical Order is also Compatibalistic? If Regeneration and Faith occur practically at the same time, isn't it true that they DO happen at the same time?
The scripture says that faith comes by "hearing the word of God" (Rom. 10:17). If it wanted to say that faith comes by "regeneration," it would have said so.

brightfame52

2 Cor. 5:7 —KJV
“(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

that speaks of living the Christian life

faith makes one alive

John 20:31 —KJV
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”
How can regeneration [new spiritual life] be the result of Faith which[faith] is Spiritual and effected by the Spirit ? Gal 5 22

TomFL

How can regeneration [new spiritual life] be the result of Faith which[faith] is Spiritual and effected by the Spirit ? Gal 5 22
quite simply as you have told and shown multiple times that does not refer to initial faith without which one cannot receive the spirit thus does not have the fruit of the spirit

zerinus

Which came first; Faith or Regeneration when the Scales dropped from Paul's eyes?
You are referring to Acts 9:18: "And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized." That refers to event that took place long after he had received his first vision from the Lord, while on his way to Damascus, and after he had plenty of time to build up his faith.

brightfame52

quite simply as you have told and shown multiple times that does not refer to initial faith without which one cannot receive the spirit thus does not have the fruit of the spirit
Where is that scripture that states regeneration is through faith ? It doesn't exist, you cannot force your imagination on scripture !

ReverendRV

Actually no that would be speculation

and I cannot do theology by speculation

In any case we have clear scripture showing faith is instrumental in regeneration
Fair enough brother. I'll abstain for a while from trying to box you in...

TomFL

Where is that scripture that states regeneration is through faith ? It doesn't exist, you cannot force your imagination on scripture !
Right here where I told you

Regeneration is the means by which God purifies (cleanses) the heart. In scripture it is likened as going from death to life - spiritual death to spiritual life thus is a resurrection or a raising upR

With that in mind

Acts 15:9 —ESV
“and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.”

Regeneration is what cleanses the heart. The heart is cleansed by faith

Col. 2:12 —ESV
“having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

Being raised here is a raising of the spirit that is regeneration

The content of faith being the gospel

1 Cor. 4:15 —KJV
“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.”

to be begotten is to be born again -regenerated

James 1:18 (KJV 1900)
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

began - born again through the word of truth the gospel

1 Pet. 1:23 —ESV
“since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;”

born again -regeneration the word of God the gospel

ReverendRV

You are referring to Acts 9:18: "And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized." That refers to event that took place long after he had received his first vision from the Lord, while on his way to Damascus, and after he had plenty of time to build up his faith.
I told myself I wasn't going to talk with you, but I must say you hit the nail on the head; the time period between those Events is an interesting conversation when it comes to the Temporal Order...

brightfame52

Regeneration is the means by which God purifies (cleanses) the heart. In scripture it is likened as going from death to life - spiritual death to spiritual life thus is a resurrection or a raising upR

With that in mind

“and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.”

“having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.”

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

“since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;”

So again where is the scripture that says "regeneration is through faith" Faith is the fruit of new birth, birth of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

So again where is the scripture that says "regeneration is through faith" Faith is the fruit of new birth, birth of the Spirit Gal 5 22
here if you are capable of comprehension

With that in mind

brightfame52

With that in mind

so again where is the scripture that says regeneration is through faith? Thats what your thread title says, but you haven't proved it with one scripture !

TomFL

so again where is the scripture that says regeneration is through faith? Thats what your thread title says, but you haven't proved it with one scripture !
Open your eyes it is before you

With that in mind

brightfame52

With that in mind

Eyes are open and still dont see one verse that says regeneration is before faith. Why make a thread and fail to prove the title with scripture ?

TomFL

Eyes are open and still dont see one verse that says regeneration is before faith. Why make a thread and fail to prove the title with scripture ?
Then you cannot see

With that in mind

Now the gospel must be believed to benefit

Hebrews 4:2 (KJV 1900)
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

regeneration is certainly a benefit therefore the gospel must be believed to effect regeneration

Or you could have just asked John and Jesus

Jesus

John 3:3 (KJV 1900)
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus

John 3:9 (KJV 1900)
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

Jesus

John 3:14–18 (KJV 1900)
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

brightfame52

Then you cannot see

With that in mind

2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

regeneration is certainly a benefit therefore the gospel must be believed to effect regeneration

Jesus

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus

Jesus

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
No I cannot see a verse that says " regeneration is before faith" You have failed miserably to prove your point with scripture !

TomFL

No I cannot see a verse that says " regeneration is before faith" You have failed miserably to prove your point with scripture !
LOL

and you never will

for that is your view

so the failure is yours

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

brightfame52

LOL

and you never will

for that is your view

so the failure is yours

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

You laughing but you haven't produced !

TomFL

You laughing but you haven't produced !
Actually I have produced and you put your foot in your mouth with

and you never will

for that is your view

so the failure is yours

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

brightfame52

Actually I have produced and you put your foot in your mouth with

and you never will

for that is your view

so the failure is yours

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

Still no scripture saying " regeneration through faith " What you do is compile up scriptures you have the slightest idea what they say and mean, impose your imagination on them, then challenge folk to prove what you are imagining is wrong. Thats very supine of you to say the least, but I am not going to encourage you in that. Im not about to begin explaining all the verses you round up and dont know how to explain them yourself !