Regeneration through faith

TomFL

Still no scripture saying " regeneration through faith " What you do is compile up scriptures you have the slightest idea what they say and mean, impose your imagination on them, then challenge folk to prove what you are imagining is wrong. Thats very supine of you to say the least, but I am not going to encourage you in that. Im not about to begin explaining all the verses you round up and dont know how to explain them yourself !
Do you know the you can teach a concept with the use of certain words

What we have here is fan exposition of regeneration

Regeneration is the means by which God purifies (cleanses) the heart. In scripture it is likened as going from death to life - spiritual death to spiritual life thus is a resurrection or a raising up

so if we speak of the heart being purified we are speaking of regeneration

and if we discuss a spiritual resurrection we are speaking of regeneration

With that in mind

Acts 15:9 —ESV
“and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.”

Regeneration is what cleanses the heart. The heart is cleansed by faith

Col. 2:12 —ESV
“having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

Being raised here is a raising of the spirit that is regeneration

The content of faith being the gospel

1 Cor. 4:15 —KJV
“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.”

to be begotten is to be born again -regenerated

James 1:18 (KJV 1900)
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

began - born again through the word of truth the gospel

1 Pet. 1:23 —ESV
“since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;”

born again -regeneration the word of God the gospel

Now the gospel must be believed to benefit

Hebrews 4:2 (KJV 1900)
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

regeneration is certainly a benefit therefore the gospel must be believed to effect regeneration

Or you could have just asked John and Jesus

Jesus

John 3:3 (KJV 1900)
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus

John 3:9 (KJV 1900)
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

Jesus

John 3:14–18 (KJV 1900)
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Bob Carabbio

Temporally yes

Logically according to the verses faith comes first

Faith being a criteria of regeneration according to scripture
Eph 2:8,9 indicates that FAITH - is GIFTED by God. IN Fact Rom 10:17 indicates that ALL BIBLICAL FAITH is based of God's WORD to us - not some "Intellectial Assent" to a "Theology".

brightfame52

Regeneration is the means by which God purifies (cleanses) the heart. In scripture it is likened as going from death to life - spiritual death to spiritual life thus is a resurrection or a raising up

With that in mind

“and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.”

“having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.”

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

“since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;”

2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

regeneration is certainly a benefit therefore the gospel must be believed to effect regeneration

Jesus

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus

Jesus

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
So tell me where is the scripture that says" regeneration through faith "

Thats how so many false teachings get started, out of the imagination of men

TomFL

So tell me where is the scripture that says" regeneration through faith "

Thats how so many false teachings get started, out of the imagination of men
Read and engage instead of running

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

TomFL

Eph 2:8,9 indicates that FAITH - is GIFTED by God. IN Fact Rom 10:17 indicates that ALL BIBLICAL FAITH is based of God's WORD to us - not some "Intellectial Assent" to a "Theology"

???????????????

Where do you see a mention of Intellectual Assent" to a "Theology

brightfame52

???????????????

Read what ? I dont see one verse that says regeneration through faith. And I know you dont expect me to start explaining all them verses you have rounded up. You might as well forget about that, yes I run from that, explain your own verses !

zerinus

I told myself I wasn't going to talk with you, ...
LOL! Whether you decide to talk with me or not, has no bearing on whether I will correct your theological errors or not.
... but I must say you hit the nail on the head; the time period between those Events is an interesting conversation when it comes to the Temporal Order...
Zacharias was struck dumb in order that he might believe (Luke 1:18-20); and Paul was struck blind in order that he might believe (Acts 9:8); and in both instances the remedy was effective, and the desired effect was achieved. But in either case, the blessing came after faith, not before.

brightfame52

LOL! Whether you decide to talk with me or not, has no bearing on whether I will correct your theological errors or not.

Zacharias was struck dumb in order that he might believe (Luke 1:18-20); and Paul was struck blind in order that he might believe (Acts 9:8); and in both instances the remedy was effective, and the desired effect was achieved. But in either case, the blessing came after faith, not before.
What blessing ? Your comments here sound somewhat out of left field like usual. Does this have anything to do with regeneration through faith ?

TomFL

Read what ? I dont see one verse that says regeneration through faith. And I know you dont expect me to start explaining all them verses you have rounded up. You might as well forget about that, yes I run from that, explain your own verses !
You don't see much

look for the concept not just the words

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

zerinus

What blessing ? Your comments here sound somewhat out of left field like usual. Does this have anything to do with regeneration through faith ?
Talking nonsense as usual. There is no such thing as "regeneration" until after one has received the gift of the Holy Ghost; and Paul received that after his faith and baptism, not before:

Acts 9:

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Bob Carabbio

???????????????

"Theology" (Belief, as the term "Belief" is commonly used) is ALL "Mental assent, developed through Intellectual study of the WOrd, and often other sources. FAITH, on the other hand is the result of God's direct illumination of His Word to you, so that it's HIM and his Word to YOU that your FAITH is based on.
Mar 11:23 "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith".

The TRICK is in the statement: "and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith".

SO - how do you propose to "Not Doubt"??? Intellectual assent won't do it for you. NOTHING will accomplish "not Doubting" other than God's Word TO YOU. God's Word as recorded in the Bible is all well and good - but ONLY if HE SPEAKS IT TO YOU will it have any effect.

TomFL

"Theology" (Belief, as the term "Belief" is commonly used) is ALL "Mental assent, developed through Intellectual study of the WOrd, and often other sources. FAITH, on the other hand is the result of God's direct illumination of His Word to you, so that it's HIM and his Word to YOU that your FAITH is based on.

And what appears here

With that in mind

“and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

brightfame52

You don't see much

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

Still don't see a verse saying regeneration through faith. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

Still don't see a verse saying regeneration through faith. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
Only because you are looking for words rather than understanding content and context

What we have here is an exposition of regeneration

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

brightfame52

Only because you are looking for words rather than understanding content and context

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

You still have not provided a scripture that says regeneration through faith. Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

You still have not provided a scripture that says regeneration through faith. Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
You are in denial

and it is was shown your interpretation of Gal 5:22 was an anti contextual error

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

Gal. 5:13–25 —KJV
Ҧ For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”

Gal 5:22 clearly concerns Christians who walk in the Spirit

mindlessly repeating the same thing does not change the facts

It just demonstrates you are in denial and are not open to scriptural correction

and is not about how unbelievers obtain faith

brightfame52

You are in denial

and it is was shown your interpretation of Gal 5:22 was an anti contextual error

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

Ҧ For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

It just demonstrates you are in denial and are not open to scriptural correction

and is not about how unbelievers obtain faith
Your imagination has ran wild, you have not provided any scripture that says regeneration through faith. Its impossible to find one that says that since faith is the fruit of the New Birth of the Spirit, Faith is a fruit of the Spirit, and thats not going to change!

TomFL

Your imagination has ran wild, you have not provided any scripture that says regeneration through faith. Its impossible to find one that says that since faith is the fruit of the New Birth of the Spirit, Faith is a fruit of the Spirit, and thats not going to change!
You lack basic understanding of what regeneration is

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

brightfame52

You lack basic understanding of what regeneration is

With that in mind

Jesus

Nicodemus

Jesus

I cant see that you know anything about regeneration. Again faith is the fruit and effect of the Spirits work in the born of God. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

I cant see that you know anything about regeneration. Again faith is the fruit and effect of the Spirits work in the born of God. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
You were refuted regarding your interpretaion of Gal 5:22

It is not how an unbeliever obtains faith

and you did not engage any of things I stated about regeneration

so you tout nothing more than your theology