Regeneration through faith

brightfame52

You have not one scripture evidence that promotes the heresy of regeneration through faith. A dead sinners dead faith produces spirit new life, this is insanity. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

You have not one scripture evidence that promotes the heresy of regeneration through faith. A dead sinners dead faith produces spirit new life, this is insanity. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
You are in denial

I gave you many

Did you forget regeneration is new life

John 20:31 —ESV
“but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

Ezekiel 18:30-32

“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!”

The order clearly laid out is as follows:

“Repent, Turn away…Rid yourselves…” “…get a new heart and a new spirit.” Verse 32 makes it even more simple:

“Repent and…” “…live!” Life comes from repentance, not the other way around.

Acts 11:18

When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.”

“Repentance unto…” “…life” The Gentiles were not granted life unto repentance, but just the opposite according to the text. And the gospel is the means God grants mankind the ability to believe. He sent the gospel first to the Jews and then the Gentiles which enabled their faith response (Rom. 1:16, 10:14-17).

John 5:40

“yet you refuse to COME TO ME TO HAVE LIFE.”

“Come to me…” (through faith) “…to have life.”

John 6:53

“I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.”

“Unless you eat…drink” (by faith) “…you have not life in you.”

John 6:57

“so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.”

“the one who feeds on me…” (by faith) “…will live”

John 20:31

“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

“these are written…” (scriptures) “…that you may believe…” “…by believing you may have life…” Life clearly is a fruit of faith and repentance, not the other way around.

Acts 15:9

“He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.”

“He purified their hearts…” “…by faith.” It does not say He purified their hearts by regeneration so as to make them have faith. Clearly a purified heart is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

John 1:12-13

“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

The right to be born of God is given only to those who believe.

“…all who did receive him…who believed…” “…he gave the right to BECOME children of God…” You are not even given to right to become a child of God, much less be born again as his child, UNTIL you “receive him” and “believe in his name.” And while placing our trust in Christ is man’s responsibility,

the work of regeneration is all of God’s doing. It does not come by way of inheritance, marriage, works or striving (Rom. 9:30-32).

Galatians 3:26

“You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus…”

“You are all sons of God…” “…through faith in Christ…” Obviously, becoming a son (born of God) is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

John 12:36

“Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.”

“Believe in the light…” “…so that you may become children…”

Ephesians 1:13

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit…”

“when you heard the message of truth…when you believed “you were included in Christ…you were marked in him…”

Galatians 3:2, 5

“I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?… So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?”

“…received the Spirit…” “…by believing what you heard…”

2 Corinthians 3:14-16

“But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

“…anyone turns to the Lord…” (by faith) “…the veil is taken away.”

1 Timothy 1:16

“But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.”

“…those who would believe in him…” “…may receive eternal life.”

Colossians 2:12

“…having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

“…baptism, in which you were also raised…” “…through your faith…”

James 1:18

“He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.”

“…give us brith…” “…through the word of truth…”

Calvinists teach the word of truth will certainly be rejected by the unregenerate, thus how can the apostle say that the word may be the means of new birth? Birth must precede the word if Calvinism is true, and that is not what the text clearly indicates. LF Soteriology 101

TomFL

Engage for what? You have not proved nothing. You wasting spàce
This

Did you forget regeneration is new life

“but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!”

“Repent, Turn away…Rid yourselves…” “…get a new heart and a new spirit.” Verse 32 makes it even more simple:

When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.”

“Repentance unto…” “…life” The Gentiles were not granted life unto repentance, but just the opposite according to the text. And the gospel is the means God grants mankind the ability to believe. He sent the gospel first to the Jews and then the Gentiles which enabled their faith response (Rom. 1:16, 10:14-17).

“I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.”

“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

“these are written…” (scriptures) “…that you may believe…” “…by believing you may have life…” Life clearly is a fruit of faith and repentance, not the other way around.

“He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.”

“He purified their hearts…” “…by faith.” It does not say He purified their hearts by regeneration so as to make them have faith. Clearly a purified heart is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

“…all who did receive him…who believed…” “…he gave the right to BECOME children of God…” You are not even given to right to become a child of God, much less be born again as his child, UNTIL you “receive him” and “believe in his name.” And while placing our trust in Christ is man’s responsibility,

the work of regeneration is all of God’s doing. It does not come by way of inheritance, marriage, works or striving (Rom. 9:30-32).

“You are all sons of God…” “…through faith in Christ…” Obviously, becoming a son (born of God) is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

“Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.”

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit…”

“when you heard the message of truth…when you believed “you were included in Christ…you were marked in him…”

“I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?… So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?”

“But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

“But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.”

“…having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

“He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.”

Calvinists teach the word of truth will certainly be rejected by the unregenerate, thus how can the apostle say that the word may be the means of new birth? Birth must precede the word if Calvinism is true, and that is not what the text clearly indicates. LF Soteriology 101you ran from it

brightfame52

You still shooting blanks and wasting space, no scripture says regeneration is through faith, cant be, faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

You still shooting blanks and wasting space, no scripture says regeneration is through faith, cant be, faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
Why is then you cannot deal with the evidence then ?

Calvinists teach the word of truth will certainly be rejected by the unregenerate, thus how can the apostle say that the word may be the means of new birth? Birth must precede the word if Calvinism is true, and that is not what the text clearly indicates. LF Soteriology 101you ran from it

and you still do not understand Gal 5:22

Unbelievers cannot have the fruit of the Spirit because they do not have the spirit

and they cannot have the Spirit without first believing

John 7:38–39 —KJV
“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Gal. 3:2 —KJV
“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”

Gal. 3:5 —KJV
“He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”

Gal. 3:14 —KJV
“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

so ir is faith before the spirit and the spirit before the fruit of the spirit

brightfame52

Why is then you cannot deal with the evidence then ?

Unbelievers cannot have the fruit of the Spirit because they do not have the spirit

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”

“He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”

“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

There's nothing for me to deal with in those verses, that is your job. Now not one of those verses say that regeneration is through faith. It's on you to prove your verses not me and I'm not wasting time for you!

TomFL

There's nothing for me to deal with in those verses, that is your job. Now not one of those verses say that regeneration is through faith. It's on you to prove your verses not me and I'm not wasting time for you!
You are running

Regeneration is new life

a purified heart

The bible shows we gets those through faith

brightfame52

You are running

Regeneration is new life

a purified heart

The bible shows we gets those through faith

No scripture says regeneration is through faith. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

No scripture says regeneration is through faith. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
If you know what regeneration is it does

Regeneration is new life and a spiritual resurrection and a purified soul

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:25 (KJV 1900)
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

1 Peter 1:18–23 (KJV 1900)
: 18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

brightfame52

If you know what regeneration is it does

Regeneration is new life and a spiritual resurrection and a purified soul

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:25 (KJV 1900)
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

1 Peter 1:18–23 (KJV 1900)
: 18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
That is your problem, u don't know what regeneration is. And no scripture says regeneration through faith. It's impossible since faith is the fruit of the Spirit

TomFL

That is your problem, u don't know what regeneration is. And no scripture says regeneration through faith. It's impossible since faith is the fruit of the Spirit
I have a ton of material which shows you do not know what you are talking about

Examples

personal regeneration
descriptions of ♦ new heart: De 30:6; Je 24:7; 31:33; Eze 11:19–20; 36:26–27 ♦ new birth: Jn 1:13; 3:3–8; Jam 1:18; 1 Pe 1:3, 23; 1 Jo 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1 ♦ spiritual death and resurrection: Ro 6:4–8; Ga 2:20; Eph 2:1, 5, 10; Col 2:12–13 ♦ new life: Eze 37:5, 14

The NASB Topical Index, electronic ed. (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1992).

Regeneration

What does it mean to be born again?

EXPLANATION AND SCRIPTURAL BASIS

We may define regeneration as follows: Regeneration is a secret act of God in which he imparts new spiritual life to us. This is sometimes called “being born again” (using language from John 3:3–8).

Wayne A. Grudem, Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine (Leicester, England; Grand Rapids, MI: Inter-Varsity Press; Zondervan Pub. House, 2004), 699.

REGENERATION

§ 1. Usage of the Word

The subjective change wrought in the soul by the grace of God, is variously designated in Scripture. It is called a new birth, a resurrection, a new life, a new creature, a renewing of the mind, a dying to sin and living to righteousness, a translation from darkness to light, etc. In

Charles Hodge, Systematic Theology, vol. 3 (Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997), 3.

VI. Regeneration and Effectual Calling

A. The Scriptural Terms for Regeneration and Their Implications

1. THE TERMS THAT COME INTO CONSIDERATION. The Greek word for “regeneration” (palingenesia) is found only in Matt. 19:28 and Titus 3:5; and only in the last named passage does it refer to the beginning of the new life in the individual Christian

L. Berkhof, Systematic Theology (Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans publishing co., 1938), 465.

3824 παλιγγενεσία, παλινγενεσία [paliggenesia /pal·ing·ghen·es·ee·ah/] n f. From 3825 and 1078; TDNT 1:686; TDNTA 117; GK 4098 and 4100; Two occurrences; AV translates as “regeneration” twice. 1 new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration. 1A hence renovation, regeneration, the production of a new life consecrated to God, a radical change of mind for the better Strongs

REGENERATION IS A SPIRITUAL QUICKENING, A NEW BIRTH.
Regeneration is the impartation of a new and divine life; a new creation; the production of a new thing.

William Evans and S. Maxwell Coder, The Great Doctrines of the Bible, Enl. ed. (Chicago: Moody Press, 1974), 152.

As I stated you do not know what you are talking about

brightfame52

I have a ton of material which shows you do not know what you are talking about

Examples

personal regeneration
descriptions of ♦ new heart: De 30:6; Je 24:7; 31:33; Eze 11:19–20; 36:26–27 ♦ new birth: Jn 1:13; 3:3–8; Jam 1:18; 1 Pe 1:3, 23; 1 Jo 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1 ♦ spiritual death and resurrection: Ro 6:4–8; Ga 2:20; Eph 2:1, 5, 10; Col 2:12–13 ♦ new life: Eze 37:5, 14

The NASB Topical Index, electronic ed. (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1992).

Regeneration

We may define regeneration as follows: Regeneration is a secret act of God in which he imparts new spiritual life to us. This is sometimes called “being born again” (using language from John 3:3–8).

Wayne A. Grudem, Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine (Leicester, England; Grand Rapids, MI: Inter-Varsity Press; Zondervan Pub. House, 2004), 699.

REGENERATION

§ 1. Usage of the Word

The subjective change wrought in the soul by the grace of God, is variously designated in Scripture. It is called a new birth, a resurrection, a new life, a new creature, a renewing of the mind, a dying to sin and living to righteousness, a translation from darkness to light, etc. In

Charles Hodge, Systematic Theology, vol. 3 (Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997), 3.

1. THE TERMS THAT COME INTO CONSIDERATION. The Greek word for “regeneration” (palingenesia) is found only in Matt. 19:28 and Titus 3:5; and only in the last named passage does it refer to the beginning of the new life in the individual Christian

L. Berkhof, Systematic Theology (Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans publishing co., 1938), 465.

3824 παλιγγενεσία, παλινγενεσία [paliggenesia /pal·ing·ghen·es·ee·ah/] n f. From 3825 and 1078; TDNT 1:686; TDNTA 117; GK 4098 and 4100; Two occurrences; AV translates as “regeneration” twice. 1 new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration. 1A hence renovation, regeneration, the production of a new life consecrated to God, a radical change of mind for the better Strongs

Regeneration is the impartation of a new and divine life; a new creation; the production of a new thing.

William Evans and S. Maxwell Coder, The Great Doctrines of the Bible, Enl. ed. (Chicago: Moody Press, 1974), 152.

Not one of those verses say anything about that regeneration through faith. It's impossible since faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

Not one of those verses say anything about that regeneration through faith. It's impossible since faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
You are unable to read and come to a conclusion which is outside of your inculcated paradigm
Once it is realized what regeneration is it can readily seen it is through faith (verses demonstrating faith previously supplied)

personal regeneration

Regeneration

REGENERATION

§ 1. Usage of the Word

Like Reply

brightfame52

You are unable to read and come to a conclusion which is outside of your inculcated paradigm
Once it is realized what regeneration is it can readily seen it is through faith (verses demonstrating faith previously supplied)

Like Reply
You simply don't have any scripture that says regeneration through faith. It's your imagination because faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

You simply don't have any scripture that says regeneration through faith. It's your imagination because faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
Sorry I gave plenty

You are just unable to come to conclusion outside of the theological box you have pout yourself in

and you are still misusing Gal 5:22 as shown many times

brightfame52

Sorry I gave plenty

You are just unable to come to conclusion outside of the theological box you have pout yourself in

and you are still misusing Gal 5:22 as shown many times
You have plenty in your imagination. God and I know you don't have any. Plus Gal 5 22 shows us that faith is the fruit of the Spirit.

TomFL

You have plenty in your imagination. God and I know you don't have any. Plus Gal 5 22 shows us that faith is the fruit of the Spirit.
Sorry you are in error Gal 5:22 does not teach one must first be regenerate before they can believe the gospel

and this refutes your claim

1 Pet. 1:18–23 —KJV
“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth
through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”