Reincarnation

When you die....what, who...sends you back?
Reincarnation is a funny thing. When you "die" you lose all memories of your former life and return as someone else not necessarily a human. What is so funny is that above statement is exactly the same as to say when you "die" babies will be born immediately after your death. The problem lies in people not knowing who they really are.

CrowCross

Reincarnation is a funny thing. When you "die" you lose all memories of your former life and return as someone else not necessarily a human. What is so funny is that above statement is exactly the same as to say when you "die" babies will be born immediately after your death. The problem lies in people not knowing who they really are.
Who really are we?

There still seems to be some law..rule...that determins what a person comes back as. Or is it by chance?

Who really are we?

There still seems to be some law..rule...that determins what a person comes back as. Or is it by chance?
There is no rule and no law. Also it is not chance. There is no determinism or fatalism. You asked a question of who really are we? Who is asking this question?

CrowCross

There is no rule and no law. Also it is not chance. There is no determinism or fatalism. You asked a question of who really are we? Who is asking this question?
That sounds like a non-answer. If something reincarnates as anything...there has to be a reason as to why. Something has to determine the why.

That sounds like a non-answer. If something reincarnates as anything...there has to be a reason as to why. Something has to determine the why.
Why is there a God? There must be a why. Are you not I? Do you say "I am going to the store." I am I also we are all I's. Reincarnation is simply a reincarnation of I's. No hocus pocus involved. There will be births after your death that is reincarnation.

CrowCross

Why is there a God? There must be a why. Are you not I? Do you say "I am going to the store." I am I also we are all I's. Reincarnation is simply a reincarnation of I's. No hocus pocus involved. There will be births after your death that is reincarnation.

I could give reasons as to why there is a God...but that's a different topic. The question here is "what" governs reincarnation?. Ib Bill reincarnates into Jack...there has to have been a reason. If there was a reason then there was intelligence involved. Another option is chance and you already said there is no chance. (post 26)

Presenting peole as "I's" seems to be a simple way of identification. In that sense we are all I's. If reincarnation is the reincarnation of I's...and there was no hocus pocus involved...then what was/is involved?

I could give reasons as to why there is a God...but that's a different topic. The question here is "what" governs reincarnation?. Ib Bill reincarnates into Jack...there has to have been a reason. If there was a reason then there was intelligence involved. Another option is chance and you already said there is no chance. (post 26)

Presenting peole as "I's" seems to be a simple way of identification. In that sense we are all I's. If reincarnation is the reincarnation of I's...and there was no hocus pocus involved...then what was/is involved?
There is one event. The event is happening.

Yes we are all I's and all the one event. There is an event going on. What is involved is the one event. People tend to chop things into bits and pieces then forgot they did so.

There are different models of the universe that people think/believe/have faith in. When one looks at the universe as a ceramic pot then their universe view will reflect that. My faith of the model of the universe is not a ceramic viewpoint.