Rekindling Amazement

Nourishment; renewal of the covenant. Our relationship with God comes in Baptism. God nourishes us in the Eucharist as well as renews the covenant.
Doesn't scripture feed us?

Our relationship to God comes through faith.

John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Wheres your verse? Where are we told we become children of God through baptism? And no, there is no need to renew our covenant with God. Thats like saying your own children have to renew their relationship with their parents. Once a child of God always a child of God. And if God dwells in us then there is no reason to go anywhere to eat him to get filled again.

f you isolate all of the verses concerning Peter--such as Peter and the keys, "Feed my sheep" "I have prayed for you that your Faith may not fail" etc, no one verse alone proves anything.

Catholics believe that the combination of verses, the confluence of the verses gives strong indications of the papacy. The verses read together, not in isolation give strong indications of a papacy.

Do I agree--one verse with Jesus saying to Peter "feed my sheep" proves very little. But taking that verse in context with everything else in the New Testament--certainly gives strong indications of a papacy. The only reason someone would deny this--is simply becasue they do not want to believe in a papacy.
That Peter was prominent in the life of the early church is undeniable, but nowhere in the writings of the apostles is there the slightest hint that any of the other apostles treated Peter as the head of the church - the spiritual head of God's people. Jesus never made Peter, nor any of his supposed successors, a Roman Catholic pope.
It was through the hearing of, and believing in the gospel which Peter preached that opened the way into the kingdom of heaven. The only special privilege that was given to Peter was that he was chosen to be the first one to proclaim the gospel. This privilege did not make him the head of the church on earth.

mica said:
where does scripture say anyone receives Him by denying His Son and following a false teacher?
It doesn't. We aren't supposed to follow false teachers.
yet you do - the rcc.

That is why I do not follow you or any of the other Protestants on this site.
not all here are protestants - but we know catholics use that word to be derogatory. believers don't protest God's word, the rcc does that.

we don't tell you to follow us, but to follow Christ and His word.

Back