Repetitive Prayer

Nondenom40

If you see questions as insults then you do not understand that a point is being clarified.
We've been dealing with their faux anger and persecution complexes for years now. Simply disagreeing isn't an insult or a cause for anger. Its a tactic pure and simple. And, this being an apologetics site you'd think some people would expect some pushback.

balshan

We've been dealing with their faux anger and persecution complexes for years now. Simply disagreeing isn't an insult or a cause for anger. Its a tactic pure and simple. And, this being an apologetics site you'd think some people would expect some pushback.
You are right. I thought the fact that it is an apologetic site would mean there would be a difference of opinion.

mica

balshan said:
If you see questions as insults then you do not understand that a point is being clarified.
yes, they like to pretend to be persecuted. It's one of their many catholic dodges. They can't support what they believe without turning to the words of men.

They can't answer questions about what scripture really does say, because the RCC doesn't teach that.

mica

pilgrim said:
You see mica, often your questions are really insults with a question mark behind them. That might be why many of your questions go unanswered.
"...In all things charity", right?
catholics don't have / go to biblical bible studies. They aren't taught to ask questions to dig out what is actually being said in scripture. I have been taught that over many, many years. one of my teachers continually 'asks' questions (that he knows we need to ask) when he is teaching. Sometimes when I'm having trouble understanding something I'll pull up one of his videos (doesn't even need to be on the same topic) and listen to him pull apart a verse, tie it into other verses, the timeline, the 'why' of the verse etc and just refresh my mind on how he does it. then I go back and do the same with the verse I'm having trouble understanding. Sometimes I ask questions to cause them to think! Why is Paul saying that? Who is he speaking to and why? What was he asked? What was the problem in the church he was addressing? Most catholics have no idea about those things. they don't care - what they care about is 'what the RCC says' about it, not what scripture actually does say about it. That is not a bible study, that's indoctrination.

It's too bad some think that asking questions about God's word is an insult. If they asked more questions about it they might begin to understand it.

Last edited:

Bonnie

catholics don't have / go to biblical bible studies. They aren't taught to ask questions to dig out what is actually being said in scripture. I have been taught that over many, many years. one of my teachers continually 'asks' questions (that he knows we need to ask) when he is teaching. Sometimes when I'm having trouble understanding something I'll pull up one of his videos (doesn't even need to be on the same topic) and listen to him pull apart a verse, tie it into other verses, the timeline, the 'why' of the verse etc and just refresh my mind on how he does it. then I go back and do the same with the verse I'm having trouble understanding. Sometimes I ask questions to cause them to think! Why is Paul saying that? Who is he speaking to and why? What was he asked? What was the problem in the church he was addressing? Most catholics have no idea about those things. they don't care - what they care about is 'what the RCC says' about it, not what scripture actually does say about it. That is not a bible study, that's indoctrination.

It's too bad some think that asking questions about God's word is an insult. If they asked more questions about it they might begin to understand it.
God doesn't mind if we ask sincere questions. The truth will stand up to any question--false teachings do NOT.

Bonnie

yes, they like to pretend to be persecuted. It's one of their many catholic dodges. They can't support what they believe without turning to the words of men.

They can't answer questions about what scripture really does say, because the RCC doesn't teach that.
Yes, the way one Catholic on here quoted from diLiguori, to attempt to back up what he wrote--even knowing our antipathy towards him. As if that blasphemer would have the truth!

Bonnie

I agree on that. I often think it must be a new believer - just learning to pray using their own words.

or a very old believer who is - just plain tired of trying to think about anything and is probably having trouble thinking of words!

otoh, He is JUST. He gives us what we need to know to accept Him as Lord and Savior, to believe in and follow Him, but so many reject His word for that of man.
And we have Paul's assurance that, when we do not know how to pray as we ought, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us, with groanings too deep for words. HE knows what is deep in our hearts, even if we do not, sometimes.

Maxtar

catholics don't have / go to biblical bible studies.
Sorry, but many parishes now have them. So you are wrong again.
I have been taught that over many, many years. one of my teachers continually 'asks' questions (that he knows we need to ask) when he is teaching. Sometimes when I'm having trouble understanding something I'll pull up one of his videos (doesn't even need to be on the same topic) and listen to him pull apart a verse, tie it into other verses, the timeline, the 'why' of the verse etc and just refresh my mind on how he does it. then I go back and do the same with the verse I'm having trouble understanding. Sometimes I ask questions to cause them to think! Why is Paul saying that? Who is he speaking to and why? What was he asked? What was the problem in the church he was addressing?
1 Corinthians 13:2, ESV: "And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2, KJV : "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."

Love is what the Christian faith is all about, With all your bible study, has it yet to sink in yet?

balshan

1 Corinthians 13:2, ESV: "And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2, KJV : "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."

Love is what the Christian faith is all about, With all your bible study, has it yet to sink in yet?
It is loving a neighbour to deny him the gospel message? Your pope is denying Muslims the truth about Jesus. You seem to be the one who does not understand what that word means. It means you need to love your enemies and neighbours.

Luke 6:27

But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you

Matt 5:43-48

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same

Rom 12:14

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.

If you wish to lecture then you need to know what you are talking about.

balshan

The Muslims already have their own take on Jesus. Preaching to them would be like me trying to get you to become a Catholic Christian - a waste of time.
Now that explains a lot. That is why the RCC forced people to become believers in the olden days. Why their lives were threatened.

So what you are really saying is that Jesus was telling us to waste our time when He gave us the great Commission. I was an RC, it was a waste of time and left me without a real take on Jesus. That is why the Holy Spirit showed me the truth.

mica

God doesn't mind if we ask sincere questions. The truth will stand up to any question--false teachings do NOT.
Right, He doesn't. the apostles asked questions of Him and He asked questions of others. How are we to learn if we don't ask about something we don't understand? Most all of my teachers ask questions as they teach, most likely the questions they've heard over years and years of ministry, and then they go into the scriptural teaching on it. The majority of the books in the NT were written in response to the questions (and problems) of those in the churches.

no they don't, which is why teachers in the RCC don't like them or want to answer them. most often it is just 'the RCC says', ' the Church teaches'. iow, just believe whatever it is they tell you.

mica

Maxtar said:
The Muslims already have their own take on Jesus. Preaching to them would be like me trying to get you to become a Catholic Christian - a waste of time.
that's a contradiction in itself.

so who has deemed their souls to be a waste of time? catholics who claim to be His church? successors to His apostles? Whose soul does Jesus Himself consider to be a waste of time? I remember a verse where He told the apostles to go into all nations.

I've heard numerous testimonies given by Muslims. There are Muslims who are now Christians with ministries to other Muslims. The son of the leader of Hamas was one of those testimonies of salvation thru Christ that I listened to.

mica

Do you attend any of them?

His church had bible study in the 1st century. Jesus, the apostles and disciples taught them.

what the RCC now has as bible study isn't actually studying scripture, but studying what the RCC tells you it says. So it is really just studying the RCC catechism. That's the catholic's bible.

Yes, it is. What is the catholic faith all about?
Is it love for you that causes the RCC to deceive you about what God's word actually says? Is it love of God that causes the RCC to teach contrary to His word?

If I didn't have love (of Him) for lost catholics I wouldn't spend my time on this forum. I'd just consider them lost souls and a waste of time, like you do of Muslims.

Where's your love for Muslims? Do you not consider them to be people, creations of God?

I read no love of Him (or for Him) in your posts here to non catholics.

Maxtar said:
are you a Jew or a Gentile? If you're not a Jew then you might want to check with scripture regarding how Jews thought of the Gentiles. Did Jesus not come to save the Gentiles also? Yet Jesus and His apostles were Jews.

Bonnie

What twaddle! Muslims deny the Triune Godhead and deny that Jesus is God in the flesh! They also deny that Jesus was crucified, calling it "crucifiction." Their "Jesus" is NOT the Jesus of the Bible.

Some Muslims have become Christians through the witness of Christians. It is indeed hard to do so with them, but it can be done. Here is one such outreach:

This appears to have been started by a former Muslim.

My own church has an outreach to Muslims, POBLO, "People of the Book Lutheran Outreach."

So, your Pope Francis is wrong.

Maxtar

Do you attend any of them?
Yes, I have.
what the RCC now has as bible study isn't actually studying scripture, but studying what the RCC tells you it says. So it is really just studying the RCC catechism. That's the catholic's bible.
And any "bible study" that you may have in your sect is led by your sect leader who put's his/her spin on it, the spin they in turn got from the men who invented it in the 16th century. The CCC is merely an expounding on what the Church believes. It is no different that a book by Billy Graham of T.D Jakes or any other person who wrote any book that gives their vision/version of God.

Where's your love for Muslims? Do you not consider them to be people, creations of God?
Now you are for the Muslims? Now that is quite a position for a fundamentalist to take.

mica

It is loving a neighbour to deny him the gospel message? Your pope is denying Muslims the truth about Jesus. You seem to be the one who does not understand what that word means. It means you need to love your enemies and neighbours.

Luke 6:27

But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you

Matt 5:43-48

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same

Rom 12:14

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.

If you wish to lecture then you need to know what you are talking about.
and the Jews and how many other groups? that even includes catholics. if they don't know it, haven't experienced it then they can't share it, teach it.