Repetitive Prayer

mica

mica said:
Do you attend any of them?
Yes, I have.
how many? often? Do they teach the specific catholic teachings? I pulled up one online last night and listened to it for a short time (will spend more time on that today). A very animated woman but within minutes she blew it on water baptism. So no hopes she'll be explaining the reality of the rebirth. It's basically an 'overall' view of a few bible stories. not much real understanding of it. She misses a lot that people should be taught.

And any "bible study" that you may have in your sect is led by your sect leader who put's his/her spin on it, the spin they in turn got from the men who invented it in the 16th century.
How many believer bible studies have you taken part in? Who were the teachers?

huh. my teachers go by what was written in scripture... long before the 16th C or those who lived then. They compare scripture with scripture, not what some man said mega yrs later.

The CCC is merely an expounding on what the Church believes. It is no different that a book by Billy Graham of T.D Jakes
exactly.

I certainly wouldn't liken Billy G to TDJ.

or any other person who wrote any book that gives their vision/version of God.
like the RCC does in the ccc.

Now you are for the Muslims? Now that is quite a position for a fundamentalist to take.
I'm not for what they believe as Muslims anymore than I am for what you believe as a catholic.

But they are His creatures and they have an eternal soul that needs to know Christ as Lord and Savior.

that doesn't seem to matter to you.

balshan

how many? often? Do they teach the specific catholic teachings? I pulled up one online last night and listened to it for a short time (will spend more time on that today). A very animated woman but within minutes she blew it on water baptism. So no hopes she'll be explaining the reality of the rebirth. It's basically an 'overall' view of a few bible stories. not much real understanding of it. She misses a lot that people should be taught.

How many believer bible studies have you taken part in? Who were the teachers?

huh. my teachers go by what was written in scripture... long before the 16th C or those who lived then. They compare scripture with scripture, not what some man said mega yrs later.

exactly.

I certainly wouldn't liken Billy G to TDJ.

like the RCC does in the ccc.

I'm not for what they believe as Muslims anymore than I am for what you believe as a catholic.

But they are His creatures and they have an eternal soul that needs to know Christ as Lord and Savior.

that doesn't seem to matter to you.
You are right everyone is made in His image, all should be treated with respect and if you truly love your neighbour you will tell them about Jesus.

RayneBeau

“Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”

Surely you are not going to try and tell me that that communication with God is not a prayer? It's just like the Gloria which we pray at Mass. "Glory to God in the highest. And on earth peace to men of good will. We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory....
The "Gloria" which is robotically said at every Roman Catholic Mass, is NOT communication with God, and reciting it in a ritual means absolutely nothing without pure gratitude and true thanksgiving from the each individuals heart to God.

Maxtar

without pure gratitude and true thanksgiving from the each individuals heart to God.
Which of course is something that is impossible for you to determine - you cannot know what is in a person's heart, not in the heart of a person who worships in a Catholic Church, or a person who is sitting in the same pew as you worship in your church. Only Jesus/God can know this.

balshan

Which of course is something that is impossible for you to determine - you cannot know what is in a person's heart, not in the heart of a person who worships in a Catholic Church, or a person who is sitting in the same pew as you worship in your church. Only Jesus/God can know this.
Actions speak.

1 john 3:18

Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

You will never know their final destination because they could repent with their final breath but their actions speak while they are alive.

RayneBeau

Ah-h-h... where did I ever say that it was possible for me to know and determine what is in a persons heart no matter where they worship? :rolleyes: