Resisting God, His Grace, His Spirit

And Jesus came to seek and save the lost . And all are lost .

next
Jesus did indeed come to save, not to try (and often fail) to save! Everything God does is effectual; he cannot be thwarted.

Matt. 1:21 (MKJV) And she shall bear a son, and you shall call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.

Rom. 9:15-24 (KJV)
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Exactly. This OP exposes the obvious fact that they do not understand the doctrine of Irresistible Grace.

To further prove their misunderstanding all we have to do is ask them if they can now resist Jesus and “choose” to reject him as “foolishness”…

… or has Jesus became to them “the power and wisdom of God” such that he is now irresistible?

“For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” (1Co 1:18)

“And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,” (1Co 1:30)

Perceiving Christ Crucified as the power and wisdom of God, instead of foolishness, is the Irresistible Grace that Calvinists speak of. If you can’t resist Christ then you have come to experience the Irresistible Grace of God.

Excellent rebuttal.

I am pretty sure the ignorant will just ignore this with a stupid "oops" or "next"

There are a bunch of milk sops around here who are completely unable to even respond in any mature manner to what you wrote above.

Looks like the “ I “ in tulip was refuted here .

Is that the best you could do after he shot down your supposed milk sop stories?

You should try and disprove the sovereignty of God a bit harder.

You and your self worship, is starting to look better and better to the other self worshippers around here.

Those that understand the sovereignty of God can see right through your pomp and bluster.

Why not try and actually reply to the rebuttal posted by @Sketo instead of burying your head deeper.

That’s just your caricature and strawman. . Quote me saying any such nonsense. That’s right you cannot , just what I thought .
You did not even give me a chance to quote you... Lol

Here:
Howy said:
No one seeks God ... Rom 3:10ff

you replied

JohnnyBgood
And Jesus came to seek and save the lost . And all are lost .

If all are lost and no one seeks God, but Jesus came to seek and save the lost, then either all are saved which is universalism, or only the ones that Jesus chooses to save are saved.

So which is it?
Make up your mind if you can.

This destroys your view on sovereignty.Gods own testimony below .

Jeremiah 7:31
They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Hinnom so they could burn their sons and daughters in the fire--something I never commanded, nor did it even enter My mind.

Jeremiah 19:5
They have built the high places of Baal to burn their children in the fire as offerings to Baal—something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind.

Jeremiah 32:35
They have built the high places of Baal in the Valley of Hinnom to make their sons and daughters pass through the fire to Molech--something I never commanded them, nor had it ever entered My mind, that they should commit such an abomination and cause Judah to sin
And?

Does this teach God is not sovereign?

How does this help you show that man is sovereign over God, which you are so desperately trying to prove?
Please do some proper exegesis for us to see and understand, or did you just google something and think you have now proven God is not sovereign without looking at context....

Are you even able to?

No man must receive Jesus as their Lord . John 1:12, Roman’s 10:8-13. As many as received Him did He give them the right to become children of God, to as many as believed in His Name. That is the Bible .
And?

This does not help your case at all.

No one seeks for God. How can they receive Him if they did not seek Him?

So either Jesus universally saves, or he only reveals Himself to some who then receive Him.

Mat 11:27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Your interpretation of the verse above will read something like:

everyone knows the father apart from the Son and most choose to reject Him....

The scriptures I quoted are self evident . It did not enter Gods mind not did He cause Judah to sin .
Answer the question.

Does this mean God is NOT sovereign, and that man is sovereign over God?

If yes, then please explain how man is sovereign over God or perhaps your understanding of those so called "self evident" scriptures lead you to believe that God is not Sovereign.

A God that is not sovereign, is no God at all!

So explain to us so that we can all stand in awe of your wisdom, how a god that is not sovereign, is GOD ALMIGHTY

Jn 6:37, 44-45, 64-65 ... “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught by God. Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me. But there are some of you who do not believe. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. And He said, Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

Jn 10:14-16 ... I am the good shepherd, and I know My own, and My own know Me, just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And I have other sheep that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice; and they will become one flock, with one shepherd.

Acts 13:48 “Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.”

Acts 16:14 “Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul.”

Notice the verses cited by @Chalcedon here, are NOT in the context of salvation / irresistible grace, while each passage I cite is. There are more passages which can be cited supporting irresistible grace.
Absolutely right, yet the other posters take verses from their context all the time in order to keep their self-worship alive and kicking.
One of them already stated that God is not sovereign, claiming the verses he quoted is self-evident proving an impotent god.

They truly believe self sovereign when it comes to salvation, putting the god they want to believe in, in his place.....

. I gave my answer with scripture. And I don’t play the QA game .
Oh, but you are playing a game aren't you?

Please explain how those scriptures which YOU CLAIM are self evident, prove that God is not God Almighty but rather god, incompetent!

You can't so you hide behind " I don't play the QA game"

Stating scripture is self evident without exegesis nor context is nothing but the cowards way out of having to face the truth that God is sovereign over all.

Me??

He was responding to me...
Mat_12:31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

People are quick to judge, and then even judge the wrong people in doing so.

I am sorry that you were accused of being lead by Satan on my behalf.

... please explain how man is sovereign over God or perhaps your understanding of those so called "self evident" scriptures lead you to believe that God is not Sovereign.

A God that is not sovereign, is no God at all!
God, in His absolute sovereignty, made man an icon image of Himself (Gen 1:26), gifting man with a mind and a conscience (Rom 2:15). With that conscience, God's propitiation for the whole world (1 John 2:2), and God's metaphorical drawing of man (John 6:44), everyone is exhorted to "Repent and Believe" (Mark 1:15) in order to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38). This all happens under God's absolute sovereignty of that which He allows and permits to occur.

Calvinists make a mistake by imaging that the message to fallow Jesus was a demand when, in reality, it was an invitation. Unfortunately, there are many people who make the same mistake about Jesus Christ and the gospel. They think it is a demand when in reality it is an offer—a free invitation that you are free to accept or reject.

In Matthew 11:25–30, Jesus speaks what I believe are the most tender and appealing words he ever uttered: Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. What a beautiful invasion!

The Parable of the Great Banquet

1. Christology. Jesus is the unique agent of God calling for participation with him in the banquet of salvation promised by Isaiah 25:6–9.

2. Excuses. The excuses people offer for refusing his invitation are insulting and unacceptable.

3. Anger, suffering and costly love. The experiential realities of anger, suffering and costly love are linked in the response of the master who takes the pain of his anger and reprocesses it into grace. Part of the theology of the cross is at the heart of this transformation of anger into grace.

4. Now and the not yet. The great banquet is inaugurated yet looks to the future.

5. Grace. A genuine invitation is extended to unworthy types from within and without the community. Special pleading is mandated for those outsiders who will have a hard time accepting the authenticity of an invitation to accept grace.

6. Mission. Someone must take the good news of the open banquet to outcasts within and beyond the community. The invitation is limitless. It includes Israel, outcasts within Israel and foreigners beyond Israel’s bounds.

7. Vision for proclamation. The obedient servant becomes a witness for his master and takes the invitation to the outcasts. This action on his part widens his vision and excites him. In the process he notes the empty tables and starts to fill them. His participation as a messenger of the generous invitation creates its own new vision and the will to participate in fulfilling it. Only after the servant’s report does the master give the final command to reach beyond the community with the same gracious invitation. Was the master waiting to give the servant the opportunity to share with him in broadening the mandate of the banquet? Did the master think to himself, I will give my servant time to grow into my larger vision because only then will it be his vision as well?

8. Response to the invitation. Those who hear the good news must accept and enter the banquet hall or reject and stand aloof. Participation is not possible at a distance.

9. Judgment. Judgment is self-imposed. Those who refuse the invitation cut themselves off from the fellowship of the host and his guests. They choose not to taste the banquet.
From Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes CULTURAL STUDIES IN THE GOSPELS KENNETH E. BAILEY

The Invitation to the Banquet​

In the parables of Matt 22:3–6 and Luke 14:16–20, those who are first invited to the feast refuse to come. As a result, the host invites those who would normally not be expected to attend (Matt 22:7–14; Luke 14:21–24; see also Matt 8:11–12; Luke 13:28–29). According to these parables, it is the invitees’ response to the invitation that grants them access to banquet.

This destroys your view on sovereignty.Gods own testimony below .

Jeremiah 7:31
They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Hinnom so they could burn their sons and daughters in the fire--something I never commanded, nor did it even enter My mind.

Jeremiah 19:5
They have built the high places of Baal to burn their children in the fire as offerings to Baal—something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind.

Jeremiah 32:35
They have built the high places of Baal in the Valley of Hinnom to make their sons and daughters pass through the fire to Molech--something I never commanded them, nor had it ever entered My mind, that they should commit such an abomination and cause Judah to sin

Your misinterpretation is refuted here.

Back