Resisting God, His Grace, His Spirit

Calvinists make a mistake by imaging that the message to fallow Jesus was a demand when, in reality, it was an invitation. Unfortunately, there are many people who make the same mistake about Jesus Christ and the gospel. They think it is a demand when in reality it is an offer—a free invitation that you are free to accept or reject.

Anti-Calvinists make a mistake by imaging that the message to fallow Jesus was an invitation when, in reality, it was an demand. Unfortunately, there are many people who make the same mistake about Jesus Christ and the gospel. They think it is an invitation when in reality it is an demand—an assertion that the elect are necessarily going to accept.

Anti-Calvinists make a mistake by imaging that the message to fallow Jesus was an invitation when, in reality, it was an demand. Unfortunately, there are many people who make the same mistake about Jesus Christ and the gospel. They think it is an invitation when in reality it is an demand—
A demand or even an exhortation is still resistible, as evidenced by what happened in the parable. Irresistible Grace still comes toppling down.
an assertion that the elect are necessarily going to accept.
Then why wasn't the original invitation sent to only His "elect"? Surely God knows who His elect are.

A demand or even an exhortation is still resistible, as evidenced by what happened in the parable. Irresistible Grace still comes toppling down.

Then why wasn't the original invitation sent to only His "elect"? Surely God knows who His elect are.

It wasn't an "invitation".
And it was sent to everyone since all have a moral obligation to repent.
And God wants everyone to know what He's done for mankind.

You haven't demonstrated that the first groups were drawn irresistibly.
That's the point I'm trying to make! That the first group was not drawn irresistibly. I failed to demonstrate "that the first groups were drawn irresistibly" because that's the point I was aiming for. Thank you for acknowledging that fact which shows that Grace is not always irresistible.

That's the point I'm trying to make! That the first group was not drawn irresistibly. I failed to demonstrate "that the first groups were drawn irresistibly" because that's the point I was aiming for. Thank you for acknowledging that fact which shows that Grace is not always irresistible.

Um... I guess you're ignorant of the fact that Calvinism does NOT teach that "all" grace is irresistible.

So you are arguing a straw-man.
Congratulations!

It wasn't an "invitation".
And it was sent to everyone since all have a moral obligation to repent.
For what purpose would a non-Elect person want to repent for if God has him destined for destruction? This make no sense whatsoever.
And God wants everyone to know what He's done for mankind.
So now Reformed God is concerned about his approval ratings?

Yes it’s clear the I in the flower has been removed by Gods word as you demonstrated.

It's interesting that the anti-Calvinists have basically put the Calvinists on "ignore", so they have an excuse for ignoring all the refutations to their claims. And so all they do is continue to make straw-man arguments and praise each other in their echo chamber.

Um... I guess you're ignorant of the fact that Calvinism does NOT teach that "all" grace is irresistible.

So you are arguing a straw-man.
Congratulations!
How about Total Depravity? Do Reformers stand by that assertion or do they mean partial depravity?
How about Preservation of the Saints? Do reformers stand by that assertion or is it a partial preservation of the Saints?
How about .....

I never said he "wanted" to repent.
I said he's morally OBLIGATED to repent.
Please try to pay attention.
For what purpose has God deemed it an obligation for a non-Elect person to repent for if He has him destined for destruction? This make even less sense.

I’m so happy the Lord directed me to carm . I have learned the truth from these dialogues . So for that I am thankful the Lord predestined me here meticulously to read these threads on this forum .
Yes, it's wonderful how the truth can set you free. Then you can put your trust in Him rather than manmade doctrines. Especially Calvinism with all it's problem with Hermeneutic, Contradictions and Doublespeak.

Now your getting it
Getting what? I get that we're not totally depraved. That we possess a free choice. That repentance comes before regeneration. That we can lose our salvation. That Arminianism/Methodism makes much more sense than Calvinism..... That's what I get.

Getting what? I get that we're not totally depraved. That we possess a free choice. That repentance comes before regeneration. That we can lose our salvation. That Arminianism/Methodism makes much more sense than Calvinism..... That's what I get.
Would you say that it is because of Prevenient Grace, that we are not Totally Depraved?

Back