Rethinking the doctrine of "hell"

well I am glad that you agree..

Lot and his family were allowed to escape when Sodom and Gomorrah were being destroyed. God told them not to look back. Lot and his children did not look back. However, Lot's wife looked back, and her punishment was that she was turned into a pillar of salt, according to Genesis 19:26. The taste of salt is still in that spot today.

God is love, not a sadist.
Lot and his family were allowed to escape when Sodom and Gomorrah were being destroyed. God told them not to look back. Lot and his children did not look back. However, Lot's wife looked back, and her punishment was that she was turned into a pillar of salt, according to Genesis 19:26. The taste of salt is still in that spot today.

Moses was not allowed to go into the promised land because of a single act of disobedience, according to Numbers 20:1-13.

Surely, after all the things Moses had done to lead the people out of bondage and through the wilderness, he wanted to go into the promised land with them. Instead, he was punished. Many people thought the punishment was rather harsh.

Moses was told to stand on top of Mount Nebo. There he saw the promised land, but he was not allowed to go into it.

Symbolism about torment forever. A single teaching on the matter proves it, yet there is much evidence.
Mark 9:48--The place where the worm( maggot) dieth not.)--No worm or maggot could survive a single hour in a hot firey place, let alone not die.
so now YOU are god then, well ? if you are trying to prove God to be wrong, only God can do that and if God is wrong they why bother at all ?
Well it is simply a very stern and serious warning about ETERNAL Punishment if we sin and are not forgiven.

so now YOU are god then, well ? if you are trying to prove God to be wrong, only God can do that and if God is wrong they why bother at all ?
Well it is simply a very stern and serious warning about ETERNAL Punishment if we sin and are not forgiven.
The eternal punishMENT is permanent death. The second death will be permanent, there will be no coming back from it.

There is no eternal punishING.

Moses was not allowed to go into the promised land because of a single act of disobedience, according to Numbers 20:1-13.

Surely, after all the things Moses had done to lead the people out of bondage and through the wilderness, he wanted to go into the promised land with them. Instead, he was punished. Many people thought the punishment was rather harsh.

Moses was told to stand on top of Mount Nebo. There he saw the promised land, but he was not allowed to go into it.
They will all be resurrected into Gods kingdom= the real prize. Disobeying God is not a wise thing to do.

Deut 30:19--God set before all-LIFE or DEATH---both will be everlasting. Symbolism in the NT.

The eternal punishMENT is permanent death. The second death will be permanent, there will be no coming back from it.

lol, have you been there already ? anyway, invent your own version if you think it will change anything ( which it will not ) you said the same thing above TWICE, and tried to make out that there are 2 issues.. We all know that there is no " coming back " from eternal life with God or eternal punishment..

• John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
  • 1 Thessalonians 4:14 - For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
  • 1 Peter 1:3 - For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
  • Psalm 16:10 - David’s prayer of trust in Yahweh climaxes with the confidence, “For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption”.
  • 1 Corinthians 15:17-18 - “And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.

lol, have you been there already ? anyway, invent your own version if you think it will change anything ( which it will not ) you said the same thing above TWICE, and tried to make out that there are 2 issues.. We all know that there is no " coming back " from eternal life with God or eternal punishment..

• John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
  • 1 Thessalonians 4:14 - For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
  • 1 Peter 1:3 - For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
  • Psalm 16:10 - David’s prayer of trust in Yahweh climaxes with the confidence, “For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption”.
  • 1 Corinthians 15:17-18 - “And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.
I think you missed my point. Saved people will have everlasting life. Unsaved people will die the second death and be gone forever.

That is NOT what Scriptures say or tell us! Death is the punishment .

58 Yeshua answered him, "The foxes have holes, and the birds flying about have nests, but the Son of Man has no home of his own."
59 To another he said, "Follow me!" but the man replied, "Sir, first let me go away and bury my father."
60 Yeshua said, "Let the dead bury their own dead; you, go and proclaim the Kingdom of God!"
61 Yet another said, "I will follow you, sir, but first let me say good-by to the people at home."
62 To him Yeshua said, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and keeps looking back is fit to serve in the Kingdom of God."

• Revelation 20:10, which says that the devil, the beast, and the false prophet will be thrown into the lake of fire and tormented forever and ever.
  • 2 Thessalonians 1:9, which says that those who do not obey the gospel of Jesus Christ will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord.
  • Matthew 25:41, which says that the Son of Man will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
  • Revelation 21:8, which says that the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, the murderers, the sexually immoral, the sorcerers, the idolaters, and all liars will have their part in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

I think you missed my point. Saved people will have everlasting life. Unsaved people will die the second death and be gone forever.
Not having to pay for their un belief and evil ways is not what we are warned about, is it ? All that you guys say is that every lesson in the entire Bible was/is a waste of ink and paper and time ? Seriously and so, why come here anyway then if that is true ? lol

That is NOT what Scriptures say or tell us! Death is the punishment .
That's right. Death is not eternal life in torments.

58 Yeshua answered him, "The foxes have holes, and the birds flying about have nests, but the Son of Man has no home of his own."
59 To another he said, "Follow me!" but the man replied, "Sir, first let me go away and bury my father."
60 Yeshua said, "Let the dead bury their own dead; you, go and proclaim the Kingdom of God!"
61 Yet another said, "I will follow you, sir, but first let me say good-by to the people at home."
62 To him Yeshua said, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and keeps looking back is fit to serve in the Kingdom of God."

• Revelation 20:10, which says that the devil, the beast, and the false prophet will be thrown into the lake of fire and tormented forever and ever.
Actually, that's "to ages of ages." It means a long time. The Bible says that even the devil himself will eventually be burned up, he will "come to nothing" (Ezek 28:18-19).
  • 2 Thessalonians 1:9, which says that those who do not obey the gospel of Jesus Christ will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord.
Right. They'll be destroyed.

• Matthew 25:41, which says that the Son of Man will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
The fire will burn them up.

• Revelation 21:8, which says that the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, the murderers, the sexually immoral, the sorcerers, the idolaters, and all liars will have their part in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.
That's right. The unsaved will suffer, some longer than others, but they'll eventually die the second death and be gone.

Not having to pay for their un belief and evil ways is not what we are warned about, is it ? All that you guys say is that every lesson in the entire Bible was/is a waste of ink and paper and time ? Seriously and so, why come here anyway then if that is true ? lol
That's not what we say.

Hello there, we are all in the NEW Testament now, since about 2000+ years ago, catch up..
Its a sad thing when one thinks they know God but don't. Let me introduce you to the true God--Deut 32:4--ALL of his ways are justice--He taught you his perfect justice = an eye for an eye-CORRECT? Lets apply perfect justice to eternal suffering
On one side of the scales(eye) 70-100 years of an unrepented sinful life--On the otherside-trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of punishment to suffer eternally.( eye)---or in reality that is an eye for a gazillion eyes-thus not the true God.
symbolism= As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, those not allowed in miss each day, miss each day of Gods love, it never ends-likened to be an eternal suffering.
Only a sadist would create an eternal suffering-satan would. God who is love, merciful, just and forgiving could not ever. You should get to know him. Jesus teaches-John 17:3--It means ones eternal life to know his Father as the only true God and know the one he sent Jesus as well. You are listening to blind guides that do NOT know him.

Yes and Jesus said--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT learning never stops.
Well, here is another puzzle for you, Hebrew has no Letter J or j nor an X. It has only 22 letters. No such name as Jesus it is Yeshua.

Back