Rethinking the doctrine of "hell"

WHO first confessed our Lord to be the Christ?
In regards to whom ? be more specific please ? He may have done that exact thing to 100s of people who are not recorded in Scriptures ? Who are those who have edited and printed Bibles for the Nations ? The RCC once forbid the common people to own aa bible let alone forbid them to read Scriptures. Also, have they listened to the dire warning, While marriage is God’s plan for most people, He has gifted some to remain single so that they can serve Him without the encumbrances that necessarily go along with marriage. When Paul says, “It is good for a man not to touch a woman” (1 Cor. 7:1), he is using the word “touch” as a figure of speech that uses the physical relationship in marriage to represent marriage as a whole. Thus, he means, “It is good to remain single.” He restates the same idea in verses 7-9, and discusses it at length in verses 25-40. He is not commanding being single, since he recognizes the single state as a gift which God only gives to some; but he is strongly commending it, since it was a gift he himself had, and since it provides a number of advantages for serving the Lord that being married precludes.

How would we say "YHVH" in English?
And, know what we are talking about?

"Father" would suffice for the church age believer.

When studying foreign languages they always ended up changing my name to something fitting with their language.
Not using my name as I know it.

Satan wants to get believers to become obsessed with non essential details. Causing tunnel vision which will cause them to not be able to function on what is truly needed to be learned.

So? ... Do I call Him "Abba?" Or, "Poppa?"

Will He know that I am speaking to Him if I choose the wrong one?

Its silly to let oneself become obsessed with a detail that an all knowing God needs no explaining for.
We need to grow up by learning to discover what is essential for our spiritual growth.

I have seen online some arguing over Jehovah vs YHVH, for years! ...

While their preoccupation with their pet concept caused them to never grow.
They only found more and more ways to defend what is keeping them stuck in time.

God will not turn sentimental with us when we stand before Him.
He will not equate human stubbornness for being faithfulness...

This is sad....
God put his personal name in his bible because that is his will for it to be there. Satans will through wicked men removed it. So which translation would Jesus choose? So does his real religion.

God put his personal name in his bible because that is his will for it to be there. Satans will through wicked men removed it. So which translation would Jesus choose? So does his real religion.
The little flock is the first resurrection-They will be beside Jesus on thrones. It starts here-Rev 6:2--The ( 2nd)resurrection to the earth occurs after Harmageddon.
Are you reading from the JW handbook? It sounds like it.

haha, well done, that is one sure way to back out of it, ie; without saying anything meaningful and, with no proof what so ever !! Amen come Yeshua!!
I see you have strong ties to Jewish cultural thinking and bias....

But for 99% of the people out there? The name "Jesus" connects perfectly with what God intends for man to know.

I have no idea what your ramblings are supposed to mean ???????? So what exactly is it, that you DID SAY then ? The first sign of a back flip and run away is the, " blame the other posters, trick " lol

How did Yeshua become Jesus?
So,, anyone who speaks more than one language or has done work in translating knows that names can pose a particular challenge.

Most often, when it comes to names, they are transliterated (which means the sounds of the original word are carried over as closely as possible using the letters of the new language) rather than translated (where a word in the new language that expresses the meaning of the original word is substituted). An example of transliteration would be Moshe becoming Moses, Ya’akov becoming Jacob. Yet Ya’akov has also undergone metamorphosis, becoming James in English, Santiago in Spanish, and Jacques in French!​

My dad was a first generation Jewish immigrant from Europe.
His neighborhood while he was growing up spoke Yiddish.

His best friend would call him Ya’akov.
My dad's name? Jack.

How did anyone can get James from Ya'akov I have no idea.

Here is some info....

Why is Jacob (Jack) translated as James?

Since the King James Version of the Bible, the name Jacob in the Greek New Testament has been rendered as James, as a way of sucking up to the King. This is exclusive to the English-speaking world: on the Continent, and, presumably, in pre-KJV English translations, the name 'Iακωβος is rendered as Jacob.​

I see you have strong ties to Jewish cultural thinking and bias....

But for 99% of the people out there? The name "Jesus" connects perfectly with what God intends for man to know.
lol, well that is simply YOUR supposition... I am just a simple Christian follower of The Christ.. Also, you need to note that Hebrew has NO letter J/j and also, the name " jesus " is therefore meaningless, as opposed to the name Yeshua, which means, " salvation ".. Well ? is there further need to explain those things to you ?

My dad was a first generation Jewish immigrant from Europe.
His neighborhood while he was growing up spoke Yiddish.

His best friend would call him Ya’akov.
My dad's name? Jack.

How did anyone can get James from Ya'akov I have no idea.

Here is some info....

Why is Jacob (Jack) translated as James?

Since the King James Version of the Bible, the name Jacob in the Greek New Testament has been rendered as James, as a way of sucking up to the King. This is exclusive to the English-speaking world: on the Continent, and, presumably, in pre-KJV English translations, the name 'Iακωβος is rendered as Jacob.​
I am not the one having any language problems..

Matt 1:
1 This is the genealogy of Yeshua the Messiah, son of David, son of Avraham:
2 Avraham was the father of Yitz'chak, Yitz'chak was the father of Ya`akov, Ya`akov was the father of Y'hudah and his brothers,
3 Y'hudah was the father of Peretz and Zerach (their mother was Tamar), Peretz was the father of Hetzron, Hetzron was the father of Ram,

1 Then the Spirit led Yeshua up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Adversary.
2 After Yeshua had fasted forty days and nights, he was hungry.
3 The Tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, order these stones to become bread."
4 But he answered, "The Tanakh says, `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of ADONAI'"
5 Then the Adversary took him to the holy city and set him on the highest point of the Temple.
6 "If you are the Son of God," he said, "jump! For the Tanakh says, `He will order his angels to be responsible for you. . . . They will support you with their hands, so that you will not hurt your feet on the stones.'"
7 Yeshua replied to him, "But it also says, `Do not put ADONAI your God to the test.'"

lol, well that is simply YOUR supposition... I am just a simple Christian follower of The Christ.. Also, you need to note that Hebrew has NO letter J/j and also, the name " jesus " is therefore meaningless, as opposed to the name Yeshua, which means, " salvation ".. Well ? is there further need to explain those things to you ?

What about the names Iesous, Kephas, Petros, Ioannes, and Iakobos?

Enjoy your pet doctrine..... And. Your pseudo Jewish mindset.

your pet doctrine..... And. Your pseudo Jewish mindset.
and your total BS, ( Bible Study ) lol I am NOT a Hebrew at all and not a RC either, keep speculating fella..

BTW, what on earth is a " Jewish pseudo mindset. " ????????? wow ??? I am NOT Hebrew/Jewish or what ever else you may want to BS about..

In regards to whom ? be more specific please ? He may have done that exact thing to 100s of people who are not recorded in Scriptures ? Who are those who have edited and printed Bibles for the Nations ? The RCC once forbid the common people to own aa bible let alone forbid them to read Scriptures. Also, have they listened to the dire warning, While marriage is God’s plan for most people, He has gifted some to remain single so that they can serve Him without the encumbrances that necessarily go along with marriage. When Paul says, “It is good for a man not to touch a woman” (1 Cor. 7:1), he is using the word “touch” as a figure of speech that uses the physical relationship in marriage to represent marriage as a whole. Thus, he means, “It is good to remain single.” He restates the same idea in verses 7-9, and discusses it at length in verses 25-40. He is not commanding being single, since he recognizes the single state as a gift which God only gives to some; but he is strongly commending it, since it was a gift he himself had, and since it provides a number of advantages for serving the Lord that being married precludes.

I am not the one having any language problems..

Matt 1:
1 This is the genealogy of Yeshua the Messiah, son of David, son of Avraham:
2 Avraham was the father of Yitz'chak, Yitz'chak was the father of Ya`akov, Ya`akov was the father of Y'hudah and his brothers,
3 Y'hudah was the father of Peretz and Zerach (their mother was Tamar), Peretz was the father of Hetzron, Hetzron was the father of Ram,

1 Then the Spirit led Yeshua up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Adversary.
2 After Yeshua had fasted forty days and nights, he was hungry.
3 The Tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, order these stones to become bread."
4 But he answered, "The Tanakh says, `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of ADONAI'"
5 Then the Adversary took him to the holy city and set him on the highest point of the Temple.
6 "If you are the Son of God," he said, "jump! For the Tanakh says, `He will order his angels to be responsible for you. . . . They will support you with their hands, so that you will not hurt your feet on the stones.'"
7 Yeshua replied to him, "But it also says, `Do not put ADONAI your God to the test.'"

Except that is not what the Greek text actually says. Why did you change it?

Except that is not what the Greek text actually says. Why did you change it?

Looks like he took it from the CJB version...
The Complete Jewish Bible

Its a legitimate version, and I have benefited from reading through it.
It uses language closer to the Jewish way and feel for speaking.

And, you better be careful.
You would be surprised how "Jewish" Jesus sounded in real life..
He did not sound like Shakespeare like we have been spoon fed to believe.

And, if you really understood Greek you would well know that English translations do have a problem at times.

and your total BS, ( Bible Study ) lol I am NOT a Hebrew at all and not a RC either, keep speculating fella..

BTW, what on earth is a " Jewish pseudo mindset. " ????????? wow ??? I am NOT Hebrew/Jewish or what ever else you may want to BS about..
You keep quoting Jewish renditions of the Bible.
Stop trying to sound like one then.
I am Jewish from birth.

Rossh? Is that your real name?
Sounds Jewish... What is the Translation Rosh (רֹאשׁ) from Hebrew to English?

Maybe you just did not know? :rolleyes:;)

You keep quoting Jewish renditions of the Bible.
Stop trying to sound like one then.
I am Jewish from birth.

Rossh? Is that your real name?
Sounds Jewish... What is the Translation Rosh (רֹאשׁ) from Hebrew to English?

Maybe you just did not know? :rolleyes:;)
1. **Human Anatomy:** In its most straightforward sense, “rosh” refers to the physical head of a person or any living creature. It encompasses the skull, face, and everything associated with the top part of the body.

2. **Direction:** “Rosh” can also denote the direction of the head, which often symbolizes the front or the beginning of something. For example, in Hebrew, “Rosh HaShanah” is the Jewish New Year, marking the beginning of the year. *
Amen muzzletoff

Back