Rethinking the doctrine of "hell"

the word destroyed as used in the Bible is what i was focusing on.
As far as Sodom. no. the "city" was no longer there, as a city, but pieces were left showing that destruction of the physical city was not complete, meaning that the destruction was of the concept of a city, not merely its buildings, but all the things that go on to make a place a city,
And yes when a body is utterly destroyed for instance by burning, those molecules are no longer united in a body, but they are still existing.
And the real point was about a soul in hell, and what it would mean for God to destroy a soul there. We do not have enough info given in the Bible to explain that, but we do know that people are tormented in Hell forever, or in outer darkness.

If a body and soul is destroyed it wouldn't be a body and soul anymore. Ashes can't be tormented forever.

Here's an example by Peter:

2 Peter 2
6if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction, reducing them to ashes as an example of what is coming on the ungodly;

We don't know that people are tormented in hell, or outer darkness, forever. The Bible actually says the opposite in over two dozens verses and passages I haven't even mentioned yet; the ungodly are destroyed as if by being reduced to ashes. There are no verses that say that all of the unsaved are tormented in hell forever.

"There shall be no rest day or night (forever) for those who worship the beast and it's image"

And yes that's what it means.

You added the word forever to that. I think we already discussed this point anyway.

But let’s entertain it again if you wish.

In Isaiah 34 the streams of Edom are burning forever day and night. We aren’t they burning forever day and night in the present day?

Last edited:
What's your definition of it? Maybe I am.

Universalism normally says that everyone is saved because of Jesus, but the Bible teaches that eternal life only comes through Christ. You seem to be saying that because death has been destroyed that even those in hell live forever because of Jesus. The gift of eternal life is for those whose sins are forgiven, the wages of sin is still death. Death being destroyed only applies for those who are in Christ through his gospel.

Romans 6
23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Timothy 1
10but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Its good to look at all of what scripture says about these things....and consider their meaning as before the LOrd.

Perish used 22 times in the NT
Mounce Greek Dictionary (Greek Entry)

GK G660 | S G622 ἀπόλλυμι apollymi 90x
to destroy utterly; to kill, Mt. 2:13; to bring to nought, make void, 1 Cor. 1:19; to lose, be deprived of, Mt. 10:42; to be destroyed, perish, Mt. 9:17; to be put to death, to die, Mt. 26:52; to be lost, to stray, Mt. 10:6 → destroy; lose; perish.

Matt. 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Matt. 8:25 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”

Matt. 8:32 And He said to them, “Go.” So when they had come out, they went into the herd of swine. And suddenly the whole herd of swine ran violently down the steep place into the sea, and perished in the water.

Matt. 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

Matt. 26:52 But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

Mark 4:38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?”

Luke 8:24 And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!”
Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm.
Luke 11:51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah who perished between the altar and the temple. Yes, I say to you, it shall be required of this generation.
Luke 13:3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
Luke 13:5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

Luke 13:33 Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem.

Luke 15:17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
John 3:15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 6:27 Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

John 10:28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
John 11:50 nor do you consider that it is expedient for us that one man should die for the people, and not that the whole nation should perish.”

Acts 5:37 After this man, Judas of Galilee rose up in the days of the census, and drew away many people after him. He also perished, and all who obeyed him were dispersed.
Acts 8:20 But Peter said to him, “Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money!
Acts 13:41 “Behold, you despisers, Marvel and perish! For I work a work in your days,

A work which you will by no means believe, Though one were to declare it to you.’ ”

Rom. 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law

1Cor. 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1Cor. 8:11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
1Cor. 15:18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

2Cor. 2:15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

2Cor. 4:3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,

2Cor. 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

Col. 2:22 which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men?

2Th. 2:10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Heb. 1:11 They will perish, but You remain; and they will all grow old like a garment;

Heb. 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.

James 1:11 For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits.

1Pet. 1:7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,

Pet. 2:12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption,

2Pet. 3:6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.

2Pet. 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Jude 11 Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.

Destroy used 36 times in the NT.

Thayer (Greek Entry)

2647. καταλύω; kataluō; future katalusō; 1 aorist katelusa; 1 aorist passive kateluthēn; 1 future passive 3 person singular kataluthēsetai; to dissolve, disunite (see, III. 4); a. (what has been joined together) equivalent to to destroy, demolish: lithous (A.V. throw down),

Matt. 2:13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him.”

Matt. 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

Matt. 6:19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;

Matt. 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matt. 12:14 Then the Pharisees went out and plotted against Him, how they might destroy Him.

Matt. 21:41 They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably, and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.”

Matt. 26:61 and said, “This fellow said, ‘I am able to destroy the temple of God and to build it in three days.’ ”

Matt. 27:20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas and destroy Jesus.

Matt. 27:40 and saying, “You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.”

Mark 1:24 saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are—the Holy One of God!”

Mark 3:6 Then the Pharisees went out and immediately plotted with the Herodians against Him, how they might destroy Him.

Mark 9:22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.”

Mark 11:18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it and sought how they might destroy Him; for they feared Him, because all the people were astonished at His teaching.

Mark 12:9 “Therefore what will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the vinedressers, and give the vineyard to others.

Mark 14:58 “We heard Him say, ‘I will destroy this temple made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.’ ”

Mark 15:29 And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads and saying, “Aha! You who destroy the temple and build it in three days,

Luke 4:34 saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are—the Holy One of God!”

Luke 6:9 Then Jesus said to them, “I will ask you one thing: Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy?”

Luke 9:56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village.

Luke 19:47 And He was teaching daily in the temple. But the chief priests, the scribes, and the leaders of the people sought to destroy Him,

Luke 20:16 He will come and destroy those vinedressers and give the vineyard to others.”
And when they heard it they said, “Certainly not!”

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Acts 6:14 for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us.

Rom. 14:15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died.

Rom. 14:20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense.

1Cor. 1:19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,

And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

1Cor. 3:17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

1Cor. 6:13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Gal. 1:13 For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it

Gal. 1:23 But they were hearing only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.”

2Th. 2:8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

Heb. 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

James 4:12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

1John 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Rev. 11:18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come,

And the time of the dead, that they should be judged,

And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints,

And those who fear Your name, small and great,

And should destroy those who destroy the earth.”

The word ‘Sheol’ is mentioned 65 times in the Old Testament. If you search for it in the KJV, you won’t find it at all. The actual word sheol is translated incorrectly to ‘hell’ 54 times in the KJV.

And the remaining 11 times as either grave or pit. The actual word in the original each time is ‘sheol’.

vְאוֹל (šᵉʾôl), Sheol, netherworld (H8619)

The grave where the dead know nothing.

Eccl. 9:5 (NKJVS) For the living know that they will die; But the dead know nothing, And they have no more reward, For the memory of them is forgotten.

Eccl. 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, ado it with all your might; for there is no bactivity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in cSheol where you are going.

Gen. 37:35 Then all his sons and all his daughters arose to comfort him, but he refused to be comforted. And he said, “Surely I will ago down to Sheol in mourning for my son.” So his father wept for him.

Gen. 42:38 But 1Jacob said, “My son shall not go down with you; for his abrother is dead, and he alone is left. bIf harm should befall him on the journey 2you are taking, then you will cbring my gray hair down to Sheol in sorrow.”

Gen. 44:29 ‘If you take this one also from 1me, and harm befalls him, you will abring my gray hair down to Sheol in 2sorrow.’

Gen. 44:31 when he sees that the lad is not with us, he will die. Thus your servants will abring the gray hair of your servant our father down to Sheol in sorrow.

Num. 16:30 “But aif the LORD 1brings about an entirely new thing and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that is theirs, and they bdescend alive into 2Sheol, then you will understand that these men have spurned the LORD.”

Num. 16:33 So they and all that belonged to them went down alive to 1Sheol; and the earth closed over them, and they perished from the midst of the assembly.

Deut. 32:22 aFor a fire is kindled in My anger,

And burns to the lowest part of 1Sheol,

bAnd consumes the earth with its yield,

And sets on fire the foundations of the mountains.

1Sam. 2:6 “aThe LORD kills and makes alive;

bHe brings down to 1Sheol and raises up.

2Sam. 22:6 aThe cords of 1Sheol surrounded me;

The snares of death confronted me.

1Kings 2:6 “aSo act according to your wisdom, and do not let his gray hair go down to 1Sheol in peace.

1Kings 2:9 “Now therefore, do not let him go unpunished, afor you are a wise man; and you will know what you ought to do to him, and you will bring his gray hair down to 1Sheol with blood.”

Job 7:9 “When a acloud vanishes, it is gone,
So bhe who goes down to cSheol does not come up.

Job 11:8 “They are ahigh as 1the heavens, what can you do?

Deeper than 2bSheol, what can you know?

Job 14:13 “Oh that You would hide me in 1Sheol,

That You would conceal me auntil Your wrath returns to You,

That You would set a limit for me and remember me!

Job 17:13 “If I look for aSheol as my home,

I 1make my bed in the darkness;

Job 17:16 “1Will it go down with me to Sheol?

Shall we together ago down into the dust?”

Job 21:13 “They aspend their days in prosperity,

And 1suddenly they go down to 2Sheol.

Job 24:19 “Drought and heat 1aconsume the snow waters,

So does 2bSheol those who have sinned.

Job 26:6 “Naked is 1aSheol before Him,

And 2bAbaddon has no covering.

Job 33:18 He akeeps back his soul from the pit,

And his life from 1passing over binto Sheol.

Psa. 6:5 For athere is no 1mention of You in death;

In 2Sheol who will give You thanks?

Psa. 9:17 The wicked will 1areturn to 2Sheol,

Even all the nations who bforget God

Psa. 16:10 For You awill not abandon my soul to 1Sheol;

Nor will You 2ballow Your 3Holy One to 4undergo decay.

Psa. 18:5 The acords of 1Sheol surrounded me;

The snares of death confronted me.

Psa. 30:3 O LORD, You have abrought up my soul from 1Sheol;

You have kept me alive, 2that I would not bgo down to the pit.

Psa. 31:17 Let me not be aput to shame, O LORD, for I call upon You;

Let the bwicked be put to shame, let them cbe silent in 1Sheol.

Psa. 49:14 As sheep they are appointed afor 1Sheol;

Death shall be their shepherd;

And the bupright shall rule over them in the morning,

And their form shall be for 1Sheol cto consume

2So that they have no habitation.

15 But God will aredeem my soul from the 1power of 2Sheol,

For bHe will receive me. Selah.

Psa. 55:15 Let 1death come adeceitfully upon them;

Let them bgo down alive to 2Sheol,

For evil is in their dwelling, in their midst.

Psa. 86:13 For Your lovingkindness toward me is great,

And You have adelivered my soul from the 1depths of 2Sheol

Psa. 88:3 For my asoul has 1had enough troubles,

And bmy life has drawn near to 2Sheol.

Psa. 89:48 What man can live and not asee death?

Can he bdeliver his soul from the 1power of 2Sheol? Selah.

Psa. 116:3 The acords of death encompassed me

And the 1terrors of 2Sheol 3came upon me;

I found distress and sorrow.

Psa. 139:8 aIf I ascend to heaven, You are there;

If I make my bed in 1Sheol, behold, bYou are there.

Psa. 141:7 As when one aplows and breaks open the earth,

Our bbones have been scattered at the cmouth of 1Sheol.

Prov. 1:12 Let us aswallow them alive like Sheol,

Even whole, as those who bgo down to the pit;

Prov. 5:5 Her feet ago down to death,

Her steps take hold of Sheol.

Prov. 7:27 Her ahouse is the way to Sheol,
Descending to the chambers of death.

Prov. 9:18 But he does not know that the 1dead are there,

That her guests are in the adepths of Sheol.

Prov. 15:11 1aSheol and 2Abaddon lie open before the LORD,

How much more the bhearts of 3men!
Prov. 15:24 The apath of life leads upward for the wise
That he may keep away from 1Sheol below.

Prov. 23:14 You shall 1strike him with the rod
And arescue his soul from Sheol.

Prov. 27:20 1aSheol and 2Abaddon are bnever satisfied,
Nor are the ceyes of man ever satisfied.

Prov. 30:16 1aSheol, and the bbarren womb,

Earth that is never satisfied with water,
And fire that never says, “Enough.”

Eccl. 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, ado it with all your might; for there is no bactivity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in cSheol where you are going.

Song 8:6 “Put me like a 1seal over your heart,
Like a aseal on your arm.
For love is as strong as death,
2bJealousy is as severe as Sheol;

Its flashes are flashes of fire,
3The very flame of the LORD.
Is. 5:14 Therefore aSheol has enlarged its 1throat and opened its mouth without measure;
And 2Jerusalem’s splendor, her multitude, her din of revelry and the jubilant within her, descend into it.

Is. 7:11 “Ask a asign for yourself from the LORD your God; 1make it deep as Sheol or high as 2heaven.”
Is. 14:9 “aSheol from beneath is excited over you to meet you when you come;
It arouses for you the 1spirits of the dead, all the 2leaders of the earth;

It raises all the kings of the nations from their thrones.

Is. 14:11 ‘Your apomp and the music of your harps

Have been brought down to Sheol;

Maggots are spread out as your bed beneath you
And worms are your covering.’

Is. 14:15 “Nevertheless you awill be thrust down to Sheol,

To the recesses of the pit.

Is. 28:15 Because you have said, “We have made a acovenant with death,

And with 1Sheol we have made a 2pact.

bThe overwhelming 3scourge will not reach us when it passes by,

For we have made cfalsehood our refuge and we have dconcealed ourselves with deception.”

Is. 28:18 “Your acovenant with death will be 1bcanceled,

And your pact with Sheol will not stand;

When the aoverwhelming scourge passes through,

Then you become its ctrampling place.

Is. 38:10 I said, “aIn the middle of my 1life

I am to enter the bgates of Sheol;

I am to be cdeprived of the rest of my years.”

Is. 38:18 “For aSheol cannot thank You,

Death cannot praise You;

Those who go down bto the pit cannot hope for Your faithfulness.

Is. 57:9 “You have journeyed to the king with oil

And increased your perfumes;

You have asent your envoys a great distance

And made them go down to 1Sheol.

Ezek. 31:15 ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “On the day when it went down to Sheol I acaused lamentations; I closed the 1deep over it and held back its rivers. And its many waters were stopped up, and I made Lebanon 2mourn for it, and all the trees of the field wilted away on account of it. 16 “I made the nations aquake at the sound of its fall when I made it bgo down to Sheol with those who go down to the pit; and all the 1well-watered trees of Eden, the choicest and best of cLebanon, were dcomforted in the earth beneath. 17 “They also awent down with it to Sheol to those who were bslain by the sword; and those who were its 1strength lived cunder its shade among the nations.

Ezek. 32:21 “The astrong among the mighty ones shall speak of him and his helpers from the midst of Sheol, ‘They have gone down, they lie still, the uncircumcised, slain by the sword.’

Ezek. 32:27 “aNor do they lie beside the fallen 1bheroes of the uncircumcised, who went down to Sheol with their weapons of war and whose swords were laid under their heads; but the punishment for their ciniquity rested on their bones, though the terror of these 1heroes was once in the land of the living.

Hos. 13:14 Shall I aransom them from the 1power of Sheol?

Shall I redeem them from death?

bO Death, where are your thorns?

O Sheol, where is your sting?

cCompassion will be hidden from My sight.

Amos 9:2 “Though they dig into aSheol,

From there will My hand take them;

And though they bascend to heaven,

From there will I bring them down.

Jonah 2:2 and he said,

“I acalled out of my distress to the LORD,

And He answered me.

I cried for help from the 1depth of bSheol;

You heard my voice.

Hab. 2:5 “Furthermore, awine betrays the bhaughty man,

So that he does not cstay at home.

He denlarges his appetite like Sheol,

And he is like death, never satisfied.

He also gathers to himself all nations

And collects to himself all peoples.

You added the word forever to that.

Duh. But that's what it means.

Day and night and means forever, ceaselessly, eternally.

I think we already discussed this point anyway.

You said day and night means 24 hours which is wrong. LOL..

Also you said "There are no verses that say that all of the unsaved are tormented in hell forever" but Rev 14:11 DOES say that..

Last edited:
Universalism normally says that everyone is saved because of Jesus, but the Bible teaches that eternal life only comes through Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ ALL will be made alive.

1 Tim 4:10
For to this we toil and strive, because we have hope on the living God, who is the Savior of ALL men, especially of believers.

If a body and soul is destroyed it wouldn't be a body and soul anymore. Ashes can't be tormented forever.

Here's an example by Peter:

2 Peter 2
6if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction, reducing them to ashes as an example of what is coming on the ungodly;

We don't know that people are tormented in hell, or outer darkness, forever. The Bible actually says the opposite in over two dozens verses and passages I haven't even mentioned yet; the ungodly are destroyed as if by being reduced to ashes. There are no verses that say that all of the unsaved are tormented in hell forever.
We already looked at the verse in Revelations that states unbelievers are tormented forever and ever

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ ALL will be made alive.

1 Tim 4:10
For to this we toil and strive, because we have hope on the living God, who is the Savior of ALL men, especially of believers.

There’s a context to 1 Corinthians 15:22. It doesn’t apply to all of humanity, it applies to those resurrected in Christ. This is the saving that comes through the gospel.

1 Cor. 15
1Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

1 Cor. 15:23
22For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

1 Cor. 15
42So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;

Same as with 1 Timothy.

1 Timothy 4
16Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

We already looked at the verse in Revelations that states unbelievers are tormented forever and ever

We looked at it and nothing was shown that all of the unsaved are in eternal torment. If you had been following this thread, you would have seen that Revelation or any other verse in the Bible says any such thing.

Duh. But that's what it means.

You said day and night means 24 hours which is wrong. LOL..

Also you said "There are no verses that say that all of the unsaved are tormented in hell forever" but Rev 14:11 DOES say that..

“You’re wrong” is an invalid argument. You’re adding the word “forever” where it doesn’t exist and seem to have a subjective standard for when forever is literal and when it isn’t.

There’s a context to 1 Corinthians 15:22. It doesn’t apply to all of humanity, it applies to those resurrected in Christ. This is the saving that comes through the gospel.

The context is temporal death.. which applies to all of humanity. In Adam all die.. in Christ all will be made alive.

“You’re wrong” is an invalid argument. You’re adding the word “forever” where it doesn’t exist and seem to have a subjective standard for when forever is literal and when it isn’t.

You said day and night means 24 hours which is wrong.

We looked at it and nothing was shown that all of the unsaved are in eternal torment. If you had been following this thread, you would have seen that Revelation or any other verse in the Bible says any such thing.

Rev 20:10,15
10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Rev 14:9-11
9A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

Rev 21:8
But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death.”

It says anyone whose name is not written in the book of life. Why are you changing that?
instead of "anyone" you are saying "some" or "none"? What is your position on that specific verse?

Back