Revelation

CrowCross

can you cite a verse that states specifically that spiritually dead people cannot entrust themselves to Chtist?
And I do not mean solely calvinistic logic, but specific quoted scripture
14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Sethproton

14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
You are quoting a verse that is addressed to people who are already Christian, but who are remaining childish and they need to move on to meat.
They are being taught to stop listening to flesh and listen to Soirit, Thet are not being told to get saved.

So this passage is not about faith to be saved. it is speaking of what comes after salvation

preacher4truth

You are quoting a verse that is addressed to people who are already Christian, but who are remaining childish and they need to move on to meat.
They are being taught to stop listening to flesh and listen to Soirit, Thet are not being told to get saved.

So this passage is not about faith to be saved. it is speaking of what comes after salvation
Have you ever pondered the solemn fact as to why you almost never get context and interpretation of Scripture right? I mean, that should startle you. I hope it does someday.

fltom

John kinda stuck that in the middle.
And ????

Not in my opinion but according to scripture

John 20:31 (KJV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:24-25 (KJV)
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Sethproton

What Scripture ?
What context ?

There was neither in your post as I just read the last 2 pages in this thread.

Making things up again I see. At- least once again you are being true to yourself and CONSISTENT.

No Scripture, no context, no exegesis and so on and so forth.

next
The other poster had supplied the verse and context. You must have missed that, But you can go back and see what they had said

fltom

Have you ever pondered the solemn fact as to why you almost never get context and interpretation of Scripture right? I mean, that should startle you. I hope it does someday.
You neither

CrowCross

No, not quite. The abilities of the natural un-saved man was described..."The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God".

CrowCross

And ????

Not in my opinion but according to scripture

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Why does one believe?

Go back to Ep4 2:5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our trespasses. It didn't say "given us faith in Christ even when we were dead in our trespasses".

preacher4truth

You neither

Your game of pretense that we don't know what those Scriptures mean IN CONTEXT (which you don't provide) is myopic on your part and laughable.

Leightonism teaches you to implement "pull-a-verse-ology" and take it out of context as if that isolated passage proves exegeted Scripture incorrect. You leave one passage and context you deny and don't understand to find a verse elsewhere to pit against it.

Bottom line? You rarely get interpretation correct and are on a belligerency against God and truth. Hopefully in ignorance.

Last edited:

fltom

Your game of pretense that we don't know what those Scriptures mean IN CONTEXT (which you don't provide) is myopic on your part and laughable.

Leightonism teaches you to implement "pull-a-verse-ology" and take it out of context as if that isolated passage proves exegeted Scripture incorrect. You leave one passage and context you deny and don't understand to find a verse elsewhere to pit against it.

Bottom line? You rarely get interpretation correct and are on a belligerency against God and truth. Hopefully in ignorance.
Laughable

You never address them

Actions speak louder than words

If you were capable you would

but you are not capable

so you don't

and its not scripture that is your authority so you just ignore them

fltom

Why does one believe?

Go back to Ep4 2:5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our trespasses. It didn't say "given us faith in Christ even when we were dead in our trespasses".
First you ignored this

ot in my opinion but according to scripture

then you ignored this

Ephesians 2:5-8 (KJV)
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

where we see quickening is salvation verse 5

and it is by grace through faith verse 8

that indicates one is not regenerated without first having faith

Last edited:

CrowCross

No, he was pointing out the nature of the natural man to those already Christian.

fltom

No, he was pointing out the nature of the natural man to those already Christian.
no he is pointing out the sensual man who values only worldly wisdom cannot understand spiritual truth

that it does not apply to all is apparent as

Galatians 3:14 (KJV)
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.