Revelation's "Coming" of Christ

Yodas_Prodigy

Something for my Christian friends to think about.

Revelation Chapter 1, verse 1 says, "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,"

Notice how John tells the Churches of his day that what he writes "must soon take place"?

Most Evangelical Churches will tell you that Revelation takes place 2,000+ years later... Does that make sense?

John ends Revelation with these words, '20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!'

Jesus says he is coming soon. So, we have to ask when does this happen? What does Jesus mean by "coming" in this context??

If this already happened, then Jesus had a different "coming" in mind...

Buzzard

Rev. 4:1
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven:
and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me;
which said,
Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

hereafter what ????
after this happens

Rev. 3:14
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;
These things saith the Amen,
the faithful and true witness,
the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot:
I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm,
and neither cold nor hot,
I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest,
I am rich, and increased with goods,
and have need of nothing;
and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable,
and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire,
that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment,
that thou mayest be clothed,
and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear;
and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten:
be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:
if any man hear my voice, and open the door,
I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,
even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear
what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Matt. ch.13 the parables
wheat and Tares, seperated
Bad fish thrown back; Good Fish kept
Seed of God -<vs> Seed of Satan
Children of the Wicked One <> Children of the Kingdom
ect. ect. ect

now comes what is recorded after this separation

Buzzard

Think of it this way
as John the Baptist was to prepare the way for the 1st coming
and ministry of Christ;
the things John saw in Rev are events to transpire
too prepare the Way for the 2nd Coming

"Ye shall not see me again till you say;
blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord
"

Reformedguy

Think of it this way
as John the Baptist was to prepare the way for the 1st coming
and ministry of Christ;
the things John saw in Rev are events to transpire
too prepare the Way for the 2nd Coming

"Ye shall not see me again till you say;
blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord
"
When John the Baptist was preparing the way for the first coming was it 2000 years later?

Tonyg

From Roberts word pictures on 1st Corinthians 15.23.

At his coming (εν τη παρουσια). The word παρουσια was the technical word "for the arrival or visit of the king or emperor" and can be traced from the Ptolemaic period into the second century A.D. (Deissmann, Light from the Ancient East, p. 368). "Advent-coins were struck after a parousia of the emperor."

101G

GINOLJC, to all.

the question is, WHICH Coming? in Spirit, which has already been fulfilled, (on the Day of Pentecost). or is the coming you seek is in his "apperance" at that coming.

which in the book of Hosea 6:2 that clearly tells us of his apperance in coming, "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."

well we're at the end of the second day, nearing, (2032). for the Lord Jesus has been gone for only a couple of DAYS.

PICJAG,
101G.

Tonyg

GINOLJC, to all.

the question is, WHICH Coming? in Spirit, which has already been fulfilled, (on the Day of Pentecost). or is the coming you seek is in his "apperance" at that coming.

which in the book of Hosea 6:2 that clearly tells us of his apperance in coming, "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."

well we're at the end of the second day, nearing, (2032). for the Lord Jesus has been gone for only a couple of DAYS.

PICJAG,
101G.
I've heard others mention Jose 62 as a reference to 2000 years. I don't think there's much if any support for that idea. Yes and 2nd Peter 3 which refers to a psalm Peter mentions that a day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. But the idea there is that when an event is passing it may feel like a thousand years while it is passing but after it is passed it is as a day that has gone by. That's the only correlation that can be proven from 2nd Peter 3. Equating 1,000 years as a day, in order to be consistent every time the word day appears in the Old testament we would need to substitute a thousand years for it.

I believe that Hosea 62 is rather a prophecy of the Resurrection after 2 days of Jesus being in the grave. In fact it's one of the only places that I know where his resurrection is prophesied in which the apostles mentioned in Acts chapter 3 for example though not quoting Hosea chapter 6. When the women were talking with the gardener they mentioned the idea that the prophets had foretold his resurrection and the one the two disciples were walking with Jesus on the road to Emmaus I believe they mentioned the same idea. Though don't hold me to it it's just from memory.

So Hosea 6:2 is a reference to Jesus reviving The apostles after 2 days and it was indeed on the evening of the Resurrection when he appeared to them and revived them.

101G

I've heard others mention Jose 62 as a reference to 2000 years. I don't think there's much if any support for that idea. Yes and 2nd Peter 3 which refers to a psalm Peter mentions that a day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. But the idea there is that when an event is passing it may feel like a thousand years while it is passing but after it is passed it is as a day that has gone by. That's the only correlation that can be proven from 2nd Peter 3. Equating 1,000 years as a day, in order to be consistent every time the word day appears in the Old testament we would need to substitute a thousand years for it.

I believe that Hosea 62 is rather a prophecy of the Resurrection after 2 days of Jesus being in the grave. In fact it's one of the only places that I know where his resurrection is prophesied in which the apostles mentioned in Acts chapter 3 for example though not quoting Hosea chapter 6. When the women were talking with the gardener they mentioned the idea that the prophets had foretold his resurrection and the one the two disciples were walking with Jesus on the road to Emmaus I believe they mentioned the same idea. Though don't hold me to it it's just from memory.

So Hosea 6:2 is a reference to Jesus reviving The apostles after 2 days and it was indeed on the evening of the Resurrection when he appeared to them and revived them.
thanks for the reply, but we cannot accept your assessment in that you said, "Hosea 62 is rather a prophecy of the Resurrection after 2 days of Jesus being in the grave". ERROR on your part. if you will read that verse of prophecy again, you will clearly see that it said, "US", and not him, in reference the Lord Jesus Resurrection. so on that fact, your assumption is incorrect.

PICJAG,
101G.

Tonyg

So the apostles were not revived and lifted up in spirit when they knowingly received jesus's visit on the evening of the Resurrection morning? On the contrary, they could hardly contain themselves. If you assume that Hosea 62 is talking about a bodily raising up then I can understand your interpretation, but I don't read it that way. You may if you wish. Carry on.

101G

So the apostles were not revived and lifted up in spirit when they knowingly received jesus's visit on the evening of the Resurrection morning? On the contrary, they could hardly contain themselves. If you assume that Hosea 62 is talking about a bodily raising up then I can understand your interpretation, but I don't read it that way. You may if you wish. Carry on.
first thanks for the reply, second, the Lord Jesus is the FIRST FRUIT in the Resurrection, so the apostles nor anyone else are in the first fruit, but in the General harvest to come.. now us revived is going on now, called the GOOD NEWS, or the Gospel. and we're in DAY #2. approaching day #3 soon. so unless there is other scripture that do not support this, I'll stay standing on this.

thanks again.

PICJAG, 101g..

first thanks for the reply, second, the Lord Jesus is the FIRST FRUIT in the Resurrection, so the apostles nor anyone else are in the first fruit, but in the General harvest to come.. now us revived is going on now, called the GOOD NEWS, or the Gospel. and we're in DAY #2. approaching day #3 soon. so unless there is other scripture that do not support this, I'll stay standing on this.

thanks again.

PICJAG, 101g..
Hi 101G,
What about the 144,000 (first fruits) redeemed from the earth, that stood on mount Zion with the Lamb, per Revelation 14:1-4?

BTW, I like your motto! :)

101G

Hi 101G,
What about the 144,000 (first fruits) redeemed from the earth, that stood on mount Zion with the Lamb, per Revelation 14:1-4?

BTW, I like your motto! :)
GINOLJC, to all,
First, thanks for the reply, second, the 144,000 are redeemed amoung men, God is not redeemed, but the redeemr of men. example, 1 Corinthians 16:14 "Let all your things be done with charity."
1 Corinthians 16:15 "I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)" understand now? if not let us give more detail......

Revelation 14:1 "And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads”.
The term “Look” Signify to KNOW or to UNDERSTAND, and the term “STANDING” Signify “VICTORY”, because they have gotten the victory “IN” him, Christ Jesus. The Mount here is not an actual mountain, but it Signify the church. and as before in chapter 7, these 144,000 is just the firstfruit of many to come. a small number in comparison of such as should be of the coming harvest. “having his Father's name written in their foreheads” this is their open profession of being the children and servants of God. 1 Timothy 6:12 "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses”. Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised”.

Now the revelation in detail. by standing with the Lamb, it shows their victory in him over the beast of chapter 13. For as he has overcome the world, so likewise those who follow him overcome the world. John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: (STOP, side note: that right there eliminates any rapture of the church), but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world”. let see how they did it?, Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might verse 11 "Put on the whole amour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil”. (HOLD IT, did not the 144,000 “followed” the Lamb? Yes, if they put on the amour of God, question, “do God have amour?”, Let’s see, Isaiah 59:17 "For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke”, THAT”S GOD. Without his, (GOD), righteousness/breastplate, and without his, (GOD), salvation/helmet we cannot stand. .….. Ephesians 6:13 "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (NOTICE THE TERM “DAY”, or “EVIL DAY”. this is not a 24hr. Day period, but an age period). Verse 14 "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; verse 15 "And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; verse 16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Verse 17 "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: verse 18 "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints”. KEEP THIS IMAGERY IN YOUR MIND BECAUSE WE’LL SEE IT LATER ON.

This is why, and this explain the “STANDING” on mount Zion, “STANDING” Signify “VICTORY” because the Holy Ghost, God himself, was in them as well as in us today. This is the guarantee the promise of victory. When we put on christ you’re putting on the whole armour of God, his helmet, his breastplate, his shoes, his sword, his shield, so we can “stand” with him in VICTORY.

Now, “the Name of the Father in their heads”, two verse needed, Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: verse 20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen”. and that’s only one NAME, and not NAME(S). in English “JESUS”, Hebrew, “YESHUA”. Supportive scripture, Zechariah 14:9 "And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one”. again Matthews 28:19. by being “SEALED”, it also shows ownership. Because in Ancient times the authenticating agent name usually appear on the seal. So the authenticating agent name is synonymous with the seal, or an inscriptions to signify who the authenticating agent, or Power is. In this case it the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, JESUS. Scripture, Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name". the term used, "my God "is him, "my" possession shows OWNERSHIP, my God is me. when Jesus say "MY" Father he's saying MY "Spirit". and when he says "MY" Son, he's saying MY BODY.

Another Revelation: in Matthews 28 and 20, did one notice something there. Listen, “verse 20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen” did one notice the term “ALWAY”, and not ALWAY(S), with the “s” at the end. Alway, it signify never to Leave you. Someone may say I’ll be with you always, meaning only in time of need, but here it means “Daily, all (manner of, means), not just when one is in need but 24/7, WHY? Because he will be in us. "I will dwell in them".

Conclusion on verse 1. now we know why the 144,000 “follow” the Lamb. Following Christ, "God", is a christian indeed, an “OVERCOMER”. as the Holy Ghost spoke through the apostle Paul, “be ye followers of me as I am follower of the Lord Jesus”. christian for sure. and we KNOW why they are "STANDING", "Victory".

hope this help,

again thanks for the question, and be blessed.
PICJAG, 101G.

GINOLJC, to all,
First, thanks for the reply, second, the 144,000 are redeemed amoung men, God is not redeemed, but the redeemr of men. example, 1 Corinthians 16:14 "Let all your things be done with charity."
1 Corinthians 16:15 "I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)" understand now? if not let us give more detail......

Revelation 14:1 "And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads”.
The term “Look” Signify to KNOW or to UNDERSTAND, and the term “STANDING” Signify “VICTORY”, because they have gotten the victory “IN” him, Christ Jesus. The Mount here is not an actual mountain, but it Signify the church. and as before in chapter 7, these 144,000 is just the firstfruit of many to come. a small number in comparison of such as should be of the coming harvest. “having his Father's name written in their foreheads” this is their open profession of being the children and servants of God. 1 Timothy 6:12 "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses”. Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised”.

Now the revelation in detail. by standing with the Lamb, it shows their victory in him over the beast of chapter 13. For as he has overcome the world, so likewise those who follow him overcome the world. John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: (STOP, side note: that right there eliminates any rapture of the church), but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world”. let see how they did it?, Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might verse 11 "Put on the whole amour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil”. (HOLD IT, did not the 144,000 “followed” the Lamb? Yes, if they put on the amour of God, question, “do God have amour?”, Let’s see, Isaiah 59:17 "For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke”, THAT”S GOD. Without his, (GOD), righteousness/breastplate, and without his, (GOD), salvation/helmet we cannot stand. .….. Ephesians 6:13 "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (NOTICE THE TERM “DAY”, or “EVIL DAY”. this is not a 24hr. Day period, but an age period). Verse 14 "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; verse 15 "And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; verse 16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Verse 17 "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: verse 18 "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints”. KEEP THIS IMAGERY IN YOUR MIND BECAUSE WE’LL SEE IT LATER ON.

This is why, and this explain the “STANDING” on mount Zion, “STANDING” Signify “VICTORY” because the Holy Ghost, God himself, was in them as well as in us today. This is the guarantee the promise of victory. When we put on christ you’re putting on the whole armour of God, his helmet, his breastplate, his shoes, his sword, his shield, so we can “stand” with him in VICTORY.

Now, “the Name of the Father in their heads”, two verse needed, Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: verse 20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen”. and that’s only one NAME, and not NAME(S). in English “JESUS”, Hebrew, “YESHUA”. Supportive scripture, Zechariah 14:9 "And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one”. again Matthews 28:19. by being “SEALED”, it also shows ownership. Because in Ancient times the authenticating agent name usually appear on the seal. So the authenticating agent name is synonymous with the seal, or an inscriptions to signify who the authenticating agent, or Power is. In this case it the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, JESUS. Scripture, Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name". the term used, "my God "is him, "my" possession shows OWNERSHIP, my God is me. when Jesus say "MY" Father he's saying MY "Spirit". and when he says "MY" Son, he's saying MY BODY.

Another Revelation: in Matthews 28 and 20, did one notice something there. Listen, “verse 20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen” did one notice the term “ALWAY”, and not ALWAY(S), with the “s” at the end. Alway, it signify never to Leave you. Someone may say I’ll be with you always, meaning only in time of need, but here it means “Daily, all (manner of, means), not just when one is in need but 24/7, WHY? Because he will be in us. "I will dwell in them".

Conclusion on verse 1. now we know why the 144,000 “follow” the Lamb. Following Christ, "God", is a christian indeed, an “OVERCOMER”. as the Holy Ghost spoke through the apostle Paul, “be ye followers of me as I am follower of the Lord Jesus”. christian for sure. and we KNOW why they are "STANDING", "Victory".

hope this help,

again thanks for the question, and be blessed.
PICJAG, 101G.
101G,

I agree with the scriptures you posted.

However, in your prior post, you said, "The Lord is the first fruit in the resurrection, so the apostles nor anyone else are in the first fruits, but the General Harvest/Resurrection."

I beg to differ, Revelation 14:4 clearly show... "men/virgins redeemed from among men, being "first fruits" unto God and to the Lamb" ... BEFORE the General Harvest/Resurrection!

I can't be dogmatic, but it appears to me the 144,000 men redeemed from the earth, may have been the first converts to Christianity which would certainly include the apostles...

James 1:1 JAMES, a servant of God and the Lord Jesus Christ, to "the twelve tribes" which are scattered abroad, greeting.

1:18 Of His own will begat us with the word of truth, that WE should be a kind of "first fruits" of his creatures.

James, thought he and the twelve tribes were among... a kind of "first fruits." :)

Last edited:

101G

101G,

I agree with the scriptures you posted.

However, in your prior post, you said, "The Lord is the first fruit in the resurrection, so the apostles nor anyone else are in the first fruits, but the General Harvest/Resurrection."

I beg to differ, Revelation 14:4 clearly show... "men/virgins redeemed from among men, being "first fruits" unto God and to the Lamb" ... BEFORE the General Harvest/Resurrection!

I can't be dogmatic, but it appears to me the 144,000 men redeemed from the earth, may have been the first converts to Christianity which would certainly include the apostles...

James 1:1 JAMES, a servant of God and the Lord Jesus Christ, to "the twelve tribes" which are scattered abroad, greeting.

1:18 Of His own will begat us with the word of truth, that WE should be a kind of "first fruits" of his creatures.

James, thought he and the twelve tribes were among... a kind of "first fruits." :)
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply, second,, you said, "men/virgins redeemed from among men, being "first fruits" unto God and to the Lamb". ok, lets understand what is being said, you answered it in the book of James that you posted, 1:18 Of His own will begat us with the word of truth, that WE should be a kind of "first fruits" of his creatures. there's the answer, listen, Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." see as James said, "should be a kind of "first fruits", not a First Fruit in the Havest, but a KIND, KIND of First fruit of,l of, of, his, his, creation. again read Ephesians 2:10. one more, 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." become is to be the "First" in this new spiritual LIFE, not in the RESURRECTION that is to come... the "Harvest", understand we're RENEW IN SPIRIT, but not in Body, that when the Lord Jesus returns. see he has a NEW BODY bthat he the Spirit dwells in. we have yet to attain our NEW BODIES, which will occure in the GENERAL HAVEST", got it now?

first fruit in this world is created in Christ Jesus , (Spiritually), and in the General resurrection, the HAVEST, (our New Bodies). see the Lord Jesus alread have his NEW BODY, we as of yet ... not.

so the First fruit is in bodly resurrection ,supportive scriptive, 1 Corinthians 15:20 "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept." now has anyone one as to day, resurrected from the DEAD beside the Lord Jesus? .... no, no one.

so we have to zero in on what First Fruit we're speaking of.

Hope this Helps.

GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply, second,, you said, "men/virgins redeemed from among men, being "first fruits" unto God and to the Lamb". ok, lets understand what is being said, you answered it in the book of James that you posted, 1:18 Of His own will begat us with the word of truth, that WE should be a kind of "first fruits" of his creatures. there's the answer, listen, Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." see as James said, "should be a kind of "first fruits", not a First Fruit in the Havest, but a KIND, KIND of First fruit of,l of, of, his, his, creation. again read Ephesians 2:10. one more, 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." become is to be the "First" in this new spiritual LIFE, not in the RESURRECTION that is to come... the "Harvest", understand we're RENEW IN SPIRIT, but not in Body, that when the Lord Jesus returns. see he has a NEW BODY bthat he the Spirit dwells in. we have yet to attain our NEW BODIES, which will occure in the GENERAL HAVEST", got it now?

first fruit in this world is created in Christ Jesus , (Spiritually), and in the General resurrection, the HAVEST, (our New Bodies). see the Lord Jesus alread have his NEW BODY, we as of yet ... not.

so the First fruit is in bodly resurrection ,supportive scriptive, 1 Corinthians 15:20 "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept." now has anyone one as to day, resurrected from the DEAD beside the Lord Jesus? .... no, no one.

so we have to zero in on what First Fruit we're speaking of.

Hope this Helps.
101G,

Thanks, for your responses! I enjoyed the polite discussion, but we will have to agree to disagree on Jesus being the "only" first fruits until the General Resurrection/Harvest.

Blessings be with you,

101G

101G,

Thanks, for your responses! I enjoyed the polite discussion, but we will have to agree to disagree on Jesus being the "only" first fruits until the General Resurrection/Harvest.

Blessings be with you,
Agreed, thanks the Lord Jesus in both opf us for the polite discussion. but understand this, "agree to disagree", is a deception of the evil one. for if both parties agree to disagree, then you have division, and still in disagreement. for, God, by his prophet Amos 3:3 is clear, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?". so I don't into that statement.

now one last pitch, who has resurrected since the Lord Jesus? book chapter and verse please.

thanks in advance,

PICJAG, 101G.

Agreed, thanks the Lord Jesus in both opf us for the polite discussion. but understand this, "agree to disagree", is a deception of the evil one. for if both parties agree to disagree, then you have division, and still in disagreement. for, God, by his prophet Amos 3:3 is clear, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?". so I don't into that statement.

now one last pitch, who has resurrected since the Lord Jesus? book chapter and verse please.

thanks in advance,

PICJAG, 101G.
101G,

The General Resurrection, Jo. 5:28,29; 1 Th. 4:16; 1 Cor. 15:52; Rev. 20:5,6; Dan.12:2,3.

Agree or disagree?

101G

101G,

The General Resurrection, Jo. 5:28,29; 1 Th. 4:16; 1 Cor. 15:52; Rev. 20:5,6; Dan.12:2,3.

Agree or disagree?
Agree, and you can add these also, and there are many More,

those who are not asleep, but are alive at his coming,
Matthew 24:31 "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

1 Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed," 1 Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep." and the verses you gave, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

every "eye", is alive or dead, ... resurrected.

YOU ARE ON POINT.

PICJAG, 101G.

robycop3

Something for my Christian friends to think about.

Revelation Chapter 1, verse 1 says, "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,"

Notice how John tells the Churches of his day that what he writes "must soon take place"?

Most Evangelical Churches will tell you that Revelation takes place 2,000+ years later... Does that make sense?

John ends Revelation with these words, '20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!'

Jesus says he is coming soon. So, we have to ask when does this happen? What does Jesus mean by "coming" in this context??

If this already happened, then Jesus had a different "coming" in mind...
one big prob-THOSE THINGS HAVE NOT YET OCCURRED !

Agree, and you can add these also, and there are many More,

those who are not asleep, but are alive at his coming,
Matthew 24:31 "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

1 Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed," 1 Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep." and the verses you gave, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

every "eye", is alive or dead, ... resurrected.

YOU ARE ON POINT.

PICJAG, 101G.
Thanks, glad we agree!

Have a blessed day! :)