Revelation's "Coming" of Christ

Yodas_Prodigy

Something for my Christian friends to think about.

Revelation Chapter 1, verse 1 says, "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,"

Notice how John tells the Churches of his day that what he writes "must soon take place"?

Most Evangelical Churches will tell you that Revelation takes place 2,000+ years later... Does that make sense?

John ends Revelation with these words, '20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!'

Jesus says he is coming soon. So, we have to ask when does this happen? What does Jesus mean by "coming" in this context??

If this already happened, then Jesus had a different "coming" in mind...

Reactions: Joe

Buzzard

Rev. 4:1
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven:
and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me;
which said,
Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

hereafter what ????
after this happens

Rev. 3:14
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;
These things saith the Amen,
the faithful and true witness,
the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot:
I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm,
and neither cold nor hot,
I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest,
I am rich, and increased with goods,
and have need of nothing;
and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable,
and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire,
that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment,
that thou mayest be clothed,
and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear;
and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten:
be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:
if any man hear my voice, and open the door,
I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,
even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear
what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Matt. ch.13 the parables
wheat and Tares, seperated
Bad fish thrown back; Good Fish kept
Seed of God -<vs> Seed of Satan
Children of the Wicked One <> Children of the Kingdom
ect. ect. ect

now comes what is recorded after this separation

Buzzard

Think of it this way
as John the Baptist was to prepare the way for the 1st coming
and ministry of Christ;
the things John saw in Rev are events to transpire
too prepare the Way for the 2nd Coming

"Ye shall not see me again till you say;
blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord
"

Reformedguy

Think of it this way
as John the Baptist was to prepare the way for the 1st coming
and ministry of Christ;
the things John saw in Rev are events to transpire
too prepare the Way for the 2nd Coming

"Ye shall not see me again till you say;
blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord
"
When John the Baptist was preparing the way for the first coming was it 2000 years later?

Tonyg

From Roberts word pictures on 1st Corinthians 15.23.

At his coming (εν τη παρουσια). The word παρουσια was the technical word "for the arrival or visit of the king or emperor" and can be traced from the Ptolemaic period into the second century A.D. (Deissmann, Light from the Ancient East, p. 368). "Advent-coins were struck after a parousia of the emperor."

101G

GINOLJC, to all.

the question is, WHICH Coming? in Spirit, which has already been fulfilled, (on the Day of Pentecost). or is the coming you seek is in his "apperance" at that coming.

which in the book of Hosea 6:2 that clearly tells us of his apperance in coming, "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."

well we're at the end of the second day, nearing, (2032). for the Lord Jesus has been gone for only a couple of DAYS.

PICJAG,
101G.

Tonyg

GINOLJC, to all.

the question is, WHICH Coming? in Spirit, which has already been fulfilled, (on the Day of Pentecost). or is the coming you seek is in his "apperance" at that coming.

which in the book of Hosea 6:2 that clearly tells us of his apperance in coming, "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."

well we're at the end of the second day, nearing, (2032). for the Lord Jesus has been gone for only a couple of DAYS.

PICJAG,
101G.
I've heard others mention Jose 62 as a reference to 2000 years. I don't think there's much if any support for that idea. Yes and 2nd Peter 3 which refers to a psalm Peter mentions that a day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. But the idea there is that when an event is passing it may feel like a thousand years while it is passing but after it is passed it is as a day that has gone by. That's the only correlation that can be proven from 2nd Peter 3. Equating 1,000 years as a day, in order to be consistent every time the word day appears in the Old testament we would need to substitute a thousand years for it.

I believe that Hosea 62 is rather a prophecy of the Resurrection after 2 days of Jesus being in the grave. In fact it's one of the only places that I know where his resurrection is prophesied in which the apostles mentioned in Acts chapter 3 for example though not quoting Hosea chapter 6. When the women were talking with the gardener they mentioned the idea that the prophets had foretold his resurrection and the one the two disciples were walking with Jesus on the road to Emmaus I believe they mentioned the same idea. Though don't hold me to it it's just from memory.

So Hosea 6:2 is a reference to Jesus reviving The apostles after 2 days and it was indeed on the evening of the Resurrection when he appeared to them and revived them.

101G

I've heard others mention Jose 62 as a reference to 2000 years. I don't think there's much if any support for that idea. Yes and 2nd Peter 3 which refers to a psalm Peter mentions that a day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. But the idea there is that when an event is passing it may feel like a thousand years while it is passing but after it is passed it is as a day that has gone by. That's the only correlation that can be proven from 2nd Peter 3. Equating 1,000 years as a day, in order to be consistent every time the word day appears in the Old testament we would need to substitute a thousand years for it.

I believe that Hosea 62 is rather a prophecy of the Resurrection after 2 days of Jesus being in the grave. In fact it's one of the only places that I know where his resurrection is prophesied in which the apostles mentioned in Acts chapter 3 for example though not quoting Hosea chapter 6. When the women were talking with the gardener they mentioned the idea that the prophets had foretold his resurrection and the one the two disciples were walking with Jesus on the road to Emmaus I believe they mentioned the same idea. Though don't hold me to it it's just from memory.

So Hosea 6:2 is a reference to Jesus reviving The apostles after 2 days and it was indeed on the evening of the Resurrection when he appeared to them and revived them.
thanks for the reply, but we cannot accept your assessment in that you said, "Hosea 62 is rather a prophecy of the Resurrection after 2 days of Jesus being in the grave". ERROR on your part. if you will read that verse of prophecy again, you will clearly see that it said, "US", and not him, in reference the Lord Jesus Resurrection. so on that fact, your assumption is incorrect.

PICJAG,
101G.

Tonyg

So the apostles were not revived and lifted up in spirit when they knowingly received jesus's visit on the evening of the Resurrection morning? On the contrary, they could hardly contain themselves. If you assume that Hosea 62 is talking about a bodily raising up then I can understand your interpretation, but I don't read it that way. You may if you wish. Carry on.

101G

So the apostles were not revived and lifted up in spirit when they knowingly received jesus's visit on the evening of the Resurrection morning? On the contrary, they could hardly contain themselves. If you assume that Hosea 62 is talking about a bodily raising up then I can understand your interpretation, but I don't read it that way. You may if you wish. Carry on.
first thanks for the reply, second, the Lord Jesus is the FIRST FRUIT in the Resurrection, so the apostles nor anyone else are in the first fruit, but in the General harvest to come.. now us revived is going on now, called the GOOD NEWS, or the Gospel. and we're in DAY #2. approaching day #3 soon. so unless there is other scripture that do not support this, I'll stay standing on this.

thanks again.

PICJAG, 101g..