Revelation's "Coming" of Christ

robycop3

The Siege of Jerusalem, and the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple AD70, is biblical and historical proof - Those Things "Have" OCCURRED! :)
But they're not part of the eschatological prophecies. And the rev was given after J & the temple were destroyed.

But they're not part of the eschatological prophecies. And the rev was given after J & the temple were destroyed.
They are part of the eschatological prophecies, Daniel 9:27; 12:1,2; Luke 21:5-24; Revelation 1:1-22:21.

Revelation 17:10 is biblical proof the book of Revelation was written during the reign of Nero (54-68 AD).

robycop3

They are part of the eschatological prophecies, Daniel 9:27; 12:1,2; Luke 21:5-24; Revelation 1:1-22:21.

Revelation 17:10 is biblical proof the book of Revelation was written during the reign of Nero (54-68 AD).
No, it's not. The 5 kings(kingdoms) that were before Rome were: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, & Greece. All those are kingdoms that ruled the Israelis. Rome ruled the Jews at the time the Rev was given, and the Holy Roman Empire became the 7th. The 8th will be made from the nations & peoples of the old Roman & HR empires.

No, it's not. The 5 kings(kingdoms) that were before Rome were: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, & Greece. All those are kingdoms that ruled the Israelis. Rome ruled the Jews at the time the Rev was given, and the Holy Roman Empire became the 7th. The 8th will be made from the nations & peoples of the old Roman & HR empires.
Yes, it is! I agree Rome ruled when John wrote the Revelation. Thus, Rome was the fourth kingdom during John's writing the Revelation, and the reign of the 6th king, Nero (54-68AD). The 5 kings (kingdoms) you mentioned before Rome, is of no significance because they preceded the Roman king (kingdoms) of Revelation 17:10. :)

robycop3

Yes, it is! I agree Rome ruled when John wrote the Revelation. Thus, Rome was the fourth kingdom during John's writing the Revelation, and the reign of the 6th king, Nero (54-68AD). The 5 kings (kingdoms) you mentioned before Rome, is of no significance because they preceded the Roman king (kingdoms) of Revelation 17:10. :)
NEWP! The "kings" are KINGDOMS, & there were many more Roman rulers than just 2 more after Nero.

You may look throughout the Bible & note that "king" is used for "kingdom" on several occasions, not just here. You can see them in Abraham's battles, & Danirl's prophecies, as well as here.

And while I readily acknowledge the destruction of J & the temple in 70 AD, they were NOT part of the eschatological events. "Eschatology" means the study of the END-TIME events, & the destructions mentioned above were NOT part of those.

NEWP! The "kings" are KINGDOMS, & there were many more Roman rulers than just 2 more after Nero.

You may look throughout the Bible & note that "king" is used for "kingdom" on several occasions, not just here. You can see them in Abraham's battles, & Danirl's prophecies, as well as here.

And while I readily acknowledge the destruction of J & the temple in 70 AD, they were NOT part of the eschatological events. "Eschatology" means the study of the END-TIME events, & the destructions mentioned above were NOT part of those.
I don't disagree there were many more Roman rulers than just two more after Nero, but this is about the "one" reigning when John wrote the Revelation:

Revelation 17:10 And there ARE "Seven" kings: Five are fallen, and "One IS), and the other is not yet come; and when he come, he must continue a short space.

The "One IS" (sixth) king was reigning at the time John was writing the Revelation!
The order and reign of the "Seven" Kings:

1. Julius Caesar --------------------(27BC-68AD)
2. Augustus ------------------------(27BC-14AD)
3. Tiberius --------------------------(14-37AD)
4. Gaius Germanicus (Caligula)-----(37-41AD)
5. Claudius--------------------------(41-54AD)
6. Nero------------------------------(54-68 AD) was the "One IS" (Sixth king).
(And the other not yet come; and when he come, he must continue a short space, was)...
7. Galba------------------------------(68-69AD), reigned a short space, June 68-Jan. 69CE

Last edited:

robycop3

I don't disagree there were many more Roman rulers than just two more after Nero, but this is about the "one" reigning when John wrote the Revelation:

Revelation 17:10 And there ARE "Seven" kings: Five are fallen, and "One IS), and the other is not yet come; and when he come, he must continue a short space.

The "One IS" (sixth) king was reigning at the time John was writing the Revelation!
The order and reign of the "Seven" Kings:

1. Julius Caesar --------------------(27BC-68AD)
2. Augustus ------------------------(27BC-14AD)
3. Tiberius --------------------------(14-37AD)
4. Gaius Germanicus (Caligula)-----(37-41AD)
5. Claudius--------------------------(41-54AD)
6. Nero------------------------------(54-68 AD) was the "One IS" (Sixth king).
(And the other not yet come; and when he come, he must continue a short space, was)...
7. Galba------------------------------(68-69AD), reigned a short space, June 68-Jan. 69CE
NEWP!

Rome was founded in 753 BC, & had quite a few rulers before JC. And, as I told you, "king" often referred to "kingdom" in Scripture, almost always, if a specific king wasn't named. For example, Ched-or-laomer & several "kings" came against Abraham. Of course, just those kings & Abe didn't duke it out; their armies came with them.

You may read throughout Joshua & Judges to see many more such examples.

Once more, your attempt fails. You should say, "Curses! Foiled again!"

NEWP!

Rome was founded in 753 BC, & had quite a few rulers before JC. And, as I told you, "king" often referred to "kingdom" in Scripture, almost always, if a specific king wasn't named. For example, Ched-or-laomer & several "kings" came against Abraham. Of course, just those kings & Abe didn't duke it out; their armies came with them.

You may read throughout Joshua & Judges to see many more such examples.

Once more, your attempt fails. You should say, "Curses! Foiled again!"
Revelation 17:10 is internal scriptural proof that unquestionably pinpoints the "time" John wrote the Revelation.
You seem totally indifferent to what John and the word of God says. Is it, because it irrefutably proves that it was assuredly written "before" 70AD? It's very difficult to communicate with someone that seem to have no interest in what the scriptures say...however, I enjoyed the cordial exchange!
Blessings :)

Last edited:

robycop3

Revelation 17:10 is internal scriptural proof that unquestionably pinpoints the "time" John wrote the Revelation.
You seem totally indifferent to what John and the word of God says. Is it, because it irrefutably proves that it was assuredly written "before" 70AD? It's very difficult to communicate with someone that seem to have no interest in what the scriptures say...however, I enjoyed the cordial exchange!
Blessings :)
And I pointed out why that verse refers to "kingdoms". History proves Rome was NOT limited to 7 "kings". remember, in those days, a "king" could refer to any top ruler, be it a PM, general, etc, royalty or not. Remember, the last kings of Israel were junta leaders who called themselves kings.

And again, the 7 kingdoms that verse refers to were all rulers of all Israel, or just the Jews after the 10 tribes were carried off. While Judah is independent now, they'll be ruled by the beast's kingdom, which will be the 8th from that verse. And most evidence from most sources points to the Rev being given during Domitian's reign, in the 90s.

And I pointed out why that verse refers to "kingdoms". History proves Rome was NOT limited to 7 "kings". remember, in those days, a "king" could refer to any top ruler, be it a PM, general, etc, royalty or not. Remember, the last kings of Israel were junta leaders who called themselves kings.

And again, the 7 kingdoms that verse refers to were all rulers of all Israel, or just the Jews after the 10 tribes were carried off. While Judah is independent now, they'll be ruled by the beast's kingdom, which will be the 8th from that verse. And most evidence from most sources points to the Rev being given during Domitian's reign, in the 90s.
Revelation 17:10 refers to "kings" [G# 935], not kingdoms (G#932]!
You said... "History proves Rome was not limited to 7 'kings' and, a 'king' could refer to any top ruler."

I am not disagreeing with that, but at the same time you seem to be acknowledging Revelation 17:10 is about "kings" in that statement.
I listed the 'historical' order of the kings of Rome that listed Nero as number six (6), if you have a different 'historical' order of the kings of Rome, please post it. :)