Roasted veggies anyone?

Fried, stewed vegetables are delicious. I love grilled zucchini and eggplant. I generally keep quiet about tomatoes - I can eat them in any form.

Bonnie

Fried, stewed vegetables are delicious. I love grilled zucchini and eggplant. I generally keep quiet about tomatoes - I can eat them in any form.
Grilled veggies are great. I like to stir- fry zucchini chunks marinated in Italian dressing, but do it on the grill, using a square metal pan with a porcelain coating sprayed with Pam. They come out great!

Kerwyn

I finally got around to making the salt-vinegar smashed potatoes. Definitely a winner (if you like the chip flavor). My wife really liked them even though she's not a huge fan of the chips; she only likes 1 particular brand. I guess it's kind of cheating though because you have to boil the 'toes for 15 min before roasting in water & vinegar to infuse the flavor.

I used the Food Network recipe. Google "salt-vinegar smashed potatoes" and I think it's the first or second hit.

Bonnie

I finally got around to making the salt-vinegar smashed potatoes. Definitely a winner (if you like the chip flavor). My wife really liked them even though she's not a huge fan of the chips; she only likes 1 particular brand. I guess it's kind of cheating though because you have to boil the 'toes for 15 min before roasting in water & vinegar to infuse the flavor.

I used the Food Network recipe. Google "salt-vinegar smashed potatoes" and I think it's the first or second hit.
i love that flavor potato chip, but my husband does NOT.

Kerwyn

i love that flavor potato chip, but my husband does NOT.
The potatoes did not have that strong of a vinegar flavor, which is why my wife probably like them. I suppose you could tone down the vinegar in the boil stage if it's still too much. If you like the chips, then it's definitely worth a try I'd say.

Whateverman

I PM'ed this to @balshan a while ago, but forgot to post it here. It contains some roasted vegetables (and some fresh), and it's a bit of a PITA to make - but it's a real crowd pleaser. Looks fantastic on the plate:

balshan

I PM'ed this to @balshan a while ago, but forgot to post it here. It contains some roasted vegetables (and some fresh), and it's a bit of a PITA to make - but it's a real crowd pleaser. Looks fantastic on the plate:

I make it but my husband does not eat egg plant and I cannot eat garlic. So we change the vegetables and I do not do the torte shape. But it vegetables are tasty.