Robert E Lee statue removed from Monument Avenue in Richmond VA

No I am the one who has said I wouldnt put statues up of anyone. Please read my posts and dont ask about doing what I have told you I wouldnt do.
And I asked you the question who has lead an exemplary life that you suggested because I would say there isnt anyone.
You are right that there is no such thing as a person who has never hurt someone else or done something shameful.

However, there are plenty of people whose heroic actions are deserving of honor.

You are right that there is no such thing as a person who has never hurt someone else or done something shameful.

However, there are plenty of people whose heroic actions are deserving of honor.
Yes I was right, I suggested not putting up statues.
So give me an example of an exemplary person then and why isn't the action of Johnston heroic? Same question, why would you not want to celebrate forgiveness and reconciliation?

Well you had to click on it to see the writer, so....

I don't need to. They are there for anyone with working eyes to read. It says a lot that you can do nothing but ad hominid attacks instead of addressing the article.

Yet you and your fellow liberals are the only ones who seem to be able to hear these dog whistles. Funny that.
No I did not have to click on anything. Letting my cursor hover over the link identifies it at the bottom of my screen.

You seem unaware of the definition of ad hominem which means rejecting an argument by citing an unrelated personal attribute, like being fat or Jewish. Rejecting a source by pointing out flaws in expertise or relevant bad behavior is not ad hominem.

As Lee Atwater laid it out, the dog whistles are designed as signals to like minded people who know they cannot openly use certain terms.

Yes I was right, I suggested not putting up statues.
So give me an example of an exemplary person then and why isn't the action of Johnston heroic? Same question, why would you not want to celebrate forgiveness and reconciliation?
Taking off your hat at a funeral is not a heroic act. That he got sick and died as a consequence was certainly not an obvious risk.

A single minor act of removing a hat at a funeral does not cancel the fact that he led an army against the USA in an effort to preserve slavery.

As presented by the RW, voter ID seems like a logical and straightforward thing to do. Until you check the details, which few people bother to do. Like the data I presented showing the dramatic difference in white vs black people with drivers' licenses.
Oh, so you're saying the majority of black people are too stupid to 'check the details'? Details that they, themselves, would be living through, growing up with, etc., if what you claim is true? That's what you're going with?

No I did not have to click on anything. Letting my cursor hover over the link identifies it at the bottom of my screen.
Hovering over it does not provide the author's name.
You seem unaware of the definition of ad hominem which means rejecting an argument by citing an unrelated personal attribute, like being fat or Jewish. Rejecting a source by pointing out flaws in expertise or relevant bad behavior is not ad hominem.
Which is what you are doing. And sorry but yes, the latter is ad hominem as well.
As Lee Atwater laid it out, the dog whistles are designed as signals to like minded people who know they cannot openly use certain terms.
And as you and your fellow liberals are the only ones who seem to hear them, it looks like you're the racists they were designed for....

Then lay it out. I come here for discussion, not to read articles that are cited by posters who refuse to provide any concrete reason to do so.
It was laid out. You refuse to read it. I can lead the libtard to water - I cannot force it to drink.

Oh, so you're saying the majority of black people are too stupid to 'check the details'? Details that they, themselves, would be living through, growing up with, etc., if what you claim is true? That's what you're going with?
The general population, white and black, do not bother to check the details. At best they see headlines and maybe 5 min of news at the top of the hour. Or they get their news from Fox or Gateway Pundit or Facebook, etc.

An example - Women have been showing up at Texas abortion clinics completely unaware that abortions are now banned in Texas.

Hovering over it does not provide the author's name.

Which is what you are doing. And sorry but yes, the latter is ad hominem as well.

And as you and your fellow liberals are the only ones who seem to hear them, it looks like you're the racists they were designed for....
In this case it did. I learned the hard way not to click on website links on this forum, so I check them all.

There are clearly fallacious accusations of ad hominem attacks. D'Souza is a discredited, dishonest felon, and I see no reason to give him clicks.

I find it revealing that you refuse to begin a discussion of the arguments in his article that you find so compelling.

Lee Atwater, Republican strategist, championed the concept of dog whistles, to make sure that racists got the message without using words that had become unacceptable. That you claim to not recognize those words does not invalidate the tactic.

The general population, white and black, do not bother to check the details.
edit
At best they see headlines and maybe 5 min of news at the top of the hour. Or they get their news from Fox or Gateway Pundit or Facebook, etc.
See above.
An example - Women have been showing up at Texas abortion clinics completely unaware that abortions are now banned in Texas.
And this has what, exactly, to the majority of black people apparently being too stupid (according to crazy white woman from DC) to know what is going on in their own personal lives?

edit

Last edited by a moderator:
It was laid out. You refuse to read it. I can lead the libtard to water - I cannot force it to drink.
You laid out nothing. You provided a link and did not initiate any discussion by bringing up the points in that link. There is therefore nothing to discuss.

In this case it did.
No, it literally does not. I hovered over it myself. It provides no author name.
I learned the hard way not to click on website links on this forum, so I check them all.
See above.
There are clearly fallacious accusations of ad hominem attacks. D'Souza is a discredited, dishonest felon, and I see no reason to give him clicks.
You cannot refute what he says so you resort to this.
I find it revealing that you refuse to begin a discussion of the arguments in his article that you find so compelling.
I find it revealing that you still continue to be unable to show anything he got incorrect.
Lee Atwater, Republican strategist, championed the concept of dog whistles, to make sure that racists got the message without using words that had become unacceptable. That you claim to not recognize those words does not invalidate the tactic.
You and your fellow liberals are the only ones that recognize the words that you claim are racist dog whistles. That tells me you're the dog.

So black people are stupid, according to old white lady from DC. Gotcha.

See above.

And this has what, exactly, to the majority of black people apparently being too stupid (according to crazy white woman from DC) to know what is going on in their own personal lives?

You're literally getting more and more racist as this thread goes on, hun. Maybe time to put down the shovel.
So I specifically said the general population does not pay attention to details, and that makes me racist? that is some leap!

You laid out nothing. You provided a link and did not initiate any discussion by bringing up the points in that link. There is therefore nothing to discuss.
I didn't need to lay out anything. it was laid out in the article. The one you cannot come up with a critique of.

So I specifically said the general population does not pay attention to details, and that makes me racist? that is some leap!
Yes, it does, when you are tellign us black people are too stupid to know what goes on in their own lives and the lives of their relatives.

69 percent of black people want voter ID, vibise. So tell us. Why do you, the old white woman from DC, want to tell us they don't actually want what they want?

Yes, it does, when you are tellign us black people are too stupid to know what goes on in their own lives and the lives of their relatives.

69 percent of black people want voter ID, vibise. So tell us. Why do you, the old white woman from DC, want to tell us they don't actually want what they want?
I said no such thing. If you think otherwise, find a post of mine that says black people are stupid. You will not find any such thing.

I said no such thing. If you think otherwise, find a post of mine that says black people are stupid. You will not find any such thing.
That's precisely what you said. Just without those exact words. I gave you a direct link to a poll showing the MAJORITY of black people want photo ID and you came in with a patronizing attitude telling us they don't know what's going on.

Back