Roe V Wade Overturned?

vibise

SCOTUS can either repeal RvW outright, or stick with the current strategy of eroding abortion access bit by bit, a strategy that seems to fly under the radar for most Americans.

If they repeal RvW, they lose an issue that riles up voters, and create an issue that will rile up progressives/liberals/most women.

I think it is a tossup, and am glad I live in a Dem majority state.

Harry Leggs

SCOTUS can either repeal RvW outright, or stick with the current strategy of eroding abortion access bit by bit, a strategy that seems to fly under the radar for most Americans.

If they repeal RvW, they lose an issue that riles up voters, and create an issue that will rile up progressives/liberals/most women.

If repealed it will just be kicked back to the states. There is no basis for abortion in the Constitution. It is not a right. Certainly not a right from God like right to life.

glenlogie

If, as you think, a majority of Americans believe in the right to abortion. Then you should have no fear of passing in either by the legislators or popular vote in each state.

Authentic Nouveau

KKK rose up in the South which your state and party was part of.
Rush Limbaugh: “Planned Parenthood, Doing The Job The Klan Could Never Finish”.
Margaret Sanger the Grand wizard of PP was committed to racism and The Mother of Eugenics.

Harry Leggs

Margaret Sanger the Grand wizard of PP was committed to racism and The Mother of Eugenics.
I don't see any of the abortion advocates arguing the moral basis for late-term abortion even though most in that bunch would desire it still be legal.

It sounds like Roe may be overturned and watch the riots happen. Burning and looting. Esp in Dem controlled hellholes.

Authentic Nouveau

I don't see any of the abortion advocates arguing the moral basis for late-term abortion even though most in that bunch would desire it still be legal.

It sounds like Roe may be overturned and watch the riots happen. Burning and looting. Esp in Dem controlled hellholes.
I even see a trend to approve a period post-partum as a window to eliminate the offspring.

BMS

There is of course the right of the inborn geting killed in pro-choice abortion whether it riles up people or not.
I wonder whether those who keep citing the law will put up with the law if it changes.

Thistle

SCOTUS can either repeal RvW outright,
Thank you for your honesty. Finally the left has acknowledged that Roe v. Wade was a prime example of legislating by the judiciary. The problem is the constitution doesn't provide a mechanism for legislating by the judiciary. The thing that is being sought here is for the Supreme Court to do its job which is to apply the constitution (which is the supreme law of the land) to a particular case.
or stick with the current strategy of eroding abortion access bit by bit, a strategy that seems to fly under the radar for most Americans.
It was pretty much of a given that people who believe that abortion is murder are not going to sit on their hands and do nothing.
If they repeal RvW,
For the record, the court is being asked to overturn Roe V Wade.
they lose an issue that riles up voters,
Apparently you've overestimated the cynicism of people who think that murder is wrong.
and create an issue that will rile up progressives/liberals/most women.
Anticipating the reaction of evil doers is not an argument for failing to do righteousness.
We have plenty of good solid Democrats in Illinois that I'd like to contribute to your state are you game for that? We could start with Kim Fox, Mike Madigan, and Jesse Smollett. And if you still have some room you're welcome to mayor Beetle Juice and Jelly Belly Pritzker.

Harry Leggs

Overturn of Roe V Wade may give the Dems an advantage in the 2022 elections and even before. Am sure they will figure that out. It really does not change much. I remember reading a book by a NY atheist who performed abortions writing letters to banned abortion states and signing as Your Obedient Servant for performing abortions to out-of-state females. NY was swamped with out-of-state female abortions. That was then. Now it sounds like young females are less sexually active as it relates to pregnancy.

Right to abortion never was constitutional. It can only be good for the United States to overturn Roe since God would approve.

Yakuda

Kind of like how you leftists erode the actual right of gun ownership bit by bit? You have no problem with that but dont seem to like when your imagined "rights" restricted. Again I'd ask if you can see the stupidity but...

vibise

If repealed it will just be kicked back to the states. There is no basis for abortion in the Constitution. It is not a right. Certainly not a right from God like right to life.
If repealed, they would likely kick it back to the states, but could also declare it unConstitutional, in which case abortion would be illegal everywhere.

Rights from God are not relevant in a secular country.

glenlogie

If repealed, they would likely kick it back to the states, but could also declare it unConstitutional, in which case abortion would be illegal everywhere.

Wrong. It would be illegal to decide on a national basis. Each state could decide for themselves

vibise

If, as you think, a majority of Americans believe in the right to abortion. Then you should have no fear of passing in either by the legislators or popular vote in each state.
In some states with Republican legislatures, issues decided by the voters have been ignored. Like giving voting rights to ex-felons in FL, or having voting districts defined by nonpartisan commissions in other states.

And note that the popular vote does not count for much in heavily gerrymandered states, or when the President is picked by the Electoral College.

vibise

Conservatives created and ran the KKK.
Blacks awarded Sanger the MLK Prize. And in Sanger's time eugenics was widely promoted, including by many mainline Christian denominations, so she can hardly be singled out for blame on that one.

vibise

The moral basis for late-term abortion is that some pregnancies fail and are not viable and endanger the life and health of the mother.

glenlogie

In some states with Republican legislatures, issues decided by the voters have been ignored. Like giving voting rights to ex-felons in FL, or having voting districts defined by nonpartisan commissions in other states.

And note that the popular vote does not count for much in heavily gerrymandered states, or when the President is picked by the Electoral College.
You are still having a problem with the constitutional republic form of government.

If a legislature violates state laws, then they can be sued

You need to take a breath before you get the vapors.

Harry Leggs

Don't think that will happen.
I agree. Our culture is permeated by Christianity. That means we are not secular. Of course, rights from God is an objective fact and the basis for our Revolution. (That is from the Bible) Read Exod 1. Pharaoh had no right from God to murder Hebrew infant babies and was judged as a result. In part, the judgement included the killing of all the firstborns of Egypt, including animals. Right to life from God is absolute and it does not matter what humans do. The fact remains.

Abortion means falling under judgement from God. He did not spare Pharaoh.... He will not spare us. We need to repent and i think that is what is happening here.

Harry Leggs

The moral basis for late-term abortion is that some pregnancies fail and are not viable and endanger the life and health of the mother.
The bulk has not one thing to do with physical health since giving birth is a normal function. Population stats prove that.

vibise

Don't think that will happen.

I agree. Our culture is permeated by Christianity. That means we are not secular. Of course, rights from God is an objective fact and the basis for our Revolution. (That is from the Bible) Read Exod 1. Pharaoh had no right from God to murder Hebrew infant babies and was judged as a result. In part, the judgement included the killing of all the firstborns of Egypt, including animals. Right to life from God is absolute and it does not matter what humans do. The fact remains.

Abortion means falling under judgement from God. He did not spare Pharaoh.... He will not spare us. We need to repent and i think that is what is happening here.
Our culture may be permeated by Christianity, but our Constitution forbids an established religion, and further forbids religious tests for public office. There is no other mention of religion, God, Christianity in the Constitution.