Roman Catholic rebukes Leighton Flowers for violating Sola Fide

preacher4truth

You didn't rather couldn't rebut it

The verses were given

Your rebuttal was not
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rebut your opinion? I'll pass. You're a straight-up heretic.

TomFL

Jesus gives life to those that believe.

"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ"...Regeneration is the work of the Holy Spirit in the heart of the unbelieving and dead in sin person to make us alive with Jesus. The end result of regeneration is the action of repentance and belief in Jesus, whereby one calls out the the Lord to be saved. We are His workmanship, not His and ours, just His. Being regenerated is being born from above. If a person is born from above they will believe that Jesus is God's Son.

You never did answer my question: Did the Holy Spirit ask you to choose to come to Jesus? Or did He violate your fleshly will and bring you to saving faith and repentance?

God bless
You posted your theology

and ignored scripture

John show faith precedes regeneration

John 1:12–13 —NET
“But to all who have received him—those who believe in his name —he has given the right to become God’s children
—children not born by human parents or by human desire or a husband’s decision, but by God.”

The Holy Spirit gives influence for faith working along with the gospel

Joe

Regeneration is new life

John states it is given upon faith

John 1:12; 5:24, 40; 20:31 —KJV
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

Regeneration purifies the heart

A purified heart is by faith

Acts 15:9 —KJV
“And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.”
This is the third time to ask you: Did the Holy Spirit ask you to choose to come to Jesus? Or did He violate your fleshly will and bring you to saving faith and repentance?

preacher4truth

You posted your theology

and ignored scripture

“But to all who have received him—those who believe in his name —he has given the right to become God’s children
—children not born by human parents or by human desire or a husband’s decision, but by God.”

Here we see the hypocrisy.

He wants Scripture, after giving his ideology and a verse that he doesn't grasp.

Yet when one offers Scripture, he responds in the above manner, that they ignored Scripture, while ignoring Scripture.

More of the game.

preacher4truth

I forgive him, it's fine. He's exposed enough.
Those posts get buried though. Probably best to keep on showing his errors.

Not sure if there is really anything to forgive though?

I mean it like this, it isn't like he sinned against a person, they repent, and we forgive the person.

It's that his heresies are being exposed, which is biblical. I don't see nor do I recall any texts that say a word about forgiving those who disseminate error, but I do see several that expose them for it, and call them out on it.

Which post and teaching was it where he was exposed?

Septextura

Those posts get buried though. Probably best to keep on showing his errors.

Not sure if there is really anything to forgive though?

I mean it like this, it isn't like he sinned against a person, they repent, and we forgive the person.

It's that his heresies are being exposed which is biblical, I don't see any texts that say a word about forgiving those who disseminate error, but I do see several that expose them for it, and call them out on it.

Which post and teaching was it where he was exposed?

He kept dodging answering why God needed to open Lydia's heart on several discussions. His schtick was to detract by answering with a question then skid away. And when challenged to stop doing that and give a straight answer he kept denying it's intentional detraction and he's now demanding answers to his detractions before he answers straight, which he never will.

I expect such behavior from reprobates, not from Christians. But I take it as fair game on an apologetics forum with heretics abound. Not a big deal really.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

Still refusing to understand ?

The word is believe

Election is in Christ

Eph. 1:4 —KJV
“According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:”

Men are in Christ when they believe

Eph. 1:13 —KJV
“In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”

Men are justified when they believe

Mean are regenerated when they believe

Men are saved when they believe

Are you ever going to address this
Men are elected to be In Christ before the world was created.

Sketo

Was God the cause of all of Ahab sin ?
It has nothing to do with Ahab... and you know it!

The issue was...

No... the issue was your response to...

The tempting for evil is done through secondary causes. That's Satan's job. God's intentions are for good, even though Satan is used, who's intentions are evil. And the final link in the chain is our fallen sin enslaved nature.

Your response...

If you hire a criminal do you imagine claiming a secondary source will get you off the hook for a crime

1Sa 16:14-16 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him. And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee. Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.

1Ki 22:19-23 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith?

And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said,
(YOUR HIRED) Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Does this mean God is “on the hook”???

Your answer...

Which contradicts your statement...

If you hire a criminal do you imagine claiming a secondary source will get you off the hook for a crime

According to your statement God is on the hook for a crime!

If “God” hire a “lying spirit” do you imagine claiming a secondary source, like a “lying spirit”, will get God off the hook for a crime

You contradict your claim by saying “God is Not on the hook”!

Beloved Daughter

This is the third time to ask you: Did the Holy Spirit ask you to choose to come to Jesus? Or did He violate your fleshly will and bring you to saving faith and repentance?

Odd that there is no answer. It's not something that one would forget.

I heard the call. As the Apostle Paul says Romans 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

preacher4truth

It has nothing to do with Ahab... and you know it!

No... the issue was your response to...

Your response...

1Sa 16:14-16 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him. And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee. Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.

1Ki 22:19-23 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith?

And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said,
(YOUR HIRED) Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Does this mean God is “on the hook”???

Your answer...

Which contradicts your statement...

According to your statement God is on the hook for a crime!

If “God” hire a “lying spirit” do you imagine claiming a secondary source, like a “lying spirit”, will get God off the hook for a crime

You contradict your claim by saying “God is Not on the hook”!
Exactly! He spends much time trying to get God off the hook (he thinks He's on) while pretending He's not. Deceitful and disingenuous.

preacher4truth

He kept dodging answering why God needed to open Lydia's heart on several discussions. His schtick was to detract by answering with a question then skid away. And when challenged to stop doing that and give a straight answer he kept denying it's intentional detraction and he's now demanding answers to his detractions before he answers straight, which he never will.

I expect such behavior from reprobates, not from Christians. But I take it as fair game on an apologetics forum with heretics abound. Not a big deal really.
A few podcasts of 101 and some smelling salts and he'll forget he got KO'd in round 1.

Joe

You posted your theology

and ignored scripture

Tom, I posted what I understand is correct, and I did not ignore scripture. I used it properly to show you that "when we were dead in trespasses, (God) made us alive together with Christ". I also unpacked God's involvement with His saving you. He did it, not you.

You think you chose to believe in Jesus. That is never mentioned in the bible. If it is post it for all of us.

The bible does speak of God choosing people though, and His election is not based upon what one does or doesn't do.

I've posted multiple passages that prove God saves us from beginning to end.

“But to all who have received him—those who believe in his name —he has given the right to become God’s children—children not born by[ human parents or by human desire or a husband’s decision, but by God.”

The NASB version holds to a more accurate interpretation of the Greek.
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of a man, but of God." (Joh 1:12-13

He gave the right/privilege to those who believe in His name, being born by God.

Did you also notice man's will is not involved in the birthing? That cannot be more clear.

He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, (Tit 3:5)

Faith is given by God. The Spirit of God produces faith when one hears the Word of God. Choice is no where to be seen.

Again, "when we were dead in our transgressions, (God) made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)"

God bless

Last edited: