Roman Catholic Saints

Why do Roman Catholics pray to those dead people that they have dubbed as being "saints" in heaven? What is the purpose?
God's too busy?

He's mean, Mary is nice?

They think talking to dead people is something christians do?

They grossly misinterpret scripture?

I can go on. But one purpose they can't show us is that it's scriptural or apostolic. Because it's neither.

Why do Roman Catholics pray to those dead people that they have dubbed as being "saints" in heaven? What is the purpose?
Praying to anyone will do, as long as it is not to God himself as stated in his inspired word:
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

2Cor 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Praying to anyone will do, as long as it is not to God himself as stated in his inspired word:
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

2Cor 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
then in all your bible reading / study you haven't found a verse that says 'if you want to by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto Mary or 'saint' xyz'?

I haven't either.

We don't pray to dead people. God is not a God of the dead but of the living.

Jesus said to the criminal on the cross, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Dead people are not in Paradise.

God's too busy?

He's mean, Mary is nice?

They think talking to dead people is something christians do?

They grossly misinterpret scripture?

I can go on. But one purpose they can't show us is that it's scriptural or apostolic. Because it's neither.
The RCC with the approval of the Vatican's Magisterium, deviously publicize their Roman Catholic propaganda because they are keenly aware of the fact that certain comments they cunningly make, seriously understates the importance of the written Word of God - which is their devil-inspired goal.

We don't pray to dead people. God is not a God of the dead but of the living.

Jesus said to the criminal on the cross, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Dead people are not in Paradise.
They are dead. So Jesus said first to his mother, please let me save this criminal?

Dead people means dead to this physical word. All dead people are living and not necessarily in paradise.

That does not support praying to the dead. If you really want to prove this to be an OK practice - please show where one apostle prayed to Stephen after he was stoned to death, show where they preyed to Mary after she died, show where they prayed to Moses etc? Show us one scriptural prayer where we have a prayer to anyone other than God or the Lord or the Father or Jesus? Just one.

Where does scripture, Jesus, or his apostles teach us to pray to the dead in Christ?
1Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Excellent point dead in Christ is seen as acceptable by scripture. No pretending they are alive at all.

Where does scripture, Jesus, or his apostles teach us to pray to the dead in Christ?
Dead in Christ? Not one of them is "dead in Christ" as you proclaim. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. Romans 6:23 As believers, they have eternal life in Christ. Their bodies might be dead, but their soulsth - that which is the person, continue on.

do you pray to living souls dwelling in Paradise?
The Church of Rome will commend RC's to pray to anyone or anything, dead or alive, if it goes against what God says in His Holy Word as long as a recognized spokesperson for the RCC says so, and RC's are trained to never even question it.
The Roman Catholic Church does NOT want their 'sheep' to know that God Himself has commanded man to "meditate" on Scripture day and night. (Josh, 1:8; Ps.1:2). And, we are to "let it fill our hearts at all times" (Deut 6:6-9).

Last edited:
Dead in Christ? Not one of them is "dead in Christ" as you proclaim. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. Romans 6:23 As believers, they have eternal life in Christ. Their bodies might be dead, but their soulsth - that which is the person, continue on.
Paul was speaking to believers about believers. catholics reject the rebirth thru heart belief in Christ alone. their heart belief is in the rcc, Mary, pope, not in Christ.
they also don't seem to know the difference between physical death (or life) and spiritual death (or life).

Why do you believe they are "dead"? Do not they have the promised eternal life as believers?
Stop the RCC word games, it is so stupid. Everyone dies, they leave their physical bodies, the scripture is not afraid to use the word dead. All who die have eternal life, one is in heaven the other is in hell. No purgatory. Stop playing games. It is so stupid to misuse the words.

Rev 14:13

And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

ecc 9:5

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.

heb 9:27

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

Once again proving an RC does not know scripture at all.

My own experience is that the connection with our loved ones in the afterlife makes it a given to ask them to intercede for us with Christ. It's not different from asking someone in this life to pray for us.

Back