Roman Catholic Thoughts On Spiritual Delusion . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know all about diversionary tactics from our years on the Mormon board--don't we? :)

We see more of the same here--don't we?
The apostle Paul frankly would have had no patience for "diversionary tactics." He never sought to win the world through intellectual acceptance, personal popularity, image, status, reputation, or things of that sort.

Jesus gave authority to Peter and his successors. If we want to know what to believe concerning the Christian faith then we listen to one who has the authority. We don't listen to Luther or Calvin or Zwingly....Why should we listen to them or anyone else? None of these have been given authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith.
I agree completely with what Charles Spurgeon said:
"We want again Luthers, Calvins, Bunyans , Whitefields, men fit to mark eras whose name breathe terror in our [foes'] ears. We have dire need of such. When will they come to us? . . . . . .

Charles H. Spurgeon, Autobiography, Volume 1: The Early Years (Edinburgh)

Jesus gave authority to Peter and his successors. If we want to know what to believe concerning the Christian faith then we listen to one who has the authority. We don't listen to Luther or Calvin or Zwingly....Why should we listen to them or anyone else? None of these have been given authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith.
On the contrary, those men were as Charles Spurgeon said: - "gifts of Jesus Christ to the Church" and others like them will come in due time.

dingoling. said:
Jesus gave authority to Peter and his successors. If we want to know what to believe concerning the Christian faith then we listen to one who has the authority.
the One Who has the authority is God. catholics do not listen to His word, they listen to the words of men - the rcc.

We don't listen to Luther or Calvin or Zwingly....Why should we listen to them or anyone else?
but you do listen to men - the false teachers of the rcc. they do not teach what Jesus and the apostles taught.

None of these have been given authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith.
the rcc has not been given that authority - it doesn't even teach the truth found in scripture.

What are you talking about, the nCCs accuse us all the time here of listening to what the church says and not what scripture says.
Not an accusation, it is a statement of fact. I find it strange that RCs try to hide that truth and get offended by it. You are always quoting the authority of the RCC.

Oh of course no accusations by RCs about the beliefs of non RCs. They do not even understand what sola scriptura means and yet we are always being accused of it and the word alone is always in the posts by some RCs as an insult. But we aren't whining about it.

Exactly so Bonnie.
You and Bonnie make a great point. The name of Jesus and His title Christ says it all.

from got questions:

the name is Yeshua. This word is a combination of Ya, an abbreviation for Yahweh, the name of Israel’s God (Exodus 3:14); and the verb yasha, meaning “rescue,” “deliver,” or “save.”

again from got questions:

To the surprise of some, “Christ” is not Jesus’ last name (surname). “Christ” comes from the Greek word Christos, meaning “anointed one” or “chosen one.” This is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Mashiach, or “Messiah.” “Jesus” is the Lord’s human name given to Mary by the angel Gabriel (Luke 1:31). “Christ” is His title, signifying Jesus was sent from God to be a King and Deliverer (see Daniel 9:25; Isaiah 32:1). “Jesus Christ” means “Jesus the Messiah” or “Jesus the Anointed One.”

Bo
th Jesus name and title reveal the gospel message. It is clear who saves us and it is not us at all.

What is your point. Faith is not mentioned in this passage, so did his faith alone save him?
His faith wasn't alone. You can keep appealing to your own personal interpretation of scripture all you want, but interpretation will never settle the issue if scripture alone is indeed the final/sole authority. We have the clear words of scripture that tell us faith without works is dead.

There is a lot of pride in the statements together. In other words, your saying your works gives you an advantage over everybody else, that your more deserving because of your many works. It is boasting before God. Because your claiming your many works will get you into heaven without Him. That you don't need God.

No one is saying, don't do works. But that our works do NOT account for salvation. The rcc just can't stand the idea that God loves sinners so much that HE willing to let them off the hook, without them having to be good enough. But to simply believe that HE has done so through faith in the work of His son.

The rcc teaching is that works is about "what you will get" not because you actually have a love for God. But what is in it for you. God ignores all human plans of salvation, no matter how wise they seem to be, and ignore the best ideas of men, even the most brilliant of them. Our plans of salvation can not satisfy God's requirement for the penalty of sin. Which is why Jesus said "it is finished" on the cross. He paid the debt in full.

The way rc's speak, the "works" done amounts to mere words and actions learned by rote. If you are counting on your many mouthfuls of blood and flesh eating and works to save you, then Jesus is of no use to you. And you have fallen from God's grace, because you are counting on your works to save you.

The Scriptures set out concrete commands and plans in order that unity is uppermost in the church.
Unlike the Roman Catholic Church that sets out concrete commands and plans in order that "unity" is uppermost in their church, whereas true Christians then and now, focus on "seeking and serving" the Lord Jesus Christ first and foremost. Where in the Scriptures do you read that they set out 'concrete commands and plans' in order for "unity" to be uppermost in the church - which of course is not by any true means, the Roman Catholic Church.

Stella1000 said:
The Scriptures set out concrete commands and plans in order that unity is uppermost in the church.
Unlike the Roman Catholic Church that sets out concrete commands and plans in order that "unity" is uppermost in their church, whereas true Christians then and now, focus on "seeking and serving" the Lord Jesus Christ first and foremost. Where in the Scriptures do you read that they set out 'concrete commands and plans' in order for "unity" to be uppermost in the church - which of course is not by any true means, the Roman Catholic Church.
Eph 4 11 He himself granted that some are apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity,[e] to the measure of the full stature of Christ. 14 We must no longer be children, tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind of doctrine by people’s trickery, by their craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love.

Titus 1 5 I left you behind in Crete for this reason, so that you should put in order what remained to be done and should appoint elders in every town, as I directed you...

Matt 18 17 If that person refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church, and if the offender refuses to listen even to the church, let such a one be to you as a gentile and a tax collector. 18 Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19 Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.”

Gods Word calls us to be a living body of organisation. A unified body where agreement can be reached for the sake of clear doctrine rather than each one to his own belief. A One, a Holy, a catholic and apostolic model serving all Christians.

Gods Word calls us to be a living body of organisation. A unified body where agreement can be reached for the sake of clear doctrine rather than each one to his own belief. A One, a Holy, a catholic and apostolic model serving all Christians.

But not when that organization's leaders, hold to the teachings of idol worship and commit sexual immorality. The rcc is not a model of holiness. After a response on here by one rc, ... who left me with the impression the rcc as a whole could give a rats behind about mccarrick's victims. And a couple of others threw Jesus under the bus without blinking an eye. I don't think your institution is very holy.

Eph 4 11 He himself granted that some are apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity,[e] to the measure of the full stature of Christ. 14 We must no longer be children, tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind of doctrine by people’s trickery, by their craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love.

Titus 1 5 I left you behind in Crete for this reason, so that you should put in order what remained to be done and should appoint elders in every town, as I directed you...

Matt 18 17 If that person refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church, and if the offender refuses to listen even to the church, let such a one be to you as a gentile and a tax collector. 18 Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19 Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.”

Yep the problem is the RCC is not one, holy, apostolic at all. It is disunited as seen by the disagreements among the bishops, the difference on the threads posted here and Holy do not make me laugh, it is far from Holy. We know it is not apostolic at all. It neither teachers what the apostles taught, its leaders show they are not successors of the apostles, the apostles would be appalled by the evil actions of these so called successors as well as their other gospel message.

But not when that organization's leaders, hold to the teachings of idol worship and commit sexual immorality. The rcc is not a model of holiness. After a response on here by one rc, ... who left me with the impression the rcc as a whole could give a rats behind about mccarrick's victims. And a couple of others threw Jesus under the bus without blinking an eye. I don't think your institution is very holy.
McCarrick is a disgrace and those who protected him are a disgrace and if you measure the Church only by the sinners who claim her then fair enough. But the Church lives on in the witness of leaders, teachers and the faithful who model her teachings.

But the Church lives on in the witness of leaders, teachers and the faithful who model her teachings.
He is NOT the only one involved. The man invited many, many, many other cardinals, bishops...etc.... plus ordered priests to bring little children to his orgy's for them to abuse for 50 yrs. His case is not the only one. There are many more just like him.

The real issue concerning this kind of behavior is that it was known by many many more at the top. And they hid it, instead of doing years ago, what was done in 2019. And that was defrock him 50 yrs ago, NOT let him continue to revel in his sin and drag other people into committing the same sin with him at his beach house.

Your leaders as a whole, did NOTHING about his actions and countless other cardinals and bishops who attended his orgy parties for 50 yrs until it was forced to in 2019. His orgy parties were well known by rcc leaders in the upper chain of command. It wasn't just him.

Just because so and so taught x,y, and z in the year 200, doesn't make his teaching automatically correct or that person holy. Jesus said the following which was addressed to the church while the apostle john was still alive. So just because your leaders teach x,y, and z is NOT proof that your institution is holy and its teachings are correct. Error was introduced into the church early on. And the reason we measure words and actions against what God in his word says about them.

Revelation 2:14-16
Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality. Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Revelation 2:20-21
Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling.

A new day said:
McCarrick is a disgrace and those who protected him are a disgrace and if you measure the Church only by the sinners who claim her then fair enough.
many of them are rcc leaders - and remain leaders now.

there is much more than its sinful leaders.

But the Church lives on in the witness of leaders, teachers and the faithful who model her teachings.
yes it continues on being faithful to its false teachings - instead of His truth.

McCarrick is a disgrace and those who protected him are a disgrace and if you measure the Church only by the sinners who claim her then fair enough. But the Church lives on in the witness of leaders, teachers and the faithful who model her teachings.

When anyone attends a church that sin is evident in, it's time to find another church. Find another church Stella. It's time to knock the dust from your sandals as a testimony against the Rcc.

-------------Ezekiel's Hole in the Wall ------------
Ezekiel 8:5​
Then said he unto me,​
Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north.
So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north,​
and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.​
6 He said furthermore unto me,​
Son of man, seest thou what they do?
even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here,
that I should go far off from my sanctuary?
but turn thee yet again,
and thou shalt see greater abominations.
7 And he brought me to the door of the court;​
and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.​
8 Then said he unto me,​
Son of man, dig now in the wall:
and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.​
9 And he said unto me,​
Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.
10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things,​
and abominable beasts,​
and all the idols of the house of Israel,​
pourtrayed upon the wall round about.​
11 And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel,​
and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan,​
with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.​
12 Then said he unto me, Son of man,​
hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark,
every man in the chambers of his imagery?
or they say, the Lord seeth us not; the Lord hath forsaken the earth.
13 He said also unto me,​
Turn thee yet again,
and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north;​
and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.​

we , so far, have only gotten just a glimest,
just a peek, the "Tip of the Iceberg "
as written
but turn thee yet again,
and thou shalt see greater abominations.

Ezekiel 8:5
Then said he unto me,
Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north.
So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north,
and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.

does anyone here know where this
"image of jealousy set up at the North Gate"
came from and who set it there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back