Roman Catholics - When was the last time that you . . . . .

Doesn't it all boil down to ones interpretations versus another's interpretations?
Granted, there are ambiguous texts.... But I'm thinking particularly about the myriad of Martin Luther quotes that Rome's defenders have utilized over the years. Often, when placed back in context, the quotes do not intend to say what Rome's defenders imply.

Granted, there are ambiguous texts.... But I'm thinking particularly about the myriad of Martin Luther quotes that Rome's defenders have utilized over the years. Often, when placed back in context, the quotes do not intend to say what Rome's defenders imply.
Yes, I have read a few exchanges on the Lutheran board ?

The Church has been teaching the truth and fulfilling the Great Commission for many canturies before the Protestants divided Christianity.
The early church did, but eventually, as the early church morphed into what your church is today, it ceases teaching the true Gospel and substituting its own version.

And Protestants did not "divide" Christianity. Your church did, by becoming corrupt, ked by corrupt, power-hungry leaders, and "teaching for doctrine the precepts of men." If it had corrected its false teachings and gotten rid of its corrupt leaders, the Reformation never would have happened. But it was far more interested in keeping its powe than in preaching and teaching the truth. God's Truth cannot be obliterated, though your church tried, by burying it under a ton of man-made false teachings. Shameful.

The early church did, but eventually, as the early church morphed into what your church is today, it ceases teaching the true Gospel and substituting its own version.

And Protestants did not "divide" Christianity. Your church did, by becoming corrupt, ked by corrupt, power-hungry leaders, and "teaching for doctrine the precepts of men." If it had corrected its false teachings and gotten rid of its corrupt leaders, the Reformation never would have happened. But it was far more interested in keeping its powe than in preaching and teaching the truth. God's Truth cannot be obliterated, though your church tried, by burying it under a ton of man-made false teachings. Shameful.
The Church never ceased teaching the true Gospel. The Church never ceased being the Church.

The Church never ceased teaching the true Gospel. The Church never ceased being the Church.

From what rc's themselves post, we have been redirected to putting faith in an institution, mary and saints. rc's also imply that we non-rc's are doing wrong because we only follow Jesus. So yes, it has changed. It has long since ceased what was started by Christ and the apostles preaching.

The apostles never taught the early believers what the rcc teaches today.

That is a "precept of men". It is not in Scripture, yet you believe it. Terrible.

This link is a secondary source for the Kreeft statement, not the actual context of Kreeft's statement. Kreeft's comment appears in a published book: Peter Kreeft, Fundamentals of the Faith: Essays in Christian Apologetics (San Fransico: Ignatius Press, 1998). Via Google books, the quote can be found here and here, and also reviewed here.

What's interesting about the old Called to Communion link you posted is that the person in the comment box that originally mentioned Kreeft is a friend of mine. Also interesting is that my name comes up a few times in the link because I wrote a full response to the author of that Called to Communion article.

Notice also in that comment box, one of Rome's defenders states:

So, if we're going to abide by "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good," it needs to be reiterated that 1) the Called to Communion link referenced is not a proper source for Kreeft's comment; 2) Kreeft's comment in context is opposed to the Protestant understanding of justification by faith alone; 3) In the letter from Kreeft to Hahn referenced by Rome's defenders at CTC, Kreeft says (at around 1:40) that he "confused the truth in Luther, sola gratia, with the untruth, sola fide."

I'm all for making Rome's defenders squirm, but not by misusing contexts.

JS
the original comment is found here:

That is a "precept of men". It is not in Scripture, yet you believe it. Terrible.

All of us non-rc's have been speaking of believing in and trusting in Jesus totally for salvation. Which is in Scripture, and yet you say doing so is terrible. Oh and btw, a person does NOT have to say things verbatim, to get their point or drift across.

The rcc is not the only so called keeper of history. History comes from many sources all over the world. And there isn't a rug big enough to sweep the rotten actions of the rcc that occurred for centuries underneath. I attended a public school, the whole time I was growing up, and history classes certainly taught about all the "crusades" and "inquisitions" murders committed by the rcc all in the name of imperialism and dictatorship. 50 million people were tortured or murdered in order to coerce people into renouncing faith in Jesus exclusively.

Last edited:
Oh yes it did and its bad fruit screams out it ceased being the real church, if it ever was.
Where did Jesus say that His Church would cease to be the Church? NOWHERE!

18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Where did Jesus say that His Church would cease to be the Church? NOWHERE!

18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
Once again bearing false witness, I never said Jesus said anything of the sort.

For a start I know your bad tree is NOT his church. It is the gates of hell. It follows its founders the Roman Emperors. Its leaders are not followers of Jesus as their fruit throughout the centuries have shown.

The real church is still standing and it is not your institution. You see to be His the institution must pass certain tests, meet His standards and teach what He taught Your leaders do not meet all the scriptural requirements for leaders for a start. The only test your institution passes is the one for the bad tree.

Back