Romans 1 disproves total depravity, inability

Yes, but have they actually read a book by a Calvinist professor. You know, somebody who actually went to seminary. I'm pretty sure professors do not wast time on forums like these.

Your not going to see John Piper or John MacArthur on here.

I can give you my explanation, but somebody with a degree would say it a lot better and more accurately.
Sure they have! People that have a passion for discussing this subject year after year have either read those gentlemen's works or have watched them in debates and have seen their answers critiqued.

Nope. When I've said in times past on these sites and others that men can do some things that are good and still not be saved they've told me it's not possible. Even something that might appear right they assert they probably had selfish motives or so they said. In other words a natural man can't do anything right or with a good motive. I've heard that all through the years by some so nope, no apology.
As I said...you'll backpedal to defend your lie. Shame on you.

But, as to doing good...unless you do it for the glory of God...YOU CAN DO NO GOOD...rather you are doing good, and the act may be beneficial to some people...while the real reason is so you can puff out your own chest as say..."look at me!!!"......what's your real motivation Rockson?

I don't see it quite like that. According to this from Matt Slick on CARM....
Total Depravity – Man is completely touched/affected by sin in all that he is (in nature he is completely fallen), but is not as bad as he could be (in action, i.e., not all murder, etc.). Furthermore, this total depravity means that the unregenerate will not, of their own free will, choose to receive Christ.
"but is not as bad as he could be"
How much badder does one need to be in order to not receive Christ?

Others see it as...Total Depravity - As a result of Adam’s fall, the entire human race is affected; all humanity is dead in trespasses and sins. Man is unable to save himself,
Who in this forum thinks he can save himself?

Paul is simply saying that men in general do some of the things in the law. They do them because they are practical...
Scripture states they do by nature, not because they are practical.
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

"but is not as bad as he could be"
How much badder does one need to be in order to not receive Christ?

Who in this forum thinks he can save himself?

Some people think God created us to not be.

That is a rough one.

Soemtimes we need help, but not being is rough.

Last edited:
If man is totally depraved, cannot seek God, cannot think a right though about God, cannot know truth as calvinists falsely claim, then why did God have to say 3 times He had to give these unbelieving reprobates over ?
I don't understand what you're saying. Can you explain further and tell me the point of this OP, please?

Also how can these reprobates suppress the truth since they are dead and incapable of knowing the truth ?
What truth is it that Rom 1 says they are suppressing? Will you elaborate on that, please?

See the oxymorons with such a false systematic ?
No, I don't. Can you tell me what the oxymorons are and what statements are false, and why they are false, please?

All I read are some unsupported accusations against Calvinism and some scripture citations.

The context of Rom 3:11 is a group that represents us and where we have all been at one time or another. But some do seek God. ...

Isaiah 11:10 (KJV) And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles **seek**: and his rest shall be glorious.

Deuteronomy 4:29 (KJV) But if from thence thou shalt **seek** the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV) And ye shall **seek** me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Hebrews 11:6 (KJV) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently **seek** him.

Acts 17:27 (KJV) That they should **seek** the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

13:42 (KJV) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles **besought** that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
So no one seeks God actually means some do seek God?

I've said in times past on these sites and others that men can do some things that are good and still not be saved they've told me it's not possible.
Yes, because being good does not get you into heaven.
Even something that might appear right they assert they probably had selfish motives or so they said.
Go back and read what I said in post # 10
In other words a natural man can't do anything right or with a good motive. I've heard that all through the years by some
Well again, what you have heard or read by amateur Calvinists is not what you would learn by reading a book by a seminary professor.

But, how do you understant:
Jeremiah 13:23 Can an Ethiopian[a] change his skin
or a leopard its spots?
Neither can you do good
who are accustomed to doing evil.

do good from Vines OT dictionary
yatab (H3190), "to go well, be pleasing, be delighted, be happy." This verb appears 117 times in the Old Testament. The meaning of the word, as expressed in Neh_2:6, is "pleased."

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Notice in the Jeremiah passage, those accustomed to doing evil "cannot be pleasing."

So, what is the remedy for that person?
Joh 3:3 . . .unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

See: The things of God's kingdom are not apparent to the natural vision. A new power of sight is required, which attaches only to the new man. Compare 1Co_2:14.

Again, this does not mean that natural people cannot be honest decent people. It means that all their honesty and decency are not done from faith.

Rom 14:23 . . .for whatever is not from faith is sin.

Titus 1:15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Then there is this:
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Totally Depraved would imply that one is never able to do what is right and lawful; scripture states that man naturally can keep the law.
The issue is that man will choose to break the law, then found guilty for breaking all the law.
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
You contradict yourself.

Make up your mind. Does scripture say man keeps the law, or that with his first sin he's broken the entire law always and forever, thete is no going back.

Correct. But amongst Calvinist they just can't conceive a man can make a decision to do any one thing right.
Prove it.

When they see they obviously can many of them demonize their character and want to assert they do it for some evil selfish mysterious motive.
Prove it.

Such an incredibility bizarre way of thinking but I've seen some out of their desperation assert that.
Most Synergists are bank robbers.

You contradict yourself.

Make up your mind. Does scripture say man keeps the law, or that with his first sin he's broken the entire law always and forever, thete is no going back.
A person who is guilty of the whole law can still do by nature the law as scripture states.

Some seek, some do not seek.
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Back