Romans 6

"Without being born again" the answer is an obvious no.
Regardless of whether you think Catholics really believe this, this is Catholic doctrine, and what's more, Catholic unalterable dogma. Any Catholic who believes otherwise - even nuns - is teaching a different gospel.

I'm not sure you answered my question. If you are a new creation then you have a new master...but are the deeds done in obedience of the new master "righteous" and "righteousness"?
I am laughing you don't think I have answered your question, RCs never answer mine. They are His deeds, He made the changes. Only His deeds are righteousness without faith you have nothing. RCs love to see the deeds as theirs.

You say this as if this is a profound point in favor of Roman Catholic doctrine.

RCism is awash in leavening good loaves with just a little yeast. Proposing some truth is never profundity.
And it just needs a little to ruin the whole loaf.

Oh you must repent? You can't sin like that and still go to heaven, ok. Not all ncs are the same.

Sin like what? Salvation isn't lost because we stumble sometimes. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to convict us unto repentance.

I'm not sure what kind of argument you are trying to make, but it isn't working.

Sin like what? Salvation isn't lost because we stumble sometimes. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to convict us unto repentance.

I'm not sure what kind of argument you are trying to make, but it isn't working.
Stumble sometimes is the same as adultery?

Seems to me ncs do as well.
No that is a totally RC thing. Yet when it is convenient for RCs they make out that a white lie is the same as child molestation. I can see the hypocrisy in the RCC and how they interpete the catechism.

I see all sin as disobeying God, but some God clearly states means that brothers/sisters are not to be associated with. 1 Cor 5:11 which all RCs ignore. But all sin puts us out of relationship with God.

Last edited:
No that is a totally RC thing. Yet when it is convenient for RCs they make out that a white lie is the same as child molestation. I can see the hypocrisy in the RCC and how they interpete the catechism.
A teen,for example, taking something that isn't theirs is not the same as that same teen pulling out a gun and shooting the other. Even the natural law recognizing this.

A teen,for example, taking something that isn't theirs is not the same as that same teen pulling out a gun and shooting the other. Even the natural law recognizing this.

So one part of the 10 commandments is a bigger sin than another part of it? Keep in mind that even lusting after a woman (or man) is adultery. Hating your brother is murder.

So one part of the 10 commandments is a bigger sin than another part of it? Keep in mind that even lusting after a woman (or man) is adultery. Hating your brother is murder.
Killing someone or stealing a candy bar IS different. Both need to be confessed and repented of but are not the same. Even on a natural level.

Killing someone or stealing a candy bar IS different. Both need to be confessed and repented of but are not the same. Even on a natural level.
They are both breaking the commandment and if you break one you break them all.

The RCC favourite author:

James 2:10

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Back