Romans4

The point---if God the Son can die--then so can other heavenly gods.
There are no other Gods.

Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

Isaiah43:10,11 — Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.

Ephesians 4:6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

There are no other Gods.

Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

Isaiah43:10,11 — Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.

Ephesians 4:6 — One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Timothy 2:5 — For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Please relate that to the Biblical writers:

Psalm 82:1---English Standard Version

1 God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:

How do you explain that?

Also--how does listing scriptures which separate out God the Son from the "one God" of the Biblical NT--prove there isn't any other God--as God the Son isn't the "one God" of the Biblical NT, rather--God the Father is--IE--

Ephesians 4:6 — One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Timothy 2:5 — For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 8:6---English Standard Version

6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

IOW--the very God of the OT--which claimed there is no other God--then appears in the NT as the "one Lord"--and is separated out from the specific designation of the "one God"--and the Biblical writers assign God the Son---a God and Father also:

1 Peter 1:3---King James Version (KJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

John 20:17---King James Version (KJV)
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Ephesians 1:17---King James Version (KJV)

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Hebrews 1:9---King James Version (KJV)
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

So--how does any of that prove your claim?

It's still an example of God dying. God the Son died. If God the Son can die--then so can other heavenly gods.
The Son lowered Himself to become a man. And there are not multiple "gods" unless you believe false teachings.

The gods of the Divine Council were not humans. The Divine Council is made up of heavenly, divine beings--that's the reason it's called the Divine Council.

The Divine Council of Yahweh​

"The Bible acknowledges there are many gods but affirms there is one God who is the sovereign creator of all those gods. Therefore, the biblical perspective found in the Bible is that a believer’s allegiance and devotion is to the one true God, despite the existence of many gods.

The divine council of Yahweh is an assembly of divine, spiritual beings
over which Yahweh, the one true God, presides. These beings participate in making decisions with Yahweh, execute these decisions in creation, and rule over creation on Yahweh’s behalf."

Divine Council​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Divine Council is an assembly of deities over which a higher-level god presides.

False teachings of Mormonism and Greek mythology promoted by a con-artist named Joseph Smith.

The Son lowered Himself to become a man. And there are not multiple "gods" unless you believe false teachings.

Such as this?

Where I was raised--we were taught plural meant multiple--"gods" is plural?

False teachings of Mormonism and Greek mythology promoted by a con-artist named Joseph Smith.

And what are you claiming Joseph Smith had to do with Psalm82--or the testimonies of the scholars?

You aren't thinking Joseph Smith was the author of my posted sources?

Back