Russia withdraws from Lyman, city in annexed region

This was a factual story about Ukraine taking over a city formerly held by Russia.
This was not an opinion piece that could be subject to disagreement.
This was all over the news.
Facts are facts.
That is your opinion.

Steele Dossier "all over the news"

When left wingers support their dishonest sources, they get real pushy.

Just hours after the Post report, which turned out to be entirely true and accurate, other media sources began circulating a letter allegedly signed by 51 intelligence officials, both current and retired, allegedly from both parties, who called the Hunter Biden laptop and the information contained therein a sophisticated Russia disinformation campaign.

That has to be embarassing, having to pull out of a region you just one day earlier declared was now annexed into being part of your country. Putin just keeps embarrassing himself with this idiotic invasion.

The subject is the withdrawal of Russian troops from Lyman in Ukraine, a fact reported by the NYT that you seem to have problems accepting, although all news sources have reported it, even Fox!

I was addressing of what your definition of what is a reliable source .

That has to be embarassing, having to pull out of a region you just one day earlier declared was now annexed into being part of your country. Putin just keeps embarrassing himself with this idiotic invasion.
He is kind of stuck.
He is in no position to escalate, nor can he pull out of any of those annexed regions without looking like a fool.

I was addressing of what your definition of what is a reliable source .
In this case the NYT reported on the facts about the Ukrainian takeover of Lyman. None of those facts are in dispute.

If you want to change the subject to how to identify a reliable source, you can start a new thread.

Really, and I bet you can provide solid examples of the NYT printing misinformation?

It amuses me that the people who cry about fake news are the ones who so often fall for it.
“Fake news” is just a troll. No one so stupid as to really believe Hateway Pundit is a reputable source and the New York Times is just propaganda could possibly be able to type words.

In this case the NYT reported on the facts about the Ukrainian takeover of Lyman. None of those facts are in dispute.

If you want to change the subject to how to identify a reliable source, you can start a new thread.
I wish the NYT would report that oxygen is required for human life... how many RWers would stop breathing the instant they read it...

I wish the NYT would report that oxygen is required for human life... how many RWers would stop breathing the instant they read it...
The NYT just reported that the 2022 Nobel in physiology and medicine went to Svante Paabo for his work on sequencing Neandertal DNA and on human evolution. Sure to cause many RW heads to explode, who will also deny the accuracy of the story.

I started a thread in the Evolution forum with links and details.

The NYT just reported that the 2022 Nobel in physiology and medicine went to Svante Paabo for his work on sequencing Neandertal DNA and on human evolution.
Fake news and a failed argument from authority fallacy does not prove evo.
Your circular argument fails as well.

Fake according to whom?

"Fake" in this context, is anyone that lives in a Putin-annexed region that continues claim their Ukrainian nationality as their own.

The word "fake" is the correct term here because Putin cannot force a person to be a Russian citizen even if Putin thinks he has the power to do so.

Analogy:

Because Trump thinks that a document marked classified, becomes unclassified the moment he thinks it's unclassified, doesn't mean it's content instantly becomes unclassified if its content remains unchanged.

___

Last edited:
This is from the NYT. Am not posting a link since it is behind a paywall, however, this news should be available elsewhere.

Good news. Hope the Ukrainians can keep this up.

I wonder if the Russian public is being informed of this.
Good news for whom? Ukrainian forces have suffered massive causalities to support Washington's demand for an offensive at all cost.
Soldiers and commanders interviewed in the past week portrayed the battlefield losses as ‘high’ and ‘massive’ . . .They describe large offensives in which columns of Ukrainian tanks and armored vehicles tried to cross open fields only to be pounded mercilessly by Russian artillery and blown up by Russian mines . . . during a recent assault we lost 50 guys in two hours. In another place . . . hundreds of Ukrainian troops were killed or wounded while trying to take a single village which is still in Russian hands . . .

The UK and US reportedly intervened to stop a tentative settlement between Kyiv and Moscow back in April. Every Ukrainian and Russian battlefield death since then is arguably the result of that intervention.

The stated goal from Washington has been to defeat Russia militarily to weaken it permanently. Washington appears to be willing to fight to the last Ukrainian in its attempts to do that.

Last edited:
The ball is in Putin's court. He claimed that these regions were Russian forever, and that attacks on them would be regarded as attacks on Russia. He implied that he would respond with nuclear weapons.

I cannot imagine he would do anything so foolish, but dangerous men do foolish things when backed into a corner.
There should be little doubt what Putin will do:
We will defend our land with all the forces and resources we have, and we will do everything we can to ensure the safety of our people.–Vladimir Putin from the annexation speech

The NYT just reported that the 2022 Nobel in physiology and medicine went to Svante Paabo for his work on sequencing Neandertal DNA and on human evolution. Sure to cause many RW heads to explode, who will also deny the accuracy of the story.
You are off topic. Your NyT Fake news coverage.

We notice your trash never reported the Nobel Prize reward tied to Ivermectin...

Dirty rags.

I started a thread in the Evolution forum with links and details
So your klowns pretend God was wrong?

Yet he ran away a day after annexing this region
Russian military strategy is to withdraw when necessary to preserve their fighting force. In contrast, western armies tend to try to hold territory at all cost, even if that strategy results in the destruction of their armies.

In 1812, the Russians kept withdrawing and burning the fields behind them. Napoleon started his campaign with an army of over 500,000 men. Virtually the entire French army was destroyed even though Napoleon took Moscow.

The German army faced similar fate in WW2. Hitler ordered German army to hold Stalingrad at all cost. The resulting destruction of the German army reversed the tide of the war.

Russia is moving large numbers of reinforcements to Ukraine. During WW2, the Soviets launched offensives during the winter.

The real question is how much of Ukraine will be left come spring?

Back