Russian update June

wiseones2cents

I dont understand this....

Janet Yellen says the US and its allies are discussing a price cap on Russian oil to 'depress Putin's revenues'​

How may I ask exactly does the Federal Reserve have the power to cap Russian Oil prices? Still looks like the FR calls the shots in Russia.....That can explain why Russia is paying its debt and not defaulting......

Meanwhile oil production is up in Canada, and everywhere else, Including Russia. So why exactly are the prices so high? Price gouging........

We keep hearing the government is doing something but its all lip service. The government is just a rubber stamper for the rich with no real power.

Russia has now become China's main oil supplier.....Which means Saudi Arabia has more oil to supply to the west.....

Conclusion? We are being robbed by gasoline companies. Money we will not be able to recuperate........

Think about it. A high US dollar means lower gas prices. Same with Canada. So why are gas prices so high? No other explanation than price gouging....

The US dollar and oil prices are breaking from their historical trade link. An economist explains why this signals a 'double whammy' for global markets.

Janet Yellen says the US and its allies are discussing a price cap on Russian oil to 'depress Putin's revenues'​

How may I ask exactly does the Federal Reserve have the power to cap Russian Oil prices? Still looks like the FR calls the shots in Russia.....That can explain why Russia is paying its debt and not defaulting......

Meanwhile oil production is up in Canada, and everywhere else, Including Russia. So why exactly are the prices so high? Price gouging........

We keep hearing the government is doing something but its all lip service. The government is just a rubber stamper for the rich with no real power.

Russia has now become China's main oil supplier.....Which means Saudi Arabia has more oil to supply to the west.....

Conclusion? We are being robbed by gasoline companies. Money we will not be able to recuperate........
The idea that the US could cap the price of Russian oil is a fantasy.

Russian oil production has gone down since the war and war-related sanctions, but its revenue is up substantially because of higher prices. The reduction in Russian oil production has come when world oil supplies were already tight, so it has contributed to a large increase in world oil prices.

In the middle of May, Russia’s oil production was 830,000 bpd lower than it was in February.

Perfect. They can discuss all they want. Discussion is 100% irrelevant.

Crude is very high and countries are ignoring embargoes. Buying Russian crude.

How may I ask exactly does the Federal Reserve have the power to cap Russian Oil prices?
If the Federal Reserve had this power, there'd be no need to work with allies to impose it. I suspect there's more detail to this story than your link provides.

Meanwhile oil production is up in Canada, and everywhere else, Including Russia.

So why exactly are the prices so high?
I know it's tempting to ask questions and then provide the answers which satisfy you, but if you're really interested in the subject, you have a tool to find an actual answer. It's called Google.

Try it.

Yellen is coming unglued

The idea that the US could cap the price of Russian oil is a fantasy.

I dont know about that...The central bank of Russia(run by global elitists) seems to still have influence.

Russian oil production has gone down since the war and war-related sanctions, but its revenue is up substantially because of higher prices. The reduction in Russian oil production has come when world oil supplies were already tight, so it has contributed to a large increase in world oil prices.
It makes no sense. Apparently Russia is selling its oil for cheap. Not "higher prices". Therefore if production is down.... Sorry it doesn't add up. These are all just lies to gouge the global consumer....

If the Federal Reserve had this power, there'd be no need to work with allies to impose it. I suspect there's more detail to this story than your link provides.

I know it's tempting to ask questions and then provide the answers which satisfy you, but if you're really interested in the subject, you have a tool to find an actual answer. It's called Google.

Try it.
Nah, that article is full of lies. I dont buy it. Bottom line, the price of a barrel of oil does not and never has correlated with what is at the gas pumps. Therefore the problem is not the suppliers, but the distributors.......

Exhibit a)

The REAL reason places like California and Toronto have high gas prices is simple. What the markets will bear. The more money there is in a state/province, the more the "system" will charge. That is how they keep the majority of the people enslaved to the "system".

Torontonians pay more for a lot more than just gasoline than most places in Canada. Also may I mention what "the markets will bear" is not a mechanism of capitalism, even though it is promoted as one.......It is a mechanism to keep people poor......

Joe Biden the mad scientist who's taking us "Back to the Future." He's taking us to Carter era inflation, why not Nixon era price controls?

I dont know about that...The central bank of Russia(run by global elitists) seems to still have influence.

It makes no sense. Apparently Russia is selling its oil for cheap. Not "higher prices". Therefore if production is down.... Sorry it doesn't add up. These are all just lies to gouge the global consumer....
Yes, Russia is selling its oil at a discount compared to other oil suppliers.

On the other hand, world prices for oil have gone up so much that Russia is still making more money while selling less oil. The main effect of the sanctions on Russian oil it to penalize consumers with high energy cost, not to punish Russia.

Exhibit a)

The REAL reason places like California and Toronto have high gas prices is simple. What the markets will bear. The more money there is in a state/province, the more the "system" will charge. That is how they keep the majority of the people enslaved to the "system".

Torontonians pay more for a lot more than just gasoline than most places in Canada. Also may I mention what "the markets will bear" is not a mechanism of capitalism, even though it is promoted as one.......It is a mechanism to keep people poor......
I suspect that a corruption tax is also a factor.

California not connected to pipelines to the rest of the country, so it is has an isolated market with a lot of state and local regulation. Moving through the morass may require a lot of grease in the right places.

I suspect that a corruption tax is also a factor.

California not connected to pipelines to the rest of the country, so it is has an isolated market with a lot of state and local regulation. Moving through the morass may require a lot of grease in the right places.
Yeah, I believe the snail darters objected.

Yes, Russia is selling its oil at a discount compared to other oil suppliers.

On the other hand, world prices for oil have gone up so much that Russia is still making more money while selling less oil. The main effect of the sanctions on Russian oil it to penalize consumers with high energy cost, not to punish Russia.

Exactly. The entire war is theater in my opinion. Which sole purpose is to steal from the public.

Back