Sabbath Day Salvation

John 5:19? Just incase any one else believes what you purport let's take a look.
Interesting that some believe that healing, DOING THE WORKS OF GOD, TRULY BEING HOLY through HIM that is holy on the Sabbath is violating the Sabbath.

John 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
John 5:15 The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.
John 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
John 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Last edited by a moderator:
JonHawk said:
The Lord will bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. Isa 61:3
yes.
soon , His sons and daughters will be restored to eden nature.
AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

"I guess to them Jesus' atonement means nothing ...",
Surely now that we are reconciled we may be perfectly certain of our salvation through His living in us. Romans 5:9-11
We are back to the definition of sin then, are we not ??? What is YOUR opinion of the definition of sin then ???
Whatever is not from faith is sin.

When He comes, He will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:
about sin, because they refuse to believe in Me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;
and about judgment, because the ruler of this world has already been judged. John 16:8-11

Knowing the True—Rejecting the False
We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.
We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 1 John 5:18-20

Last edited:
Prologue:
AV Hb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Whatever is not from faith is sin.
AV Re 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

"the faith of Jesus" did not sin EVER, in thought, word and deed in blamelessness !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:
Prologue:

AV Re 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

"the faith of Jesus" did not sin EVER, in thought, word and deed in blamelessness !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16 KJV

Thank God for the faith of Jesus. Elsewise, we would have to be offering up the filthy rags that is our own righteousness. And that is no righteousness at all.

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
Per Ellen White, you Must confirm your moral standard to the law of God, and NONE save Jesus can do that!

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16 KJV

Thank God for the faith of Jesus. Elsewise, we would have to be offering up the filthy rags that is our own righteousness. And that is no righteousness at all.
sda in rough shape, as EW stated that to pass the IJ,must be as holy as Jesus was per the law!

Jesus told us thast the ONLY things God requires from us to to believe on Him that was sent to save us from our sins, period!

Micah 6:8“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”

Leave it to the cultists among us to screw up beyond recognition the clear instructions from God to the Old Testament prophet Micah. Because the cultists get hung up on the most trivial things, proving the errors of their theology is like taking candy from a baby

Per Ellen White, you Must confirm your moral standard to the law of God, and NONE save Jesus can do that!
sda in rough shape, as EW stated that to pass the IJ,must be as holy as Jesus was per the law!
AV Re 22:11-12 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

According to Jesus, when will he judge you "he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." ???

No matter what you think, you can not make Jesus a liar to yourself, your condition and judgement of your life.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:
AV 1C 12:1-3 Now concerning spiritual [gifts], brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
AV Lk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Prologue:

Understanding the language used in "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law," Please list some laws that Paul is referring to ???

Bonus question: What did Jesus do to "justified" himself and the law related to it ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

AV Re 22:11-12 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

According to Jesus, when will he judge you "he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." ???

No matter what you think, you can not make Jesus a liar to yourself, your condition and judgement of your life.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Do you think that you cam meet the standards of the Law EW demands you to have then in the IJ?

Prologue:
AV 1C 12:1-3 Now concerning spiritual [gifts], brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Understanding the language used in "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law," Please list some laws that Paul is referring to ???

Bonus question: What did Jesus do to "justified" himself and the law related to it ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
When and how are lost sinners then justified before God?

Hi YeshuaFan,

Here we see an example of a rejecting what Jesus said in one place and creating disharmony by forcing what He said elsewhere to be contradictory.

Matthew 5:27-29
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 🔥

Or have you not read what He says about what to do with your hand which is sinning?

Matthew 5:30
30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell. 🔥
So you've caused Jesus to to be in conflict with His teachings, making your jesus error prone and not the all-knowing God of the universe. I'll take the Jesus of the Bible. In the above two examples Jesus gets gruesome in how He expresses His severe view of sin. It is better to gouge out your eye or cut off your hand than to keep on sinning and have your whole body thrown into hell ☠️

I pray this helps.
jesus did NOT expect Himself to be taken literally here, as His main point was that sin is a serious issue and needs to be dealt with, but nothing to do with how to get saved!

Hi YeshuaFan,

Previously you adamantly asserted:

Amazing how you don't wish to reaffirm said belief in the light of Jesus's admonition to either gouge out your eye or cut off your hand in order to stop sinning rather than to have your whole body thrown into hell. 🔥Now you're just jumping to a new line of thought. It's not a question, but icy it for what it is--a diversionary tactic.

So do you believe your own assertion or not? Is the ONLY thing God requires is belief?

God bless.
Ues, jesus Himself stated the ONLY thing required by God was to have Faith in Him as lord and Messiah!

Between Samoa and Auckland we crossed the day-line, and for the first time in our lives we had a week of six days. Tuesday, December 1, was dropped from our reckoning, and we passed from Monday to Wednesday. {BEcho, January 1, 1892 par. 14}

Ellen White blithely transferred her day of corporate worship from the seventh day to the six day in January 1892 and continued to worship on the sixth day until her return to the United States in 1892, Evidently, it was more important for her to worship on the day known as Saturday than the day she had recognized as the seventh day of the week her entire life. So how important was the Fourth Commandment to her after all?
She also conveniently ignored prohibition against eating shellfish, as she relished oysters all life long!

Hi YeshuaFan,

There's only one place in the Bible that uses the words "by faith alone." Have you read it? Could you post it here for me?

God bless.
Jesus Himself stated to us that only thing God requires is to have faith in jesus, the One God sent to save us from our sins!

No Salvation is in our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. In Him we are purged of our old sins and have become vessels fit for holy use being filled by Christ through His Spirit, His Word, His Law, the Love of God shed abroad in our hearts. The life in which He had intended from the beginning. A life through and in Him.

And this, the Word, the Law, His Spirit in our hearts through Christ my friends includes Resting on the Seventh Day Sabbath. It that we have beheld has become one with us.
The church worshiped on the first day of the week, on Lords day now!

Micah 6:8“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”

Leave it to the cultists among us to screw up beyond recognition the clear instructions from God to the Old Testament prophet Micah. Because the cultists get hung up on the most trivial things, proving the errors of their theology is like taking candy from a baby
All cultists destroy the true gospel, as they want top "assist" God to save them by having somehow meritorious good works!

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
There are 613 of them. The Law is a unit, an entirety.

Here's a bonus question to you: Are you capable of doing what Jesus did to justify himself as regards the Law?

Prologue:
AV Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ.

Okay, divide the shadow from the spiritual reality in "the body [is] of Christ" then ???
There are 613 of them. The Law is a unit, an entirety.
AV Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

You need evidence from GOD's words to state that, your opinion is unacceptable.
Here's a bonus question to you: Are you capable of doing what Jesus did to justify himself as regards the Law?
Newsflash, Jesus sanctified himself, not justified. In order to justify himself Jesus had to sin first. I see you did not see through the wording I put in the question.

How do you recover from an error that large ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Back