Sabbath Day Salvation

YeshuaFan

"God's judgement for your salvation is based up your faith in Jesus' righteousness being substituted for your own.", Okay, I see sabbath in "Jesus' righteousness", where is Sunday/'first day' righteousness then ???

AV Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
AV Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

"God's judgement for your eternal rewards is based upon your works.", Like 'iniquit'ies versus righteousness ???

I'm looking for the day, when living men step between GOD and GOD's People in judgment, concerning the Fourth Commandment written by GOD's Own Finger. It should be pretty clear on that day what is blasphemy.

The day is coming, when many will need to stop vacillating between GOD's Truth and man's opinions.

Yours in Christ, Michael
ALL who are trustin g in Sabbath keeping to save them shall hear those sad words" Depart from me, as I never knew you"

YeshuaFan

The Bible tells us that if we believe in Jesus as our savior and claim his righteouness as our own we are saved. Nothing in there about if we believe in Jesus as our savior and also the sabbath we are saved. You have added a condition not found in the Bible.
The Sabbath was NEVER placed by God back upon the Church!

JonHawk

And the women who had come with Him from Galilee followed after, and they observed the tomb...prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment. Luke 23:55-56
So you have found that Sunday/first day verse, in Jesus' flesh walk for us to follow then ???
Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women came to the tomb... But they found the stone rolled away...

Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem. And they talked together of all these things which had happened. Then Jesus asked them, “What are you discussing with one another as you walk along?”
One of them, named Cleopas, answered Him, “Are you the only stranger visiting Jerusalem who is unaware of the things which have happened here in these days?” And they replied, “The things about Jesus of Nazareth, who was a prophet powerful in deed and word in the sight of God and all the people, and how the chief priests and our rulers handed Him over to be sentenced to death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel...
Then Jesus said to them, “O foolish men, and slow of heart to trust and believe in everything that the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and then enter His glory?” Luke 24

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ; 2 Corinthians 2:14

It was to this end that He called you through our gospel [the good news of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection], so that you may share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 2:14

Last edited:

Common Tater

So you have found that Sunday/first day verse, in Jesus' flesh walk for us to follow then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Jesus' flesh walk also included observing Passover and all the other Jewish feasts and festivals. Yet you don't do those things.

I'm not a Jew. I am not under the Mosaic Covenant and have no need to observe the sign of that covenant. You need to read the Jerusalem Council's decision in Acts 15 and how Gentile converts are not required to put themselves under the Mosaic Law. You need to read Romans 14's statements on principles of conscience. Examples like how one person sees certain days as holy whereas another sees all days as the same, let each be convinced in their own mind. And then you really need to read Colossians 2 and how you are not to judge others in respects to feasts, festivals, or the Sabbath, all of which are mere shadows, the reality of which is Christ.

And most of all, as just a run of the mill mainstream Christian, i wish you would quit flogging this outright lie about sunday sabbatarianism. I know so few Christians who view sunday as a sabbath. It is simply the day that we meet to worship our Lord and Savior, and celebrate his resurrection. We go about the rest of the day as we would any other.

Buzzard

''

Yours in Christ,Michael
And most of all, as just a run of the mill mainstream Christian, i wish you would quit flogging this outright lie about sunday sabbatarianism. I know so few Christians who view sunday as a sabbath. It is simply the day that we meet to worship our Lord and Savior, and celebrate his resurrection. We go about the rest of the day as we would any other.
" i wish you would quit flogging this outright lie about sunday sabbatarianism."

A wicked an Evil generation seek after a sign

No; I like Michael's post about Sunday laws;
the more he Rants and Rails about a Sunday Law
the more he shows his own deception
hopefully he keeps postin

Raging waves of the sea,
foaming out their own shame;
wandering stars,
to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

and Michael says
Sunday Law, a Sunday Law
just lookin for a Sign,
just lookin for a Sign
just lookin for a Sign
just lookin for a Sign
A Sunday Law, A Sunday Law, A Sunday Law, A Sunday Law,

that's the sign we be lookin for
Amos 5:18

Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord!
to what end is it for you?
the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.
and Michael tells us over and over by his post
He cannot wait till these things come to pass
so he can start the stoning of anyone not bowing to the authority of the McNuttlies of the SDA

SDAchristian

Prologue:
Many infer sabbath keepers as Jews.
" i wish you would quit flogging this outright lie about sunday sabbatarianism."
Will Catholics lead the world into killing Jews(Which Jesus was one of.) again, because they will not keep Sunday as a sabbath ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
Jesus' birth and death are celebrated once a year, without both those there is no resurrection possible.

Noting Silence: The days following Jesus' resurrection, where are the report of Sunday keeping in Jesus' example, before ascension ???

Have we ever consider that baptism represents these items as Biblically well. So conceptually, why are there not rebaptisms every Sunday then ???
AV Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

The ones who have the Holy Spirit guiding them, understand and recognize "the darkness of this world", "spiritual wickedness in high [places]".

I can only conclude that these things are beyond your spiritual comprehension, for now.

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

But GOD will enlighten you later for your final decision.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV 1C 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
Jesus' flesh walk also included observing Passover and all the other Jewish feasts and festivals. Yet you don't do those things.
Which do you do, Communion or Passover supper ??? Which is reality, and which is a shadow ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

Prologue:
Buzzard said:
Will Catholics lead the world into killing Jews(Which Jesus was one of.) again, because they will not keep Sunday as a sabbath ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
================================
Ahhhh Michael;
I did not say this
" i wish you would quit flogging this outright lie about sunday sabbatarianism.""

that was a quote from
Common Tater said:
====================================================
Can you SDA's be honest and not bear false witness;

I for one, love your post;
it shows the other posters and lurkers
just how dishonest and how far out in Loo-Loo Land your are

SDAchristian

I'm not a Jew. I am not under the Mosaic Covenant and have no need to observe the sign of that covenant. You need to read the Jerusalem Council's decision in Acts 15 and how Gentile converts are not required to put themselves under the Mosaic Law. You need to read Romans 14's statements on principles of conscience. Examples like how one person sees certain days as holy whereas another sees all days as the same, let each be convinced in their own mind. And then you really need to read Colossians 2 and how you are not to judge others in respects to feasts, festivals, or the Sabbath, all of which are mere shadows, the reality of which is Christ.
The spiritual reality of authority among men, is control of man's behavior.

Either GOD controls man's behavior or we let men have that control over us.

Your true source of authority will be tested to the limits of true control over another person's life.

Let us agree to disagree, until GOD shows us both the Truth in Jesus. Until man tries to remove GOD's free will choice to us all.

I say GOD's authority is in the sabbath sign with GOD's Words as proof. You say GOD's authority is in the Sunday sign without GOD's Own Words. Let GOD punish for these sins and not man.

Check question: Are the Jews, still GOD's people ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
================================
Ahhhh Michael;
I did not say this
" i wish you would quit flogging this outright lie about sunday sabbatarianism.""

that was a quote from
Common Tater said:
====================================================
Can you SDA's be honest and not bear false witness;

I for one, love your post;
it shows the other posters and lurkers
just how dishonest and how far out in Loo-Loo Land your are
I left your post intact, per CARM rules. Anyone can follow the post back via quote links.

But your welcome for assuming no one else knows that !!!

GOD will judge, if your witness is true, with proper consequences !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Common Tater

Your true source of authority will be tested to the limits of true control over another person's life.

Let us agree to disagree, until GOD shows us both the Truth in Jesus. Until man tries to remove GOD's free will choice to us all.

I say GOD's authority is in the sabbath sign with GOD's Words as proof. You say GOD's authority is in the Sunday sign without GOD's Own Words. Let GOD punish for these sins and not man.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Once again you accuse me of being a sunday sabbatarian. I do not see sunday as a special day. I see all days as the same. Are you being purposely obtuse or are you being mendacious?

Common Tater

Prologue:
AV 1C 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Which do you do, Communion or Passover supper ??? Which is reality, and which is a shadow ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
I take Communion, as Jesus said this do in remembrance of me. Communion is the remembrance sign of the New Covenant, just as the Sabbath was the remembrance sign of the Old.

Buzzard

Common Tater said:
You have added a condition not found in the Bible.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Michael says
SDAchristian said:
The reason I ask, Jesus said satan would impersonate Jesus being on earth, before Jesus' actual second advent.

Yours in Christ, Michael
==============================================
So Michael;
have you found where Christ said
"satan would impersonate Jesus " before Jesus' actual second advent.

Rev.22:18​
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book,​
If any man shall add unto these things,​
God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:​

to add to the words of Christ; is to be a false witness and a Liar
Looks like Michael and the McNuttlies of the SDA are in for a few plagues

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Common Tater

Yours in Christ, Michael
God made clear that the sabbath was the sign of the Mosaic Covenent between Him and the Children of Israel.
Hebrews told us that covenent was becoming obsolete. That covenent was completely over with the destruction od the Temple in ad70.
For those of us who have been baptized into Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave or free man, male or female.

Common Tater

Noting Silence: The days following Jesus' resurrection, where are the report of Sunday keeping in Jesus' example, before ascension ???
Once again, you are trying to imply that Chrisitians believe that the sabbath was changed from saturday to sunday. Most of us do not. You keep throwing that lie out there. Sabbath was always on the seventh day. The Lord's Day has always been on the first. It isn't a holy day, it is simply the day most of Christianity meets on to celebrate our Risen Lord. If you wish to meet on a different day for corporate worship, the Christian liberty given you in passages such as Romans 14 allows such a thing. Where Adventists go off the reservation is in making it a condition of salvation, which it is not. It was the remembrance sign of the old covenent, not the new.

YeshuaFan

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
No, but will God damn all who worship on Sunday if they have Jesus as Lord and savior?

YeshuaFan

Once again, you are trying to imply that Chrisitians believe that the sabbath was changed from saturday to sunday. Most of us do not. You keep throwing that lie out there. Sabbath was always on the seventh day. The Lord's Day has always been on the first. It isn't a holy day, it is simply the day most of Christianity meets on to celebrate our Risen Lord. If you wish to meet on a different day for corporate worship, the Christian liberty given you in passages such as Romans 14 allows such a thing. Where Adventists go off the reservation is in making it a condition of salvation, which it is not. It was the remembrance sign of the old covenent, not the new.
the Church never changed the Sabbath. was still given to israel, but did see Sunday as the Lords Day under the new Covenant!