Sabbath Day Salvation

If our salvation is based on observing the seventh day sabbath, does that mean the Jews already have salvation without Jesus?
Moreover, they have done this to Me: they have defiled My sanctuary on the same day and have profaned My Sabbaths. Ezek 23:38

They have made no distinction between the holy and the profane, they have not taught [people] the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they hide their eyes from My Sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. Ezek 22:26

I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the Lord made them holy. Ezek 20:12

“On that day, they will be Mine. I will acknowledge them and declare them to be My own people. And I will have compassion on them and spare them as a man spares his own son. Then you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between the one who serves God and the one who does not serve Him." Mal 3:17-18

For both Jesus who sanctifies and those who are sanctified [that is, spiritually transformed, made holy, and set apart for God’s purpose] are all from one Father;

For this reason He has become a merciful and faithful High Priest in things related to God, to make atonement (propitiation) for the people’s sins [thereby wiping away the sin, satisfying divine justice, and providing a way of reconciliation between God and mankind]. Heb 2:11-17

Moreover, they have done this to Me: they have defiled My sanctuary on the same day and have profaned My Sabbaths. Ezek 23:38

They have made no distinction between the holy and the profane, they have not taught [people] the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they hide their eyes from My Sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. Ezek 22:26

I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the Lord made them holy. Ezek 20:12

“On that day, they will be Mine. I will acknowledge them and declare them to be My own people. And I will have compassion on them and spare them as a man spares his own son. Then you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between the one who serves God and the one who does not serve Him." Mal 3:17-18

For both Jesus who sanctifies and those who are sanctified [that is, spiritually transformed, made holy, and set apart for God’s purpose] are all from one Father;

For this reason He has become a merciful and faithful High Priest in things related to God, to make atonement (propitiation) for the people’s sins [thereby wiping away the sin, satisfying divine justice, and providing a way of reconciliation between God and mankind]. Heb 2:11-17

In the context of Ez 22, 26 WHO is "they" ?

In the context of Ez 20,12 who is "THEM"?

In the context of Mal 3: 17 -18 who is "they" & "them"?

In the context of Ez 22, 26 WHO is "they" ?

In the context of Ez 20,12 who is "THEM"?

In the context of Mal 3: 17 -18 who is "they" & "them"?
False priests.

Who did He give rest from their labor? Obviously His people.
For indeed we have had the good news [of salvation] preached to us, just as the Israelites also but the message they heard did not benefit them, because it was not united with faith [in Christ] by those who heard.
For we [believers] have become partakers of Christ [sharing in all that the Messiah has for us], do enter that rest. Heb 3

Saved people. “Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will prepare and clear the way before Me. And the Lord [the Messiah], whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; the Messenger of the covenant...Mal 3

He is, first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then he is also king of Salem, which means king of peace. 3 Without ancestral line, without beginning of days nor ending of life but having been made like the Son of God, He remains a priest forever. Heb 7
Who became the source of eternal salvation for all who hear him. Heb 5:9

Last edited:
If our salvation is based on observing the seventh day sabbath, does that mean the Jews already have salvation without Jesus?
Do Seventh Day Adventists actually believe that someday their salvation will depend on what day they go to church?

I'm a former 3rd and 4th gen SDA and the answer is yes. Attending church on sunday is the mark of the beast. Oh, and we are all going to rise up and try and kill them for saturday worship.
Thanks. I guess to them Jesus' atonement means nothing and we are not saved by grace. I guess that makes them a cult.

Oh yes most definitely there will be a Sunday law. Revelation is all about persecuting the SDA’s.
Only SDA’s in the last days will go to heaven
Thanks for answering. Only those who have put their trust in Jesus' sacrifice will go to heaven according to the apostles. This is what happens when people abandon apostolic authority and start following false teachers. I wasn't sure how they really believed. I was solicited by them recently. Now I know how to respond.

Rev.2:1'
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write:
To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna,

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;
And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end,
to him will I give power over the nations:

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God,

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,
even as I also overcame,​

is there an Eighth Church I missed somewhere ?????

Thanks. I guess to them Jesus' atonement means nothing and we are not saved by grace. I guess that makes them a cult.
Well, hold onto your hat. Here is a link to a paper by one of their own theologians that points out that virtually the entire leadership of the early SDA church was either Arian or Semi-Arian. They claim to be trinitarian now, but it differs from the Christian doctrine of the Trinity. Adventism believes that the Godhead consists of three separate beings, not One Being that exists as Three co-equal, co-eternal, and consubstantial Persons. They also believe that the Atonement was not completed at the Cross.

Oh yes most definitely there will be a Sunday law. Revelation is all about persecuting the SDA’s.
Only SDA’s in the last days will go to heaven

It is indefensible crap such as you reveal (and I also know of their position) that makes me dislike their theology so much. It is not found in Scripture alone, and in context; therefore, they are preaching a doctrine of the devil, by "tickling the ears" of those who are uneducated, and unwilling to read Scripture. to see if things are so.

Yeah, watch for the response shouted from the Romper Room: "You have cooties!" "You have cooties!" I post about their rotten theology which they cannot defend, but they respond by going personal.

Well, hold onto your hat. Here is a link to a paper by one of their own theologians that points out that virtually the entire leadership of the early SDA church was either Arian or Semi-Arian. They claim to be trinitarian now, but it differs from the Christian doctrine of the Trinity. Adventism believes that the Godhead consists of three separate beings, not One Being that exists as Three co-equal, co-eternal, and consubstantial Persons. They also believe that the Atonement was not completed at the Cross.
Can you post the link, please? 😊

--Rich

Can you post the link, please? 😊

--Rich
Sorry, that was kind of dumb of me.

Let me also provide you with a quote from the Seventh-Day Adventist Quarterly, 1998 4th Quarter, Lesson 3 October 10 to 16: "KEY THOUGHT: One of the mysteries of God's being and nature is that the Godhead consists of three divine Beings, unified in purpose and action but distinct in personality." Look it up for yourself at this link.

You will also find numerous Adventists pastors such as Doug Batchelor defining the Godhead as three beings. If you know any Adventist pastors, ask them if they attest to the Nicene Creed. You'll get a no, and find him taking a very meandering and vague path to get to that no.

The fact that virtually all of the early church leaders were arian was not something that we were made aware of growing up in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Now, Adventist theologians try to make the case that it was Ellen White, with her publication of Desire of Ages in 1898 that began to turn the church away from arianism and toward the "truth" of what they call the "biblical trinity". This was actually one of the things that convinced me that Ellen White was a false prophet. She spent the 1840s up through the 1890s worried about things like the reform dress, pork consumption and her "health message", and the Sabbath, never addressing something so fundamental to Christianity, that is, that our Lord Jesus Christ is eternal God the Son, not a created being.

Last edited:
Prologue:
Been busy since this thread started. I will go backwards through your replies, and offer a second opinion.
Point to note: Not all SDA members understand SDA doctrines as they should. Noting the many formers SDA members giving their opinions on this thread.
Thanks for answering. Only those who have put their trust in Jesus' sacrifice will go to heaven according to the apostles. This is what happens when people abandon apostolic authority and start following false teachers. I wasn't sure how they really believed. I was solicited by them recently. Now I know how to respond.
AV Mt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Does "Jesus' sacrifice" equal "my blood of the new testament" ???

Did "my blood of the new testament" change the spiritual definition of "the remission of sins", at the time Jesus said this ???

I will be brief, Did Jesus' "my blood of the new testament" atone for sabbath sins ???

These are enough questions to start to determine earnestness between us.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:
Been busy since this thread started. I will go backwards through your replies, and offer a second opinion.
Point to note: Not all SDA members understand SDA doctrines as they should. Noting the many formers SDA members giving their opinions on this thread.

AV Mt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Does "Jesus' sacrifice" equal "my blood of the new testament" ???

Did "my blood of the new testament" change the spiritual definition of "the remission of sins", at the time Jesus said this ???

I will be brief, Did Jesus' "my blood of the new testament" atone for sabbath sins ???

These are enough questions to start to determine earnestness between us.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Jesus' blood atones for all sins.

Prologue:
AV Ac 24:5 For we have found this man [a] pestilent [fellow], and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect{G139 hairesis} of the Nazarenes:

I would advise caution in name calling after the conventions of men.
AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

"I guess that makes them a cult.", You are entitled to express your own opinions. Just remember that GOD's Omniscience will judge those words for Truth to a lie.

"I guess to them Jesus' atonement means nothing ...", We are back to the definition of sin then, are we not ???

What is YOUR opinion of the definition of sin then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Sorry, that was kind of dumb of me.
No problem. Shows you're human! 😉
Let me also provide you with a quote from the Seventh-Day Adventist Quarterly, 1998 4th Quarter, Lesson 3 October 10 to 16: "KEY THOUGHT: One of the mysteries of God's being and nature is that the Godhead consists of three divine Beings, unified in purpose and action but distinct in personality."
Something this simplistic is a mystery??
You will also find numerous Adventists pastors such as Doug Batchelor defining the Godhead as three beings. If you know any Adventist pastors, ask them if they attest to the Nicene Creed. You'll get a no, and find him taking a very meandering and vague path to get to that no.
Sorry, I live in KJVO-Baptist land. (Although I've heard that the KJVO myth is derived from an SDA's work!)

Thanks again,
--Rich

Prologue:
Actually, I find this question worded properly.
Do Seventh Day Adventists actually believe that someday their salvation will depend on what day they go to church?
"Do Seventh Day Adventists actually believe that someday their salvation will depend on what day they go to church?", Short answer is Yes.

Is "that someday" today, No.

Will the first/sun day people make first/sun day a salvific issue, in the future with the laws of men and governments, YES !!!

AV Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

A future theocracy is not hard to spot at all. Are you ready for it's fulfillment ???

Just a note of comparison, in GOD's theocracy, had sabbath sins as a punishable sin with death.

Do you realize, how satan has counterfeits of GOD's authority ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:
Back