Sabbath Day Salvation

Prologue:
AV Jn 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
Do you eat the passover lamb?
AV 1C 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Are you referring to type("shadow") or anti-type("reality") ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:
AV Jn 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
Do you faithfully observe all the feasts and festivals?
AV Mt 17:24-27 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute [money] came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? 25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? 26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. 27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Were the "all the feasts and festivals" for sinners ???

Were the "all the feasts and festivals" types("shadows") or anti-types("spiritual reality")???

If you can, separate theocracy(spiritual government) issues from spiritual sin issues ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Jesus, also non-sinning & phylacteries wearing.
Do you follow Jesus' example in these areas? If not why not?
AV Col 3:5-17 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: 6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: 7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. 8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. 9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 And have put on{G1746 enduo} the new [man], which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: 11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all. 12 Put on{G1746 enduo} therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye. 14 And above all these things [put on] charity, which is the bond of perfectness. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Did Jesus' physical clothes(for the Jew's benefit) affect Jesus' spiritual clothes for all of us ???

Which should we wear ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Jesus was observant of Hanukkah which means Jesus believed the temple was cleaned prior to His Incarnation.
Do you follow Jesus' example in these areas? If not why not?
Thank you for your statement of opinion. Or your synopsis of an other's opinion ???
AV Jn 10:22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

This is a calendar note in the narrative, not an act of active participation. I will comment on this, Jesus was around people, and the people were there for "the feast of the dedication".

AV Hb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
AV Dn 8:13-14 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain [saint] which spake, How long [shall be] the vision [concerning] the daily [sacrifice], and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

You do realize, these things do have proper spiritual connections, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Still no verse in the bible then? Your creating straw man arguments
AV Zch 13:6 And [one] shall say unto him, What [are] these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, [Those] with which I was wounded [in] the house of my friends.

Friendly Fire, by everyone.

"Still no verse in the bible then?", Do you believe that the Bible contains enough information for you to make a free will decision from both GOD's perspective and GOD's enemies' perspective ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

I think you're missing the point, Mr Buzzard.
Mike claims that God won't do anything of the magnitude he makes a claim for in his posts without foretelling the event.
However...
Mike claims that his Sunday law garbage will happen without God bothering to tell anyone about it.
Need I explain the contradiction?
Now, why would God look for other revelation means? His Word is final.
AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Fulfilled or unFulfilled ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Fulfilled or unFulfilled ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Searching high and low
Searching down below
No Sunday law here at all
I don't think you even bothered to read what I had posted. It remains factual and uncontested.

Prologue:
AV Mt 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
AV Mk 3:4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

Thank you for offering your opinion !!!

AV Ex 20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:

Seeing that GOD knows. How much property do I own, in relationship to the identified relationships to me, for you to have commented on it ???

Please remember GOD will review your answer(s) for Truth and your ignorance of it.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Leaving questions unanswered and a statement uncontested forces the conclusion that Common Tater's point is valid. If you're to live under the dictates of the Mosaic Covenant, why then do you reject its tenets?
Psalm 119:126
It is time for You to act, O Lord, For they have regarded Your law as void.

Last edited:
Thank you for your statement of opinion. Or your synopsis of an other's opinion ???
AV Jn 10:22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

This is a calendar note in the narrative, not an act of active participation. I will comment on this, Jesus was around people, and the people were there for "the feast of the dedication".

AV Hb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
AV Dn 8:13-14 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain [saint] which spake, How long [shall be] the vision [concerning] the daily [sacrifice], and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

You do realize, these things do have proper spiritual connections, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
I read Python's post. His wasn't opinion, but rather biblical fact of history.
We've already quoted Hebrews 10:26-31 for you, which you ignored.
We've already read Dr Raymond Cottrell's attempt to defend the Adventist spin on Daniel 8:13-14, which he and the leading scholars of the SDA church's academia found to be impossible to reconcile with Scripture.

I'm convinced that you aren't reading what's been presented to you.

One who will not read
has no advantage over
one who cannot read.
Both are illiterate.

The result is that you can't defend your bizarre unbiblical beliefs.

"Still no verse in the bible then?", Do you believe that the Bible contains enough information for you to make a free will decision from both GOD's perspective and GOD's enemies' perspective ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Pretty plain to see you don't consider Scripture to be your final authority, so 2 Timothy 3 is lost on you.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

"A legal religion can never lead souls to Christ; for it is a loveless, Christless religion. Our own works can never purchase salvation." DOA
What does DOA stand for, dead on arrival?
DOA = Desire Of Ages
If this was sarcasm, It was not funny or loving.
DA 280.2 said:
A legal religion can never lead souls to Christ; for it is a loveless, Christless religion. Fasting or prayer that is actuated by a self-justifying spirit is an abomination in the sight of God. The solemn assembly for worship, the round of religious ceremonies, the external humiliation, the imposing sacrifice, proclaim that the doer of these things regards himself as righteous, and as entitled to heaven; but it is all a deception. Our own works can never purchase salvation.
Editing is noted without ellipsis without a proper/common reference of source.

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk said:
"A legal religion can never lead souls to Christ; for it is a loveless, Christless religion. Our own works can never purchase salvation." DOA
What does DOA stand for, dead on arrival?
DOA = Desire Of Ages
If this was sarcasm, It was not funny or loving.
Nor do I find it amusing, but If you're working for salvation, you're indeed dead in transgressions.

“I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen. I was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the true Witness to the Laodiceans..” (Spiritual Gifts, vol. 1, pp. 184, 185)​
“The message to the Laodiceans is applicable to SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS who have... not walked in the light.” (2 Selected Messages p. 66)​
What was she referring to SDAc, walking in the lesser light/sop, or in the light of the kingdom of the Son? (Col 1:12-15)

Last edited:
Prologue:
AV Mt 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Did Jesus lie, to make your opinion a Truth ???

AV Mt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Or you accusing of something else ???

AV 1C 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

What does Paul know, that you do not, to comment against Paul's understanding ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
So you pick and choose which things Jesus did that you'll do also?

I totally agree with Paul. I agree with him, James, and the rest of the Jerusalem Council in Acts 15 that gentiles need not put themaelves under the Torah to become Christians. I agree with Paul's letter to the Galartians that we need not put ourselves under the Sinaitic Covenant, a covenant between God and Israel alone.
Funny how you demand that we follow Jesus' ezample and then when I ask if you follow him with specific examples, you turn to Paul to show you need not do so.

Prologue:
AV Jn 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

AV 1C 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Are you referring to type("shadow") or anti-type("reality") ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
An ezcellent point. Let me point you to Colossians 2:16 and 17, where Paul tells us that the Sabbath is a mere shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

Prologue:
AV Jn 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

AV Mt 17:24-27 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute [money] came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? 25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? 26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. 27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Were the "all the feasts and festivals" for sinners ???

Were the "all the feasts and festivals" types("shadows") or anti-types("spiritual reality")???

If you can, separate theocracy(spiritual government) issues from spiritual sin issues ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
What on earth does paying taxes have to do with observing feast and festivals?

So you pick and choose which things Jesus did that you'll do also?

I totally agree with Paul. I agree with him, James, and the rest of the Jerusalem Council in Acts 15 that gentiles need not put themaelves under the Torah to become Christians. I agree with Paul's letter to the Galartians that we need not put ourselves under the Sinaitic Covenant, a covenant between God and Israel alone.
Is God the God of Jews only? Is He not also the God of Gentiles [who were not given the Law]? Yes, of Gentiles also; Romans 3:29

They show that the requirements of the Law are written in their hearts; and their thoughts either accusing or acquitting them 16 on that day when, as my gospel proclaims, God will judge the secrets [all the hidden thoughts] of men through Christ Jesus; Rom 2

AV Col 3:5-17 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: 6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: 7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. 8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. 9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 And have put on{G1746 enduo} the new [man], which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: 11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all. 12 Put on{G1746 enduo} therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye. 14 And above all these things [put on] charity, which is the bond of perfectness. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Did Jesus' physical clothes(for the Jew's benefit) affect Jesus' spiritual clothes for all of us ???

Which should we wear ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Phylacteries were hardly "clothing" it was a religious requirement - if you were a male Jew and observant of "The Law" - you complied. If you of the mind of Korah I'm sure the excuses for not complying were a dime a dozen.

As Victor said, the Festival of Lights recognizes a Jewish reality of religious significance.

Is God the God of Jews only? Is He not also the God of Gentiles [who were not given the Law]? Yes, of Gentiles also; Romans 3:29

They show that the requirements of the Law are written in their hearts; and their thoughts either accusing or acquitting them 16 on that day when, as my gospel proclaims, God will judge the secrets [all the hidden thoughts] of men through Christ Jesus; Rom 2
Phylacteries were hardly "clothing" it was a religious requirement - if you were a male Jew and observant of "The Law" - you complied. If you of the mind of Korah I'm sure the excuses for not complying were a dime a dozen.

As Victor said, the Festival of Lights recognizes a Jewish reality of religious significance.
The Gentiles are now joint heirs [with the Jews] and members of the same body, and joint partakers [sharing] in the [same divine] promise in Christ Jesus through [their faith in] the good news [of salvation]. 7 Of this [gospel] I was made a minister by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of His power. Eph 3

The Gentiles are now joint heirs [with the Jews] and members of the same body, and joint partakers [sharing] in the [same divine] promise in Christ Jesus through [their faith in] the good news [of salvation]. 7 Of this [gospel] I was made a minister by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of His power. Eph 3

We are joint heirs of the promise which existed prior to and apart from Judaism...

Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers, 9 and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written:
“For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles, And sing to Your name.”
10 And again he says: “Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people!” Rom 15
We are joint heirs of the promise which existed prior to and apart from Judaism...

This same covenant of grace was renewed to Abraham in the promise, “In thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.” Genesis 22:18. This promise pointed to Christ. So Abraham understood it (see Galatians 3:8, 16), and he trusted in Christ for the forgiveness of sins. It was this faith that was accounted unto him for righteousness. The covenant with Abraham also maintained the authority of God's law. The Lord appeared unto Abraham, and said, “I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.” Genesis 17:1. The testimony of God concerning his faithful servant was, “Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.” Genesis 26:5. And the Lord declared to him, “I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.” Genesis 17:7. RH 1907

Back