Sabbath Day Salvation

AV Mt 22:17-22 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? 18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, [ye] hypocrites? 19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. 20 And he saith unto them, Whose [is] this image and superscription? 21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. 22 When they had heard [these words], they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

"taxes" and tithes has comparative and contrast components shared. Just like shadows and spiritual realities.

AV Mt 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

So you think, Jesus operated on types(shadows for sins) or anti-types(fulfillment in spiritual realities for sins) ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
I don't quite know what to make of how you apply scripture. You quote a passage about the temple tax when I ask if you follow Jesus'example and keep all the feasts and festivals. And when I ask what on earth the tax has to do with you following Jesus' example and keep all the feasts and festivals, you quote a passage about paying Roman taxes. What is the point you are trying to make? Your explanation so far has been pretty murky.

The only sin not able to be forgiven is committing Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit
A Wanna-be-Jew

EX.20:7
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain;
for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.​

That’s if you stop doing it David did. But many don’t and God knew Davids heart. He knows all our hearts and knows the ones He has chosen.
But back to the OP is salvation by a day or through Jesus Christ?
Only thru the death and resurrection of Jesus!

Actually yes, it is very clear in scripture that sexual immorality is a sin and can lose your salvation [👈 Thank you for this frank acknowledgement. I believe that is the correct conclusion. I wonder how well this will be received by the other critics on this forum who believe in once saved, always saved?]

Revelation 21:9 8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
1st Corinthians 6:12-20

The Body Is the Lord’s​

12 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. 14 Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be! 16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “The two shall become one flesh.” 17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

1st Corinthians 5::9-13
I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10 I did not at all meanwith the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Ephesians 5:3,5
But immorality or any impurity or greed must not be named among you as is proper among the saints. For this you know with certainty that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Salvation is through Jesus, David committed adultery and murder why wasn’t he stoned according to the Law?

Hi Formersda,

I'd really like to stay on topic. You asked a question about salvation as it relates to transgression of the Sabbath. I responded with the words of Jesus in which He utilized another one of the Ten Commandment covenant to illustrate that it is better to gouge out one's eye than to look at a woman lustfully and ultimately get thrown into hell. It sounds like you have no problem accepting the fact that the act of adultery can result in the loss of salvation yet now that you've been confronted with Jesus's frank acknowledgement of this fact you are attempting to reframe the question (see below).

Can you show me a New Testament verse that says we are to keep the seventh day sabbath? No you can’t. Jesus fulfilled all the Laws requirements on the cross.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I've started two threads which deal with this basic premise. "Ten Reasons I'm a Sabbatarian (Parts 1-5)" deals with the continuity of the Sabbath into the New Testament. There is no restatement of the Sabbath command. It's just there and everyone acknowledges it. Jesus does. The apostles do. Paul does. After Paul preaches to Jews on the Sabbath the Gentiles beg him to preach to them the following Sabbath. Paul doesn't take this golden opportunity to explain that the Sabbath isn't for them or that's its been abolished. He does as they request and the following Sabbath all the Gentiles come out to hear him preach.

Below👇is a portion of the thread mentioned above 👆

6. Gentiles Kept the Sabbath
Acts 13:42-45
So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God. But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul.

Some people suggest that Paul was evangelizing to Jews on the Sabbath and what better way to do that then to meet them on the day they all were gathering together? But in this text we see that after witnessing to the Jews in the synagogue that Gentiles begged Paul to preach these words "to them the next Sabbath." So if the Sabbath had ceased as a requirement and blessing of God, if it was not part of the New Covenant, if it was only for the Jew, then Paul need not wait an entire week to minister to the needs of these pleading Gentiles. Why wait seven days when tomorrow would work just fine? After all, as some people believe, the first day of the week is supposedly "the Lord's day"—a day to be honored in remembrance of Jesus's resurrection—so why not preach to them on this newly preferred day? Paul does not take this golden opportunity to inform these Gentiles that the Sabbath is passé and that it is no longer necessary to remember Jesus as the Creator. Instead, as someone who unashamedly "follow the example of Christ," he honors their Sabbath-keeping request.

So if Jesus, the apostles, Paul and Gentiles are all observing the Sabbath, on what basis do you think it's acceptable to forget what God commanded should be remembered? Where's the counter commandment to forget the Sabbath day? You can't find it cuz it's not there.

So answer my paraphrase of your opening post questions: According to Jesus is your salvation based on observing the command to not commit adultery? Did those Jews who observed this command already have salvation without Jesus?

I pray this helps.

YeshuaFan said:
The only sin not able to be forgiven is committing Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit
Buzzard said:
A Wanna-be-Jew

EX.20:7
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain;
for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Just was stating what Jesus said!

See / read the story of Korahs Rebellion

Jude
Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain,
and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward,
and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Numbers 26:9
the company of Korah, when they strove against the Lord:
And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah,
when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men:
and they became a sign.

Numbers 19:8
And Moses said unto Korah,
Hear, I pray you, ye sons of Levi:

9 Seemeth it but a small thing unto you,
that the God of Israel hath separated you from the congregation of Israel,
to bring you near to himself to do the service of the tabernacle of the Lord,
and to stand before the congregation to minister unto them?

10 And he hath brought thee near to him,
and all thy brethren the sons of Levi with thee:
and seek ye the priesthood also?
:(

Gentiles Kept the Sabbath
So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God. But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul.

At no point dies this prove anything you say in fact it’s actually boring to hear SDA gymnastics.
This is a description not a prescription

At no point dies this prove anything you say in fact it’s actually boring to hear SDA gymnastics.

Hi Formersda,

Sooo, basically you got . . . nothing 💨

In your last post you acknowledged that the premise of your opening post is inconsistent and incoherent. Let's stay focused. For the sake of argument, if committing adultery can result in loss of salvation, is it not consistent to likewise affirm that breaking another one of God's Ten Commandment covenant will have the same result?

In the above denial you are ignoring the example aspect. We're admonished to follow the example of Jesus (1 Peter 2:21). Paul says to follow his example (1 Corinthians 11:1). I believe your denial of the example of the Gentiles is based on a predetermined paradigm which is determined to forget what God commanded should be remembered. Tell me what you find objectionable about the day God said should be called a delight (Isaiah 58:13)? Tell me why you find a day for rest so much of a burden? Tell me why a weekly memorial to Jesus as the Creator is a problem? I don't think you even know why you're so eager to rid yourself of God's blessed and holy day of rest. Please try to articulate that because I think it will help you see the nebulous nature of your unbiblical position.

I pray this helps.

You've just demonstrated it again, you can convey a point - you just can't seem to do it with Bible verses.
JonHawk said:
Eventually it'll hit home and you'll figure out where I'm coming from.

The irony is that you two geniuses [BJ&TR] have no clue whether I was submerged in a water ritual back in the day.
BJ Bear said:
Since I am responding to what you are writing, what was done to you back in the day is outside the scope of consideration and response.
What I'm repeatedly posting is that since the blessing of the inheritance of faith, is granted by God through Christ, by grace through faith, one would most certainly be required to repent, turn to God.
BJ Bear said:
That is a myopic view of the matter.
The shortsighted person is the one has forgotten that atonement is provided on the basis of faith .
BJ Bear said:
Is there a particular reason why you didn't post your source or sources?
I've been repeatedly posting my source of salvation but your fixation is on your water ritual even though John pointed out that it was by water and by blood, (1 John 5:6) confirmed through Christ our High Priest:
He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. Heb 9:12

BJ Bear said:
If a person despised or denies Christ and baptism according to Acts 2, and the rest of Scripture, then that person is denying Christ since Acts 2 is the witness of one whose mind was opened by the risen Lord to understand the Scriptures, was an Apostle of the Christ,
And He opened their minds so they could understand that *the blessing was granted through the death and resurrection of Christ: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, Luke 24:44-49
As John also clearly taught, Their spiritual state
I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake. John 2:12
BJ Bear said:
Are you overlooking the "For" which begins verse 27? Paul is giving an explanation of verse 26. In other words, The Christian's faith is based upon his baptism into the crucified and risen Christ. It is an error to try and separate faith from it's content, from what the Lord has given men to believe.
Which of course you have already denied ever saying that dying to the old nature and being made new is on the basis of your water ritual.
There is only one life giver. Paul made it very clear that it was on the basis of faith that he was united to Christ, "Now Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Last edited:
pythons said:
You've just demonstrated it again, you can convey a point - you just can't seem to do it with Bible verses.
JonHawk said:

The irony is that you two geniuses [BJ&TR] have no clue whether I was submerged in a water ritual back in the day.
BJ Bear said:
Since I am responding to what you are writing, what was done to you back in the day is outside the scope of consideration and response.
What I'm repeatedly posting is that since the blessing of the inheritance of faith is granted by God through Christ, by grace through faith, one would most certainly be required to repent, turn to God.
BJ Bear said:
That is a myopic view of the matter.
The shortsighted person is the one has forgotten that atonement is provided on the basis of faith .
BJ Bear said:
Is there a particular reason why you didn't post your source or sources?
I've been repeatedly posting my source of salvation but your fixation is on your water ritual even though John pointed out that it was by water and by blood, (1 John 5:6) confirmed through Christ our High Priest:
He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. Heb 9:12
BJ Bear said:
If a person despised or denies Christ and baptism according to Acts 2, and the rest of Scripture, then that person is denying Christ since Acts 2 is the witness of one whose mind was opened by the risen Lord to understand the Scriptures, was an Apostle of the Christ,
And He opened their minds so they could understand that *the blessing was granted through the death and resurrection of Christ: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, Luke 24:44-49
I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake. John 2:12
BJ Bear said:
Are you overlooking the "For" which begins verse 27? Paul is giving an explanation of verse 26. In other words, The Christian's faith is based upon his baptism into the crucified and risen Christ. It is an error to try and separate faith from it's content, from what the Lord has given men to believe.
Which of course you have already denied ever saying that dying to the old nature and being made new is on the basis of your water ritual.
There is only one life giver. Paul made it very clear that it was on the basis of faith that he was united to Christ, "Now Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 1 John 5:4

Last edited:
Hi Formersda,

I'd really like to stay on topic. You asked a question about salvation as it relates to transgression of the Sabbath. I responded with the words of Jesus in which He utilized another one of the Ten Commandment covenant to illustrate that it is better to gouge out one's eye than to look at a woman lustfully and ultimately get thrown into hell. It sounds like you have no problem accepting the fact that the act of adultery can result in the loss of salvation yet now that you've been confronted with Jesus's frank acknowledgement of this fact you are attempting to reframe the question (see below).

I've started two threads which deal with this basic premise. "Ten Reasons I'm a Sabbatarian (Parts 1-5)" deals with the continuity of the Sabbath into the New Testament. There is no restatement of the Sabbath command. It's just there and everyone acknowledges it. Jesus does. The apostles do. Paul does. After Paul preaches to Jews on the Sabbath the Gentiles beg him to preach to them the following Sabbath. Paul doesn't take this golden opportunity to explain that the Sabbath isn't for them or that's its been abolished. He does as they request and the following Sabbath all the Gentiles come out to hear him preach.

So if Jesus, the apostles, Paul and Gentiles are all observing the Sabbath, on what basis do you think it's acceptable to forget what God commanded should be remembered? Where's the counter commandment to forget the Sabbath day? You can't find it cuz it's not there.

So answer my paraphrase of your opening post questions: According to Jesus is your salvation based on observing the command to not commit adultery? Did those Jews who observed this command already have salvation without Jesus?

I pray this helps.
There is NO NT verse that states that we under the NC are now still under the OT sabbath!

During the transition period from old to new only, as after NC firmly established, meeting now on the Lords day!!

Hi Formersda,

I pray this helps.
Jesus adminiostered under the law and Old Covenant, when the NC was ushwered in, the sabbath was no longer given nor binding in the NC Church!

Hi Formersda,

Sooo, basically you got . . . nothing 💨

In your last post you acknowledged that the premise of your opening post is inconsistent and incoherent. Let's stay focused. For the sake of argument, if committing adultery can result in loss of salvation, is it not consistent to likewise affirm that breaking another one of God's Ten Commandment covenant will have the same result?

In the above denial you are ignoring the example aspect. We're admonished to follow the example of Jesus (1 Peter 2:21). Paul says to follow his example (1 Corinthians 11:1). I believe your denial of the example of the Gentiles is based on a predetermined paradigm which is determined to forget what God commanded should be remembered. Tell me what you find objectionable about the day God said should be called a delight (Isaiah 58:13)? Tell me why you find a day for rest so much of a burden? Tell me why a weekly memorial to Jesus as the Creator is a problem? I don't think you even know why you're so eager to rid yourself of God's blessed and holy day of rest. Please try to articulate that because I think it will help you see the nebulous nature of your unbiblical position.

I pray this helps.
Must remember that Acts recorded the historical transisition from old to new Covenant, as now under the NC, 9 of the OT Commandments were brought back over to the Church, but the Sabbath never was!

JonHawk said:

What I'm repeatedly posting is that since the blessing of the inheritance of faith, is granted by God through Christ, by grace through faith, one would most certainly be required to repent, turn to God.

Unless one receiving water baptism already has faith in the Lord Jesus, they end up just getting all wet!

AV Mt 22:17-22 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? 18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, [ye] hypocrites? 19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. 20 And he saith unto them, Whose [is] this image and superscription? 21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. 22 When they had heard [these words], they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

"taxes" and tithes has comparative and contrast components shared. Just like shadows and spiritual realities.
Roman taxes and Jewish tithes. That is a stretch. You have butchered the context of what Jesus is saying in this passage. A roman tax is not a shadow of a jewish tithe.
They tempted Jesus with mixed authority from two different sources. And Jesus set them apart again. Who wants to be like Jesus in authority discrimination ???

AV Mt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Who wants to be like Jesus in love discrimination ???

AV Mt 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Truly the first test in love obedience !!!

My main point:
"the Festival of Lights", is of men's authority as a celebration, not GOD's authority. The reason, this is important, first/sun day is of men's authority, sabbath("my holy day") is of GOD's authority.

AV Lk 2:49-50 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? 50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

Jesus was everything about GOD's authority, and it made all the religious leaders, and parents upset when Jesus' walked on earth.

AV Jn 8:44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So they killed Jesus. And they will kill others, who put GOD's authority above men's authority in a day of rest and holiness.

We will see who claims ignorance of authority, when this becomes sight and sound to the whole world, as a fulfillment.

So who is "going with" a Theocracy's day of rest, by the laws of a Theocracy authority("Caesar's") ??? Be ready with your faith answer !!!

FYI: GOD's Authority determines who gets eternal life. And many will pay the price in ignorance, willing or not. Choose wisely !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Must remember that Acts recorded the historical transisition from old to new Covenant, as now under the NC, 9 of the OT Commandments were brought back over to the Church, but the Sabbath never was!
So says you, in your opinion !!!

AV Ja 2:10-12 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all. 11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

So you do not agree with James on understanding the purpose of the whole Decalogue ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Back