Sabbath Day Salvation

'''
Most over looked this clue from Michael;
about who will be doing the persecution / violence

SDAchristian said:
But will that disagreement end in dying(or killing) for a personal belief ???

Victor posted​

Resorting to threats of violence doesn't help your case, either.
Rev. 13:15
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast,
that the image of the beast should both speak,
and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast
should be killed.

SDAchristian said:
you are aware that the man killed in the Bible for violating sabbath, had GOD's judgment of death, done in works by the rest of the congregation, not angels nor by government.

Yours in Christ, Michael
SDAchristian said:
you are aware that the man killed in the Bible for violating sabbath, had GOD's judgment of death, done in works by the rest of the congregation, not angels nor by government.

Yours in Christ, Michael
=========================================

in Michael's mind;
anyone that doesn't keep Sabbath / 7th day as commanded by the
Elders of the SDAs = the sons of Haman of Hammedatha the Agagite,
and bow to their Authority is deserving of death
(See the book of Esther)
and they, as Michael posted
"
the congregation, not angels nor by government.​
will get to do the stoning

Beyond a shadow of a doubt
The SDA's led by a bunch of false prophets will be the persecuting power John spake of
and they, the SDA laity, whipped into a Satanic Mob by their Gods (Elders)
will stand in the courtyards of the Caesars of the Earth
and demand the Blood of those that will not Bow to them

AV Dt 6:5-6 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
AV Mt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
''Once again Yours in Christ, Michael puts keyboard in motion before engauging brain;
and post;
Deut.5:1​
And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them,​
Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day,​
that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.​
2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.​
3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers,​
but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.​
Michael;
Deut. ch 5 deals with the Sons of Israel
not even the Fathers that came before
so deal with it
you, Michael are not of the 12 Tribes
you are not even from the seed of Abraham;
you are a Gentile, not a jew
now accept it and live with it
---or suffer the consequences of this -----
the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews,​
and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.​
why Michael; do you cling too and espouse the words of Balaam ????
But I have a few things against thee,
because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam,
who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel,
to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication
AV Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

What does it mean, when you left out/edited out Jesus' quoting Dt 6:5-6, for our apologetic discussion ???

AV Ro 11:13-36 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation [them which are] my flesh, and might save some of them. 15 For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit [be] holy, the lump [is] also [holy]: and if the root [be] holy, so [are] the branches. 17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, [take heed] lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in [his] goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. 24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural [branches], be graffed into their own olive tree? 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance. 30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. 33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? 35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 36 For of him, and through him, and to him, [are] all things: to whom [be] glory for ever. Amen.

AV Ex 32:32-33 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. 33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Is GOD going to be True to GOD's Word about sin and "the book of life of the Lamb" ???

AV Re 13:8-9 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Does GOD have multiple "the book of life of the Lamb" for spiritual accounting ??? Are you listening yet ???

AV Mt 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

''Once again Yours in Christ, Michael", I am patient to wait for GOD's judge back into your life.

What doctrine are you discussing when you do "Yours in Christ, Michael" then ???
Does this mean, you will stop judging me with "Yours in Christ, Michael", and let GOD do the judging then ???
You do know the full definition of blasphemy in ad hominem, Right ???
What doctrine are you discussing when you do "Yours in Christ, Michael" then ???
At least, @Victor had some spiritual sense to stop doing the strikeout of my valediction in my posts.

Are you familiar with how ad hominem is performed or executed ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

That includes the posts I've written in the past.
We do not agree. But will that disagreement end in dying(or killing) for a personal belief ???
Resorting to threats of violence doesn't help your case, either.
Okay, I see where your mind and thought process went to, as an assumption.

AV Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Kind of depends on how a person views eschatology and it's relationship to this verse.

You do know how to recognize a theocracy, as a direct insult to GOD's Theocracy for Israel, in GOD's Authority(versus the beast's authority), Right ???

AV Mt 10:22-24 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. 23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. 24 The disciple is not above [his] master, nor the servant above his lord.

And they finally got Jesus killed too, to preserve the influence they had over Roman authority concerning the Jewish nation.

Your comment leaves me with the impression that you would align yourself with those who would be "should be killed"(Noting future tense), Does this reflect your understanding/belief then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:
Prologue:
The well known ad slogan for The National Enquirer supermarket tabloid – “Enquiring minds want to know” – passed that point long ago. The Enquirer trademarked the slogan in 1981. ... During the rest of the 1980s, the slogan was heavily used in print, radio and TV ads and soon became a pop culture catchphrase.
Beyond a shadow of a doubt
The SDA's led by a bunch of false prophets will be the persecuting power John spake of
and they, the SDA laity, whipped into a Satanic Mob by their Gods (Elders)
will stand in the courtyards of the Caesars of the Earth
and demand the Blood of those that will not Bow to them
I need to ask, do you consider yourself a prophet of future events now ???
Tabloid journalism is a popular style of largely sensationalist journalism (usually dramatized and sometimes unverifiable or even blatantly false), which takes its name from the format: a small-sized newspaper (half broadsheet). ... Publications engaging in tabloid journalism are known as rag newspapers.
Tabloid reporter takes evidence at hand(starting with pictures or rumors), and puts a spin or bias on it, for their own motivations.

Or, do you consider yourself a tabloid reporter, “Enquiring minds want to know” ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:
AV Ac 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers [did], so [do] ye. 52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept [it]. 54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with [their] teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

"they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One", And the second coming/advent of "the Just One", the pattern of denial.

AV 1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
This is another diversion.
The only reasonable conclusion that comes from SDAchristian's post is that he has nothing to support his whacko notion of Sunday being anything of interest. Instead he wastes his time questioning Scripture when he should employ his attention toward the source if this nonsense: EGW. Accepting the uninspired pathological liar non-prophet as God is demeaning and a form of idolatry.
AV Jn 16:13-15 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

I see this post in my opinion, as an answer void of the Holy Spirit's Omniscient influence, as your Free Will Choice from GOD.

The Truth of GOD, to be revealed in fulfillment in end time events.

Prophecy fulfillment is GOD's method of sorting people's understanding, in order to make a judgment of their love for GOD.

He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So they killed Jesus. And they will kill others, who put GOD's authority above men's authority in a day of rest and holiness.

AV Mt 25:45-46 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Signs, in end time events !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

At least, @Victor had some spiritual sense to stop doing the strikeout of my valediction in my posts.

Yours in Christ, Michael
I left your signature alone in my last post, which presented an appeal for you to come to Christ.
Which you ignored.

I spent some time reviewing this thread. I found a few items of interest:

The OP for the thread asks:​
If our salvation is based on observing the seventh day sabbath, does that mean the Jews already have salvation without Jesus?​
You wrote:​
"Do Seventh Day Adventists actually believe that someday their salvation will depend on what day they go to church?", Short answer is Yes.​
Formersda wrote:​
Is there salvation in Jesus or a day?​
You responded with:​
"Is there salvation in Jesus or a day?", Ask the Holy Spirit, and not the wrong spirit, for the righteous answer.​
(this is a non-answer)
I wrote:​
Why then are you hung up on a periodic Sabbath and ignoring God's rest it has led many of us to?​
Again show us a verse where it says your salvation is on a day not Christ.​
Pythons pointed out:​
Your answers are not relevant to the questions you're asked....​
...It's like you're asked what color of a car do you drive.​
...& you answer: your preferred method of cooking turkeys.​
Tell me where in scripture Sunday is the mark of the beast. Show me from scripture where the gentile was under Jewish law.​

Pythons has it nailed. These are questions you never responded to, just as you never responded to an appeal to repent of your sin and come to Jesus Christ. The final analysis is that you can't defend the notions you purport to believe, and your posts have convinced a few forum members visiting this sub-forum that the seventh-day Adventist church is a non-Christian cult.

I think it best to ignore the trolling until you answer some of these questions.

• Wow
Reactions: Mik
So says you, in your opinion !!!

AV Ja 2:10-12 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all. 11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

So you do not agree with James on understanding the purpose of the whole Decalogue ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
You have adapted the Roman catholic view on salvation i see!

Where does in it say in scriptures, they made a change in day, from sabbath to first/sun day then ???

Of course, your proof need to carry with the Authority of GOD's Own Words.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Show me ANY verse in the NT that states God placed the Church back under the jewish sabbath!

• Wow
Reactions: Mik
Your rules of evidence do not match my rules of evidence.

AV Jer 17:9-10 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the LORD search the heart, [I} try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings.

May GOD judge righteously between us, by GOD's Rules of Evidence.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Still waiting to see your scriptures regarding Sunday worship mark of the beast, and where Apostles placed Church back under Jewish sabbath!

This is a good question - the onus is on you to demonstrate that this theory of yours has ever happened. Others have provided evidence that outside of some Catholic opinions that probably divert from their own catechism, the notion of Sunday sabbatarianism is foreign to the Christian church. That includes the posts I've written in the past.
There is NO historical evidence that any early Church father nor any real Christian group from the first Century had had kept the Jewish sabbath, as they all saw it to be now on the Lords day!

Hi YeshuaFan,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I have a question. Have you ever attempted to verify this premise? I'm just asking cuz I've heard it a number of times and I'm aware that it's not true. One other commandment from the Ten Commandment covenant is not what you call "brought back over to the Church" in the new covenant. Do you think it's ok to take the Lord's name in vain now?

But that's not the topic of this thread. We're discussing whether one's salvation can be impacted by transgression of one of the Ten Commandment covenant. I showed that Jesus indicated that it's better to gouge out one's eye than to commit adultery by the act of lusting after a woman rather than for one's whole body to be thrown into hell (Translation: loss of salvation). Do you accept the words of Jesus? If so, then if you can lose your salvation for the sin of adultery, then is it not logical to conclude that one can lose their salvation for transgression of any of the other commandments written in that set of Ten? Including the Sabbath.

I pray this helps.
The sabbath was never given in the Bible to any but israel under the OC, was to be the sign of them having a Covenant relationship with God, but superceded now by the new relationship with God in the New Covenant now!

Hi YeshuaFan,

Who says the Sabbath was no longer binding in the NC church? Jesus kept the Sabbath and we're admonished to follow His example. Paul kept the Sabbath and he admonishes us to follow his example. The example of the Gentiles was to observe the Sabbath and none of the apostles corrected them and told them that we no longer remember the Sabbath and that now we observe Sunday in honor of the resurrection. Hmm. Have you ever pondered how willing Sunday keepers are to embrace something totally absent in the Scriptures? No where in the Bible is there any hint that Sunday is to replace the Sabbath as a day of assembly or rest or worship. In the NT Sunday continues to be designated "the first day." The first day in relation to what? :unsure: The seventh day, which maintains its venerated title, Sabbath!

Attempting to attach any spiritual significance to Sunday is the same as trying to find a biblical rationale for honoring Jesus's birthday. Jesus never asked for that and He never gave any indication that His blessed and holy day of rest which He said was "made for human beings" was to come to an end. In order for the Sabbath to be annulled we'd have to find the annulment in the words of Jesus before He died because nothing can be added to His will/testament once He died. Can you supply that text reference? No? Then you are adding something to Jesus's testament which He didn't. On what basis are you tinkering with the Lord's will/testament?

I pray this helps.
Jesus administered under the law, as the Old Covenant still was in force until the time of His death and resurrection, but NO Epistle of the NT proscribes that Church now still under the Jewish Sabbath!

Which things are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. Col 2:17

As the new heavens and the new earth Which I will make shall remain;
So it shall come to pass that from one Sabbath to another, All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord. Isaiah 66:22-24

And Paul reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 testifying that the Messiah had to suffer and was the firstborn from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,” Acts 17:2-3

I was in the Spirit [in communion with, empowered by the Holy Spirit to receive the revelation of Jesus Christ] on the Lord’s Day; Rev 1
Paul stated that all of thnose things were mere shadows and types, but not real and fulfilled in Christ Jesus!

The sabbath was never given in the Bible to any but israel under the OC, was to be the sign of them having a Covenant relationship with God, but superceded now by the new relationship with God in the New Covenant now!

Hi YeshuaFan,

This is a typical response from a critic of Adventism. Critics tend to ignore everything an Adventist writes and frequently post unrelated, unbiblically supported propaganda (see above). Your response has nothing to do with my response or the opening post.

Why aren't you specifically answering my question about verifying your own baseless assertion that nine of the ten commandments are "brought back over to the Church" in the new covenant? I'm willing to go down that divergent bunny trail, but I'm surmising you aren't. I guess you can feel free to take the Lord's name in vain now since there's no reassertion of that command? ;) Since I'm sure you don't feel free to do such nonsense you might want to consider what bias you bring to the table which allows you to throw out one commandment--which is affirmed by Jesus, the apostles, Paul, and the example of Gentiles, yet embrace another commandment which is not "brought back over to the Church."

I pray this helps.

Jesus administered under the law, as the Old Covenant still was in force until the time of His death and resurrection, but NO Epistle of the NT proscribes that Church now still under the Jewish Sabbath!

Hi YeshuaFan,

Again, you didn't address a single thing I wrote and instead supplied more propaganda with zero biblical support. Wouldn't it be more helpful to your spiritual experience and walk with God if you were to examine your beliefs instead of blindly holding on to them in spite of seeing they are biblically unsustainable?

I love your last three words highlighted in red. No where is the Sabbath ever called "the Jewish Sabbath." This is a myth the critics of Adventism like to attempt to slip by the unsuspecting. Perhaps that's what happened to you? I hope so as I'd hope someone wouldn't willingly embrace error and promote it as truth to intentionally mislead others.

What does Jesus say about the Sabbath? He says, "The Sabbath was made for human beings." No, He never says, "The Sabbath was made for Jews." Why not? Because when the Sabbath was "made" was "in the beginning" when things were made (Genesis 2:1-3). Guess what? There were no Jews when the Sabbath was made. Jesus knew that and that's why He said it was made for everyone 👍 That's good news!

The Bible doesn't say the Jews own the Sabbath as you insist. But you know who the Bible does say owns the Sabbath? 👇

Isaiah 58:13, 14
“If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the Lord’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, 14 then you will find your joy in the Lord, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.” For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
The Sabbath is the true Lord's day and its the only day God claims as His own.

I pray this helps.

Duet.5:1-9
And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them,
Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day,
that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers,
but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

4 The Lord talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

5 (I stood between the Lord and you at that time, to shew you the word of the Lord: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire,
and went not up into the mount;)
saying,

6 I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt,
from the house of bondage.

7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt,
and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm:
therefore
the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Icy;
were you there;
did he bring you out of Egypt ?????
the house of bondage ????????
were you a servant and a slave to Pharaoh ??????

Icy;
the Sabbath was not given even to the Fathers
that would include the rest of family of Abraham

The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers,
only to the Sons of Israel

Hi YeshuaFan,
“If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the Lord’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, 14 then you will find your joy in the Lord, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.” For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

I pray this helps.

I see you quote Isaiah 58
so lets go there vs.14

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord;
and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth,
and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father:
for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.​

Icy;
was Jacob your Father ??????

why do you claim the inheritance and steal it from those who it belongs too
Ex.20:15
Thou shalt not steal.​

Proverbs 9:17
Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.

18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there;
and that her guests are in the depths of

Last edited:
Prologue:
AV Ps 119:142 Thy righteousness [is] an everlasting righteousness, and thy law [is] the truth.

You are entitled to express your opinion(s) here on CARM as discussion.

"What is the point you are trying to make?", See my other post to you.

We are still in the free will choice benefit period offer to Earth's occupants.

AV Ac 5:1-11 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 2 And kept back [part] of the price, his wife also being privy [to it], and brought a certain part, and laid [it] at the apostles' feet. 3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. 5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried [him] out, and buried [him]. 7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. 8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. 9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband [are] at the door, and shall carry thee out. 10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying [her] forth, buried [her] by her husband. 11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

Here is an example of how liars will be judged.

AV Re 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Was Jesus' words Truth in perpetuity(G166) ???

AV Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

What is your testimony about GOD's Authority(as Creator) in sabbath then, to match "the testimony of Jesus Christ" and "the commandments of God" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
What does this answer have to do with my original question as to whether you follow Jesus' example and keep all the feasts and festivals?

I am not questioning God's authority. The fourth commandment was given to and directed at the Children of Israel. It was the sign of the Sinaitic Covenant between God and Israel, and Israel alone. I am not Jewish by birth and am not Jewish by religion either. I am not and have never been a party to the Covenant between God and Israel. Have a read on Acts 15.

They tempted Jesus with mixed authority from two different sources. And Jesus set them apart again. Who wants to be like Jesus in authority discrimination ???

AV Mt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Who wants to be like Jesus in love discrimination ???

AV Mt 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Truly the first test in love obedience !!!

My main point:
"the Festival of Lights", is of men's authority as a celebration, not GOD's authority. The reason, this is important, first/sun day is of men's authority, sabbath("my holy day") is of GOD's authority.

AV Lk 2:49-50 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? 50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

Jesus was everything about GOD's authority, and it made all the religious leaders, and parents upset when Jesus' walked on earth.

AV Jn 8:44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So they killed Jesus. And they will kill others, who put GOD's authority above men's authority in a day of rest and holiness.

We will see who claims ignorance of authority, when this becomes sight and sound to the whole world, as a fulfillment.

So who is "going with" a Theocracy's day of rest, by the laws of a Theocracy authority("Caesar's") ??? Be ready with your faith answer !!!

FYI: GOD's Authority determines who gets eternal life. And many will pay the price in ignorance, willing or not. Choose wisely !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
Did I even mention the Festival of Lights? What about all the feasts and festivals given in the Torah? Do you follow Jesus' example and keep all of those?

Hi YeshuaFan,

This is a typical response from a critic of Adventism. Critics tend to ignore everything an Adventist writes and frequently post unrelated, unbiblically supported propaganda (see above). Your response has nothing to do with my response or the opening post.

Why aren't you specifically answering my question about verifying your own baseless assertion that nine of the ten commandments are "brought back over to the Church" in the new covenant? I'm willing to go down that divergent bunny trail, but I'm surmising you aren't. I guess you can feel free to take the Lord's name in vain now since there's no reassertion of that command? ;) Since I'm sure you don't feel free to do such nonsense you might want to consider what bias you bring to the table which allows you to throw out one commandment--which is affirmed by Jesus, the apostles, Paul, and the example of Gentiles, yet embrace another commandment which is not "brought back over to the Church."

I pray this helps.
Which NT Epistles stated that the Church must observe the Jewish sabbath still?

Hi YeshuaFan,

Again, you didn't address a single thing I wrote and instead supplied more propaganda with zero biblical support. Wouldn't it be more helpful to your spiritual experience and walk with God if you were to examine your beliefs instead of blindly holding on to them in spite of seeing they are biblically unsustainable?

I love your last three words highlighted in red. No where is the Sabbath ever called "the Jewish Sabbath." This is a myth the critics of Adventism like to attempt to slip by the unsuspecting. Perhaps that's what happened to you? I hope so as I'd hope someone wouldn't willingly embrace error and promote it as truth to intentionally mislead others.

What does Jesus say about the Sabbath? He says, "The Sabbath was made for human beings." No, He never says, "The Sabbath was made for Jews." Why not? Because when the Sabbath was "made" was "in the beginning" when things were made (Genesis 2:1-3). Guess what? There were no Jews when the Sabbath was made. Jesus knew that and that's why He said it was made for everyone 👍 That's good news!

The Bible doesn't say the Jews own the Sabbath as you insist. But you know who the Bible does say owns the Sabbath? 👇

The Sabbath is the true Lord's day and its the only day God claims as His own.

I pray this helps.
was not a 24 hour day, was just given to Israel to observe under the Old Covenant!

Back