Sabbath Day Salvation

So you believe "Per Ellen White" now, and promote her teachings now ???

You are a class act hypocrite to teach her spiritual truths !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
I don't think he is saying he believes Ellen White. I think he is pointing out that she differs wildly with the Bible on this point and that those of you who do believe in her statements about not having a mediator are really up a creek.

I don't think he is saying he believes Ellen White. I think he is pointing out that she differs wildly with the Bible on this point and that those of you who do believe in her statements about not having a mediator are really up a creek.
Yes, as the Sda are in an impossible situation, as none save Jesus ever have kept the law as intended to by God, and yet EW stated they must confirm to it as he did to measure up!

So you believe "Per Ellen White" now, and promote her teachings now ???

You are a class act hypocrite to teach her spiritual truths !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
No, was stating that you as a Sda member have no hope in the IJ , as you will not have the Lord Jesus to mediate for you, and must trust in yourself to meet demands of the Law!

She also conveniently ignored prohibition against eating shellfish, as she relished oysters all life long!
According to data supplied by the long -absent poster Victor, Ellen was also addicted to vinegar-- she admitted it in a letter that she wrote.. I do remember reading it, but I cannot remember where it was. However, that is just scratching the surface of her deep fallibilities.

@Victor

According to data supplied by the long -absent poster Victor, Ellen was also addicted to vinegar-- she admitted it in a letter that she wrote.. I do remember reading it, but I cannot remember where it was. However, that is just scratching the surface of her deep fallibilities.

@Victor
any who thought that they could measure up to the standards of the law of God as she held would be very deluded!

@Victor
So what? A prophet is not infallible when not prophesying. She even complained that people take too much stock in "everything" she says, even when she says what she ate for breakfast.

So what? A prophet is not infallible when not prophesying. She even complained that people take too much stock in "everything" she says, even when she says what she ate for breakfast.
She was looked at by the sda as being just as inspired as an Isaiah or a Paul. and yet failed to see that God stated not to allow a woman to take spiritual authority over the man!

@Victor
"I had indulged the desire for vinegar. But I resolved with the help of God to overcome this appetite. I fought the temptation, determined not to be mastered by this habit. For weeks I was very sick; but I kept saying over and over, The Lord knows all about it. If I die, I die; but I will not yield to this desire. The struggle continued, and I was sorely afflicted for many weeks. All thought that it was impossible for me to live. You may be sure we sought the Lord very earnestly. The most fervent prayers were offered for my recovery. I continued to resist the desire for vinegar, and at last I conquered. Now I have no inclination to taste anything of the kind. This experience has been of great value to me in many ways. I obtained a complete victory." Counsels on Diet and Foods p. 485

Vinegar was just the thing to wash those oysters down with.

That addiction sounds a lot like alcoholism.

She was looked at by the sda as being just as inspired as an Isaiah or a Paul. and yet failed to see that God stated not to allow a woman to take spiritual authority over the man!

A prophet, whether God chooses a male or a female to speak His words is not a woman taking authority over man - they are the words of God, and He is not in submission to you.

Vinegar was just the thing to wash those oysters down with.

That addiction sounds a lot like alcoholism.

Well, some vinegar is fermented, and if one wants to have a sweet tasting vinegar, you add sugar. Guess what fermented sugar makes?

20170404-HEALTHYISH7251.jpg
https://assets.bonappetit.com/photo...er/w_1280,c_limit/20170404-HEALTHYISH7251.jpg

She was looked at by the sda as being just as inspired as an Isaiah or a Paul.
That part of your post is still applicable today. Just look at the reactions of SDA posters to those who post the negative but true things about Ellen

and yet failed to see that God stated not to allow a woman to take spiritual authority over the man!

That is a false parallelism. there is nothing similar between them, excepting speech. Having "authority" involves teaching; meaning "This is what the Bible says and means.

Prophesy involves repeating things that God has uniquely revealed to you which surely will happen. When such a thing happens about which I told my wife about, she says that it is "scary".

In a church I pastored below the Mason-Dixon line God revealed that a man was grooming his 11 years-old daughter to be the replacement for his first-born daughter who entered college three months later. My physical reaction was to take a knee to the ground, and wretch...

When visiting another couple in that same church God gave me a vision in their living room. When booth of them left suddenly say bunting from the flag of the Confederate Army hanging from the walls and ceiling. Having been in the mental health field, I knew that having visions was sign of schizophrenia, I was the one who was scared.

It wasn't until after I left that church a member of a sister church told me that "Blondie and Dagwood" were members of the KKK.. It is no wonder that church died.

That is my personal experience, so it is true.

any who thought that they could measure up to the standards of the law of God as she held would be very deluded!

Ellen had a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) due to a rock hitting her on the forehead- (temporal lobe area). From that, she was in a coma for at least one or more months

When she recovered her physician diagnosed her as being cataplexic.

Cataplexy is a sudden and transient episode of muscle weakness accompanied by full conscious awareness, typically triggered by emotions such as laughing, crying, or terror. Cataplexy affects approximately 70% of people who have narcolepsy, and is caused by an autoimmune destruction of hypothalamic neurons that produce the neuropeptide hypocretin, which regulates arousal and has a role in stabilization of the transition between wake and sleep states.​
from Wikipedia

There are five main symptoms of catatonia

Cataplexy
Estimated to be present in 65%-75% of patients with narcolepsy9​
This most specific symptom of narcolepsy type 1, is the sudden, generally brief (<2 minutes) loss of muscle tone with retained consciousness. It is usually triggered by strong emotions, such as laughter, surprise, or anger.2,3,10​
Hallucinations (hypnagogic and/or hypnopompic)​
May affect 33%-80% of patients with narcolepsy11​
Hypnagogic hallucinations are vivid dreamlike experiences that occur while falling asleep. When they happen while waking up, they are called hypnopompic hallucinations.2,3 These events may occur with sleep paralysis.3​
Excessive daytime sleepiness
Affects 100% of patients with narcolepsy9,11,12​
Excessive daytime sleepiness is the inability to stay awake and alert during the day, resulting in periods of an irrepressible need for sleep or unintended lapses into drowsiness or sleep.2,3 Excessive daytime sleepiness is the cardinal symptom of narcolepsy and often the most disabling.2​
Sleep paralysis
May affect 25%-50% of patients with narcolepsy11​
Sleep paralysis is the disturbing, temporary inability to move voluntary muscles or speak during sleep-wake transitions. It is often accompanied by hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations.1-3,13​
Sleep disruption
Estimated to affect 30%-95% of patients with narcolepsy11​
Sleep disruption (also known as disrupted nighttime sleep) is due to frequent awakenings, resulting in poor quality sleep.2,3,11 Because narcolepsy is a disorder of sleep-wake state instability,14,15 many patients commonly report disruption of nighttime sleep.2,​

from https://www.narcolepsylink.com/scre...52510bfa500c1cf0f7356a1066ce6424&gclsrc=3p.ds

On another site, I learned that that the patient may also exhibit symptoms of schizophrenia. No one could say for certain if her visions came from mental illness or not. But it is not trite, and all of those visions need to be checked against the Bible for its congruency with Bible doctrine.

I did work with people with TBI (which is another term for severe concussive injury) does not go away on its own accord. It is severe and lasting a lifetime.

From a medical aspect, and from case management, these people are to be pitied and helped through their long-lost abilities. However, these people should not be in leadership positions because they are very fragile, and frequently misjudge or wrongly infer things that are not so.

From an apologetic standpoint, it is not wrong to criticize the things she said which are not Bible based. Buut it is always wise for those criticizing her words to stay away from attacking her person. Most of the SDA posters here cannot comprehend that fine line I am drawing, but it is not wrong to criticize what she did because it is history and cannot be deleted. Calling her nasty names is a very poor apologetic.

But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. John 14:17
Prologue:
AV Hb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

AV Re 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

"the faith of Jesus" did not sin EVER, in thought, word and deed in blamelessness !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
The grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. 1 Tim 1:14

Which lives in us and will be with us forever:
3 Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, will be with us in truth and love.
4 It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 2 John 1

Last edited:
A prophet, whether God chooses a male or a female to speak His words is not a woman taking authority over man - they are the words of God, and He is not in submission to you.
There have NO revelation or inspired words form the Lord in addition to scripture since John passed away, and EW was totally bogus!

Ellen had a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) due to a rock hitting her on the forehead- (temporal lobe area). From that, she was in a coma for at least one or more months

When she recovered her physician diagnosed her as being cataplexic.

Cataplexy is a sudden and transient episode of muscle weakness accompanied by full conscious awareness, typically triggered by emotions such as laughing, crying, or terror. Cataplexy affects approximately 70% of people who have narcolepsy, and is caused by an autoimmune destruction of hypothalamic neurons that produce the neuropeptide hypocretin, which regulates arousal and has a role in stabilization of the transition between wake and sleep states.​
from Wikipedia

There are five main symptoms of catatonia

Cataplexy
Estimated to be present in 65%-75% of patients with narcolepsy9​
This most specific symptom of narcolepsy type 1, is the sudden, generally brief (<2 minutes) loss of muscle tone with retained consciousness. It is usually triggered by strong emotions, such as laughter, surprise, or anger.2,3,10​
Hallucinations (hypnagogic and/or hypnopompic)​
May affect 33%-80% of patients with narcolepsy11​
Hypnagogic hallucinations are vivid dreamlike experiences that occur while falling asleep. When they happen while waking up, they are called hypnopompic hallucinations.2,3 These events may occur with sleep paralysis.3​
Excessive daytime sleepiness
Affects 100% of patients with narcolepsy9,11,12​
Excessive daytime sleepiness is the inability to stay awake and alert during the day, resulting in periods of an irrepressible need for sleep or unintended lapses into drowsiness or sleep.2,3 Excessive daytime sleepiness is the cardinal symptom of narcolepsy and often the most disabling.2​
Sleep paralysis
May affect 25%-50% of patients with narcolepsy11​
Sleep paralysis is the disturbing, temporary inability to move voluntary muscles or speak during sleep-wake transitions. It is often accompanied by hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations.1-3,13​
Sleep disruption
Estimated to affect 30%-95% of patients with narcolepsy11​
Sleep disruption (also known as disrupted nighttime sleep) is due to frequent awakenings, resulting in poor quality sleep.2,3,11 Because narcolepsy is a disorder of sleep-wake state instability,14,15 many patients commonly report disruption of nighttime sleep.2,​

from https://www.narcolepsylink.com/scre...52510bfa500c1cf0f7356a1066ce6424&gclsrc=3p.ds

On another site, I learned that that the patient may also exhibit symptoms of schizophrenia. No one could say for certain if her visions came from mental illness or not. But it is not trite, and all of those visions need to be checked against the Bible for its congruency with Bible doctrine.

I did work with people with TBI (which is another term for severe concussive injury) does not go away on its own accord. It is severe and lasting a lifetime.

From a medical aspect, and from case management, these people are to be pitied and helped through their long-lost abilities. However, these people should not be in leadership positions because they are very fragile, and frequently misjudge or wrongly infer things that are not so.

From an apologetic standpoint, it is not wrong to criticize the things she said which are not Bible based. Buut it is always wise for those criticizing her words to stay away from attacking her person. Most of the SDA posters here cannot comprehend that fine line I am drawing, but it is not wrong to criticize what she did because it is history and cannot be deleted. Calling her nasty names is a very poor apologetic.
She claimed to be the spokesman for God, given additional revelations, and to even have an angel giving to her doctrines, so was a false prophetess!

But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. John 14:17

The grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. 1 Tim 1:14

Which lives in us and will be with us forever:
3 Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, will be with us in truth and love.
4 It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 2 John 1
There have NO revelation or inspired words form the Lord in addition to scripture since John passed away, and EW was totally bogus!
Now in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, Heb 1

And that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Tim 3:15-17

Now in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, Heb 1

And that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Tim 3:15-17
A prophet does more than "add to scripture", they can interpret it, like Peter's sermon on the Day of Pentecost about Joel 2.
And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 2 Peter 1;19

Back