Sabbath Day Salvation

And that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15
It is not as though Paul had a private interpretation,
God raised Him from the dead—and all the brothers and sisters with me; 3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Gal 1

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Rom 8

All Scripture is given by inspiriation. IOW God's words. All of Paul's opinions do not count as God's words. Especially, when God said He didn't say that to him.​

If anyone thinks that he is [filled with and governed by the Holy Spirit of God and inspired to interpret the divine will and purpose in preaching or teaching] or has any other spiritual endowment, let him understand (recognize and acknowledge) that what I am writing to you is a command of the Lord.
But if anyone still disagrees—leave him in his ignorance. 1 Cor 14:37-38

Last edited:
All I hear in CL's words is "Yea, hath God said...?" 😭

Another difficulty is that if we are not sure of what Paul wrote, then how can we be sure of 2Ti 3:16: All Scripture [is] God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, [MKJV1962]?

Or even 1Th 5: Prove all things, hold fast to the good. [MKJV1962]

And if the Apostle, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit of Truth, could play fast and loose with the Truth, who can be sure that what Paul's companion, Luke, wrote is true? Maybe Acts and Luke's Gospel are false. From there it is a short hop to doubting all of Scripture.

"Yea, hath God said?"

--Rich
It makes one wonder then if Peter was inspired by God when he told us the following:

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 2 Peter 3:14-16 NASB

Peter is saying that Paul wrote all his letters according to the wisdom given to him by God and that those letters are Scripture, just like the rest.

All I hear in CL's words is "Yea, hath God said...?" 😭

Another difficulty is that if we are not sure of what Paul wrote, then how can we be sure of 2Ti 3:16: All Scripture [is] God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, [MKJV1962]?

Or even 1Th 5: Prove all things, hold fast to the good. [MKJV1962]

And if the Apostle, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit of Truth, could play fast and loose with the Truth, who can be sure that what Paul's companion, Luke, wrote is true? Maybe Acts and Luke's Gospel are false. From there it is a short hop to doubting all of Scripture.

"Yea, hath God said?"

--Rich
maybe John was really mistaken about John 3:16?

It makes one wonder then if Peter was inspired by God when he told us the following:

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 2 Peter 3:14-16 NASB

Peter is saying that Paul wrote all his letters according to the wisdom given to him by God and that those letters are Scripture, just like the rest.
If we start to doubt what portions of the bible were really inspired . we might end up where Jesus never died nor rose from the grave!

AMEN!
Sadly, she does not realize (or refuses to realize) that her arguments are working against her position!
Keep the lady in prayer, please.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
She really needs to be careful, as she seems to be close to the "beautiful side of evil"

She really needs to be careful, as she seems to be close to the "beautiful side of evil"

Good posts, guys! Now she can see that no poster is "picking on her because she is a woman" or is doing the things she wrongfully accused me of doing to her but which she has provided me with any evidence of my so-called sins against her.

What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. 2 Cor 6
If we start to doubt what portions of the bible were really inspired . we might end up where Jesus never died nor rose from the grave!
If the dead do not rise,
“Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!” [“Surely for this iniquity there will be no atonement for you, Even to your death,” Isaiah 22:13-14]

Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” 1 Cor 15:32-34

Therefore do not be partakers with them. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Ephesians 5:6-9
AMEN!
Sadly, she does not realize (or refuses to realize) that her arguments are working against her position!
Keep the lady in prayer, please.

"Esse quam videri" "To be, rather than to seem to be"
"Awake to righteousness"
The Lord provides justice for me. He will bring me out into the light by means of His righteousness. Micah 7:9

Last edited:
Good posts, guys! Now she can see that no poster is "picking on her because she is a woman" or is doing the things she wrongfully accused me of doing to her but which she has provided me with any evidence of my so-called sins against her.
She really now to gain some spiritual discernment right now, as her spirit guide teaching her these things is not the Holy Spirit!

I think that rather than saying that so-and-so was obviously uninspired when he said such-and-such in the Book of (insert here), we can maybe search for the deeper truth of what is being said. Perhaps some study on the culture of the time or a better understanding of church history, in other words try approaching the text using the historical-critical method. Try reading several translations to see if there is a consensus of the meaning. Dig a little deeper.

I think that rather than saying that so-and-so was obviously uninspired when he said such-and-such in the Book of (insert here), we can maybe search for the deeper truth of what is being said. Perhaps some study on the culture of the time or a better understanding of church history, in other words try approaching the text using the historical-critical method. Try reading several translations to see if there is a consensus of the meaning. Dig a little deeper.
The problem for many today though is that they just refuse tgo accept that God knows best how to deal with issues such as spiritual leadership and authority in the local church!

Blessed are all those who wait for Him. Isaiah 30:18
The problem for many today though is that they just refuse tgo accept that God knows best how to deal with issues such as spiritual leadership and authority in the local church!
For in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Therefore I urge you, imitate me. 1 Cor 4:15-17

We desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. Hebrews 6:11-13

Waiting patiently for the early and latter rain. 8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. James 5

or a better understanding of church history, in other words try approaching the text using the historical-critical method. Try reading several translations to see if there is a consensus of the meaning. Dig a little deeper.

I understand your desire to present a well-reasoned objective approach to the issue at hand, namely "God did not say that....." However, even the most casual observer can see that objective reasoning and logic are not how CharismaticLady operated responding to many posters here, including yours truly. Therefore, asking her to respond differently may be more wishful thinking than ability or her education in systematic theology. I write that as an accurate description rather than an insult.

Therefore, it is my opinion that while you common tater have well-meaning intentions, they are nevertheless doomed. It is almost as if those of us who try to communicate on that level to her are posting in a foreign language.

@CharismaticLady
I recognize that you are not dumb, but I also recognize that you most likely have not studied systematic theology. Systematic theology is a tool that is like a fence because its interlocking principles are like a fence that essentially says, "go no further than this on that issue."

We are not attempting to "lord it over you " regarding systematic theology, but we are attempting to help you separate the grain from the chaff regarding theology. Our efforts focus on your theological growth and maturity; not to ridicule nor shame you.

Last edited:
@Common Tater
I understand your desire to present a well-reasoned objective approach to the issue at hand, namely "God did not say that....." However, even the most casual observer can see that objective reasoning and logic are not how CharismaticLady operated ...
Perhaps she agreed with Luther's view that objective 'reasoning is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,...'
Therefore, asking her to respond differently may be more wishful thinking than ability or her education in systematic theology. I write that as an accurate description rather than an insult.
Therefore she went on to say that she asked for wisdom from above, whereas you windbags that love boasting in systematic theology missed the mark.
I write that as an accurate paraphrase rather than an insult.
@ CharismaticLady
I recognize that you are not dumb, but I also recognize that you most likely have not studied systematic theology. Systematic theology is a tool that is like a fence...
It's safe to assume that she also recognizes that you're not a complete moron, but He has broken down the wall of partition.
because its interlocking principles are like a fence that essentially says, "go no further than this on that issue."
For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Eph 2:18-19
We are not attempting to "lord it over you " regarding systematic theology, but we are attempting to help you separate the grain from the chaff regarding theology.
So that we are no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—
Eph 4:14-15

I understand your desire to present a well-reasoned objective approach to the issue at hand, namely "God did not say that....." However, even the most casual observer can see that objective reasoning and logic are not how CharismaticLady operated responding to many posters here, including yours truly. Therefore, asking her to respond differently may be more wishful thinking than ability or her education in systematic theology. I write that as an accurate description rather than an insult.

Therefore, it is my opinion that while you common tater have well-meaning intentions, they are nevertheless doomed. It is almost as if those of us who try to communicate on that level to her are posting in a foreign language.

@ CharismaticLady
I recognize that you are not dumb, but I also recognize that you most likely have not studied systematic theology. Systematic theology is a tool that is like a fence because its interlocking principles are like a fence that essentially says, "go no further than this on that issue."

We are not attempting to "lord it over you " regarding systematic theology, but we are attempting to help you separate the grain from the chaff regarding theology. Our efforts focus on your theological growth and maturity; not to ridicule nor shame you.
She really needs to seek what the scriptures really teach and support, as feat that she is listening to another spirit on this, and that her pastors and teachers are giving to her really rotten garbage theology, such as WoF and God still giving forth revelations by Apostles and prophets even today!
Just curious as to what Study bible she used, and what, if any, theology books ever read?

Perhaps she agreed with Luther's view that objective 'reasoning is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,...'

Therefore she went on to say that she asked for wisdom from above, whereas you windbags that love boasting in systematic theology missed the mark.
I write that as an accurate paraphrase rather than an insult.

It's safe to assume that she also recognizes that you're not a complete moron, but He has broken down the wall of partition.

For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Eph 2:18-19

So that we are no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—
Eph 4:14-15
Her cultic mindset is very dangerous, as she is attributing to the Holy Spirit which cannot be from and of Him, as that would be contradicting the scriptures!

Her cultic mindset is very dangerous, as she is attributing to the Holy Spirit which cannot be from and of Him, as that would be contradicting the scriptures!

The reason for my concern is the same as yours, and other posters. However, I will name it.

@CharismaticLady
When someone wrongfully attributes something to Holy Spirit that did not originate with Him, and that something is contrary to the entirety of Scripture, the name for that is blasphemy against Holy Spirit. it is the ONLY sin that is unforgivable, and the reason for that is because the sole job of Holy Spirit is to lead humans into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

Therefore, you are actually stating that Holy Spirit is in a partnership with Satan, and THAT is why Jesus called it the unforgivable sin. Therefore, your stubborn resistance to what we are posting is something that will affect your eternal destination. It is not something to be casual about

The unforgivable or unpardonable sin is mentioned twice in the Gospels, once in Matthew and once in Mark. Both passages are describing the same event – a demon-possessed man who asked to be healed. Mark 3:28-30 is a great summary of both texts. “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.”​
from https://faithhub.net/what-is-the-un...rence”) of,in Matthew 12 and Mark 3 is unique.

So what? A prophet is not infallible when not prophesying. She even complained that people take too much stock in "everything" she says, even when she says what she ate for breakfast.
I notice that you excuse Ellen White's alcoholic breakfast by calling her a "prophet", and make a claim without providing evidence for your claim.
Take heed the uninspired words of the false prophet you're so eager to dismiss:

Many times in my experience I have been called upon to meet the attitude of a certain class who acknowledged that the testimonies were from God, but took the position that this matter and that matter were Sister White's opinion and judgment. This suits those who do not love reproof and correction, and who, if their ideas are crossed, have occasion to explain the difference between the human and the divine. {2MR 87.2}​

The reason for my concern is the same as yours, and other posters. However, I will name it.

@CharismaticLady
When someone wrongfully attributes something to Holy Spirit that did not originate with Him, and that something is contrary to the entirety of Scripture, the name for that is blasphemy against Holy Spirit. it is the ONLY sin that is unforgivable, and the reason for that is because the sole job of Holy Spirit is to lead humans into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

Therefore, you are actually stating that Holy Spirit is in a partnership with Satan, and THAT is why Jesus called it the unforgivable sin. Therefore, your stubborn resistance to what we are posting is something that will affect your eternal destination. It is not something to be casual about

The unforgivable or unpardonable sin is mentioned twice in the Gospels, once in Matthew and once in Mark. Both passages are describing the same event – a demon-possessed man who asked to be healed. Mark 3:28-30 is a great summary of both texts. “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.”​
from https://faithhub.net/what-is-the-unforgivable-sin/#:~:text=The unforgivable sin is blasphemy (“defiant irreverence”) of,in Matthew 12 and Mark 3 is unique.
Satan will always come to us as an Angel of light, as he came and said things to Ellen White, Muhammed, Joseph Smith, and sadly it appears our sister!

Back