Sabbath - Eternal Salvation!

Buzzard

Prologue:
AV 1Jn 3:12-13 Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. 13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
O My, O My, O My; Michael;
Cain didn't kill Able over the Sabbath

AV Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Yours in Christ, Michael
May-be you should take John's advice
==================
Michael post
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

but he really means
Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hates me

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you:
and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended,
and shall betray one another,
and shall hate one another​
.​

my name's sake. Michael; Name Sake

Last edited:

Common Tater

Prologue:
AV 1Jn 3:12-13 Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. 13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

AV Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Is Jesus a "heretic" in sabbath righteousness ???

So you see NO ONE(not even Jesus) wearing Jesus' sabbath righteousness ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
What is sabbath righteousness? Please define it and offer examples.

SDAchristian

What is sabbath righteousness?
AV Ex 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you.

So GOD's own words are not enough ???
Please define it and offer examples.
AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Please examine Jesus' life while walking on earth for full details !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Which doesn't mean Christians are under the same Law that Christ was.
Try again.
AV 1C 15:56-57 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law. 57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

So says you !!!

So Paul does not speak for all Christians ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

The “when aspect” is when she made the statement.
AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Noting the possessive: When is GOD not holy then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Fred

AV 1C 15:56-57 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law. 57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

So says you !!!

So Paul does not speak for all Christians ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Matthew 23:1-3
(1) Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples,
(2) saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses;
(3) therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.

Do you try to do all the commands that the scribes and Pharisees would tell others to do concerning animal sacrifices?

Common Tater

AV Ex 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you.

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Yours in Christ, Michael
"Speak thou also unto the children of Israel". God's own words are certainly enough. He is telling us that the Sabbath is a sign between Him and Israel. You don't seem to be the one who believes God.

Jesus' walk was sinless. He is the only one in the history of this earth to do so. Plus, his purpose was to be our substitute, not our example.

AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Yours in Christ, Michael

We are discussing the statement of Ellen White personal opinion that:
“It means eternal salvation to keep the sabbath holy to the Lord.”
(6T, 356.4)

Common Tater

Yours in Christ, Michael
“Cry loudly, do not hold back;
Raise your voice like a trumpet,
And declare to My people their transgression
And to the house of Jacob their sins.
Isaiah 58:1 NASB

Note who Isaiah is talking to. The Children of Israel. The ones who God gave the Sabbath to as a sign of the Sinaitic Covenant between Him and them.

Common Tater

Yours in Christ, Michael
Then why do you not celebrate Passover and the other festivals? Why do you not attend synagogue?

Common Tater

Yours in Christ, Michael