Sad article about abuse of nuns in convents

OH what a load of hogwash. Justifying the abuse once again because they live a different life.
What is it with you and abuse?

Who is justifying "abuse?" I am explaining the difference between religious life and diocesan priesthood.

Those who entered religious life should not be complaining about having to shovel snow or do menial labor. They knew what was expected of them, they knew what they were getting into, etc. If they had a problem with the life style----they should not have entered religious life. No one forced them to process final vows. No one put a gun to their heads and said "Take final vows or else."
Really I thought they were married to Jesus and therefore they would not abuse others no matter what those vows are.
Doing menial labor--that is part and parcel of religious life and obeying one's superiors is not abuse.

What is it with you and abuse?

Who is justifying "abuse?" I am explaining the difference between religious life and diocesan priesthood.

Those who entered religious life should not be complaining about having to shovel snow or do menial labor. They knew what was expected of them, they knew what they were getting into, etc. If they had a problem with the life style----they should not have entered religious life. No one forced them to process final vows. No one put a gun to their heads and said "Take final vows or else."

Doing menial labor--that is part and parcel of religious life and obeying one's superiors is not abuse.
I am saved and I have empathy as Jesus had empathy. What is it with you just writing off the abuse and justifying it. You did justifying it. No one needed you to explain the difference, so that was you justifying the abuse.

Back