Salvation is by ,from, of and belongs to the Lord !

civic

Psalm 3:8
Salvation belongs to the LORD

Psalm 37:39
But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD

Psalm 62:1
My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation.

Jonah 2:9
Salvation is of the LORD

Salvation is FROM, BY and OF the LORD

Why would a so-called believer fight against this truth taught throughout both Testament's ?

Last edited:

civic

A follow up question to the OP.

Salvation has 3 aspects to it- a past, a present and a future. Now lets see if the OP still stands that Salvation is of, by, through and belongs to the Lord.

Past- Justification
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. cf Acts 15:11; Ephesians 2:5

Present- Sanctification
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. cf Acts 2:47; 2 Corinthians 2:15

Future- Glorification
Romans 5:9
having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

hope this helps!!!

zerinus

A follow up question to the OP.

Salvation has 3 aspects to it- a past, a present and a future. Now lets see if the OP still stands that Salvation is of, by, through and belongs to the Lord.

Past- Justification
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. cf Acts 15:11; Ephesians 2:5

Present- Sanctification
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. cf Acts 2:47; 2 Corinthians 2:15

Future- Glorification
Romans 5:9
having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

hope this helps!!!
Or maybe there is only one aspect to salvation, but different metaphorical expressions are used to refer to it which can give one the false impression of there being more than one aspect to it:

Matthew 10:

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:

13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Tnese appear pretty straightforward to me. I don't see how it is possible to get round these by any kind of metaphorical interpretation.

civic

Or maybe there is only one aspect to salvation, but different metaphorical expressions are used to refer to it which can give one the false impression of there being more than one aspect to it:

Matthew 10:

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:

13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Tnese appear pretty straightforward to me. I don't see how it is possible to get round these by any kind of metaphorical interpretation.
no read the scriptures I posted, its self evident.

zerinus

I don't need to since you ignored mine and did not attempt to exegete them or prove them wrong. The burden is on you not me.

hope this helps !!!
I did offer a brief explanation. I said they are metaphorical expressions. Scripture makes much use of such expressions. One example will be enough to demonstrate:

John 17:

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus said those words to his disciples just before he was crucified, when he was still very much “in the world”! It is a figurative way of speaking. Scripture is full of that kind of language, the verses you quoted being more examples of the same.

Theo1689

I did offer a brief explanation. I said they are metaphorical expressions. Scripture makes much use of such expressions. One example will be enough to demonstrate:

John 17:

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus said those words to his disciples just before he was crucified, when he was still very much “in the world”! It is a figurative way of speaking. Scripture is full of that kind of language, the verses you quoted being more examples of the same.

<chuckle>

Okay, I proclaim that "Ye are gods" in Ps. 82 is "metaphorical".

Congratulations!
You just refuted yourself! ;)

JDS

Even people who say that Salvation is of Lord, when you carefully examine their testimony, they believe ultimately its of man. That man makes the deciding decision and not God.
You have decided that you are elect. Is that not true? Therefore you have decided your own salvation at the exclusion of most every other person who inhabits this earth.

I gotta tell you. I don't believe you were elected ever, at all. Prove me wrong.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.