Salvation is the Gift of God !

SovereignGrace

Oh so you must repent in order to be saved.
Repentance and salvation happen simultaneously. The new birth precedes repentance and faith as both of them are gifts of God. Once the new birth takes place, that person exercises both faith and repentance and are saved. All this happens simultaneously.

Our Lord's God

Repentance and salvation happen simultaneously. The new birth precedes repentance and faith as both of them are gifts of God. Once the new birth takes place, that person exercises both faith and repentance and are saved. All this happens simultaneously.

It is unbelievable that you actually expect people to accept these ridiculous statements. Got any square circles over there?

SovereignGrace

It is unbelievable that you actually expect people to accept these ridiculous statements.
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”[John 3:3]

Unless one is born again, they cannot see the kingdom, let alone step into it. No one does anything to be born again. That is solely God’s work in bringing the dead in sins lost person to life. It is then, and only then, that they can exercise faith & repentance.

Our Lord's God

Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”[John 3:3]

Unless one is born again, they cannot see the kingdom, let alone step into it. No one does anything to be born again. That is solely God’s work in bringing the dead in sins lost person to life. It is then, and only then, that they can exercise faith & repentance.

Being born of God is being raised up into resurrection life in Christ. God does this.

You must die with him first. Death precedes resurrection. YOU must do this.

Paul was asked, "What must I DO to be saved?"

Paul then answered and told the jailer what he must DO to be saved.

Do you know what the words "must I do" mean?

Honest minded people can see that you just don't like the implications. Believe.... and you WILL BE saved. Sorry, a future tense does not amount to simultaneous belief and salvation. But I do see quite clearly that you really don't care what Scripture says. Your creedal idol must be served.

This is called basic reading comprehension.

SovereignGrace

Being born of God is being raised up into resurrection life in Christ. God does this.

You must die with him first. Death precedes resurrection. YOU must do this.

Paul was asked, "What must I DO to be saved?"

Paul then answered and told the jailer what he must DO to be saved.

Honest minded people can see that you just don't like the implications. Believe.... and you WILL BE saved. Sorry, a future tense does not amount to simultaneous belief and salvation. But I do see quite clearly that you really don't care what Scripture says. Your creedal idol must be served.

This is called basic reading comprehension.
Toodles!

brightfame52

Nope

The Fruit of the spirit is for those already indwelt by the holy Spirit

but one needs faith before he receives the Holy Spirit

John 7:38–39 —KJV
“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Gal. 3:14 —KJV
“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
Yes, all of Salvation is by Grace to include the Faith. Man by nature has no faith, it's a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

TomFL

Yes, all of Salvation is by Grace to include the Faith. Man by nature has no faith, it's a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
Sorry it is still an error, The fruit of the spirit is a result of the Spirit's indwelling

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

brightfame52

Sorry it is still an error, The fruit of the spirit is a result of the Spirit's indwelling

Salvation is the gift of God Eph 2 89

TomFL

Salvation is the gift of God Eph 2 89
You ignored the point

The fruit of the spirit is a result of the Spirit's indwelling

“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

brightfame52

You ignored the point

“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
What scripture says that Salvation is not the Gift of God?

TomFL

What scripture says that Salvation is not the Gift of God?
You are still ignoring the real point

You ignored the point

brightfame52

You are still ignoring the real point

You ignored the point

The real point is that all of Salvation is the Gift of God. The fruit of the Cross of Christ.