Salvation testimony

Joe

One of my nephews was raised Godless and by parents who lie, steal, do drugs, etc. His dad had him peddling weed when he was 13. He is now 30 years old and has been in and out of jail and prisons his entire adult life.

My nephew is the epitome of lawlessness. He disregards the law and does as he pleases, and this mindset has cost him dearly.

I have stayed away from him and he from me until two weeks ago when he called me from jail begging me to bond him out, and that he does not want to live like he is any more and that he wanted to come stay with me for a bit. He knows that I am a servant of the Lord, and he wanted away from his old life because it is destroying him. I listened to him apprehensively but there was approval from the Lord within me and confirmed within my wife too.

He lives a couple of hours away, so the next day I drive by the bank and drive to the jail to bond him out. Once he was released, we drive by his place get some clothes and things then drive back to my home 2 hours away. This happened on a Monday and on Thursday he had a court hearing, so the plan was for me to drive him to my place, drive him back for the hearing, and then drive him back to my place.

The Monday when I bonded him out, as we were traveling to my place we talked of course, and he was going over his life and how he was tired of being behind bars and just wanted to relocate and start new somewhere else. I waited until the right moment and preached the Gospel to him. He was stuck in the mode that God would be pleased if we just lived good. I explained what God says about that and his need to believe Jesus Christ.

He stayed with us, and we talked about God some more of course, but on Thursday morning the day of his hearing, I preached the Gospel of Jesus again to him. I read to him the parable of the sower and explained to him what was being said. He has been in and out of penal facilities, so it came to me to speak to him about God being a just Judge and will not let the guilty go unpunished. It was a Spirit charged event all the way, and my nephew got up and walked over to me crying and hugging me, saying he believed and wanted a new life. I told him that all who call out to the Lord will be saved, and that he needed to pray and ask Jesus to forgive him. It happened as I held him and prayed for him.

That same day, we drove back to his place to see his wife before court, and while there I read his case online and discovered they issued a warrant for his arrest. I told him about it and of course he knew what was going to happen when he showed up at court for his hearing. I told him he must go to court, and he agreed. And they did arrest him when he got there and is now in jail waiting for his next hearing.

With all that background info, here is a conglomeration of text messages that he sent me today from jail.

I would really like to relocate to your town when i get out of here. i still dont want to be involved in this life. i dont know what the lord has in store for me But i can definately feel him tearing me in half. i have never felt this before so i know its him because i didnt feel this way until me and you had all those conversations. they really have put me into some deep thought and i have no idea whats going on in my head. i just want to do whats right im so tired of being me. I have asked him to come to me and show me what to do and to forgive me and he has dropped me to my knees. i have never felt so much feelings thats how i know its Real. i just want to do whats right and just and i know he has something in store for me. i prayed that he would fix all these charges and the next day they dropped 2 felonies already so i know its real. i just have to keep on the right path its just so hard in here to keep my head right i want to do right. I just keep feeling like im not doing enough for him like im not worthy like im not good enough or that i have done to much bad i just feel like i dont deserve. Im sorry to keep bothering you. i just dont know who else to talk to about this and i literaly feel like im being torn in half right now. thank you very much for helping me. I feel him with me. i feel him pulling me towards whats right and not wrong even now i dont play cards i just sit and read its crazy. i underdtand now when you Say you feel him in your heart i feel it and its crazy i asked him to help me with cursing and it seems like i just stop its so awesome to feel this way.

I am overwhelmed with joy that my nephew who was lost is now found! Thank you, Holy Father for your amazing love!

rhomphaeam

Praise God Joe for the move of the Father in your nephews life. Send him a text from a man who was saved in a prison cell.

The judge will deliver him and he needs to be silent other than to speak nothing but the truth. Resist idle chatter and learn to be alone for a short season.

Amen.

Joe

Praise God Joe for the move of the Father in your nephews life. Send him a text from a man who was saved in a prison cell.

The judge will deliver him and he needs to be silent other than to speak nothing but the truth. Resist idle chatter and learn to be alone for a short season.

Amen.
I will certainly send him your message, Robert! It is sound advice! :)

JPPT1974

God bless your young nephew. Praying that he will continue his journey. As well as that of continuing to lean on maturer believers!

balshan

One of my nephews was raised Godless and by parents who lie, steal, do drugs, etc. His dad had him peddling weed when he was 13. He is now 30 years old and has been in and out of jail and prisons his entire adult life.

My nephew is the epitome of lawlessness. He disregards the law and does as he pleases, and this mindset has cost him dearly.

I have stayed away from him and he from me until two weeks ago when he called me from jail begging me to bond him out, and that he does not want to live like he is any more and that he wanted to come stay with me for a bit. He knows that I am a servant of the Lord, and he wanted away from his old life because it is destroying him. I listened to him apprehensively but there was approval from the Lord within me and confirmed within my wife too.

He lives a couple of hours away, so the next day I drive by the bank and drive to the jail to bond him out. Once he was released, we drive by his place get some clothes and things then drive back to my home 2 hours away. This happened on a Monday and on Thursday he had a court hearing, so the plan was for me to drive him to my place, drive him back for the hearing, and then drive him back to my place.

The Monday when I bonded him out, as we were traveling to my place we talked of course, and he was going over his life and how he was tired of being behind bars and just wanted to relocate and start new somewhere else. I waited until the right moment and preached the Gospel to him. He was stuck in the mode that God would be pleased if we just lived good. I explained what God says about that and his need to believe Jesus Christ.

He stayed with us, and we talked about God some more of course, but on Thursday morning the day of his hearing, I preached the Gospel of Jesus again to him. I read to him the parable of the sower and explained to him what was being said. He has been in and out of penal facilities, so it came to me to speak to him about God being a just Judge and will not let the guilty go unpunished. It was a Spirit charged event all the way, and my nephew got up and walked over to me crying and hugging me, saying he believed and wanted a new life. I told him that all who call out to the Lord will be saved, and that he needed to pray and ask Jesus to forgive him. It happened as I held him and prayed for him.

That same day, we drove back to his place to see his wife before court, and while there I read his case online and discovered they issued a warrant for his arrest. I told him about it and of course he knew what was going to happen when he showed up at court for his hearing. I told him he must go to court, and he agreed. And they did arrest him when he got there and is now in jail waiting for his next hearing.

With all that background info, here is a conglomeration of text messages that he sent me today from jail.

I would really like to relocate to your town when i get out of here. i still dont want to be involved in this life. i dont know what the lord has in store for me But i can definately feel him tearing me in half. i have never felt this before so i know its him because i didnt feel this way until me and you had all those conversations. they really have put me into some deep thought and i have no idea whats going on in my head. i just want to do whats right im so tired of being me. I have asked him to come to me and show me what to do and to forgive me and he has dropped me to my knees. i have never felt so much feelings thats how i know its Real. i just want to do whats right and just and i know he has something in store for me. i prayed that he would fix all these charges and the next day they dropped 2 felonies already so i know its real. i just have to keep on the right path its just so hard in here to keep my head right i want to do right. I just keep feeling like im not doing enough for him like im not worthy like im not good enough or that i have done to much bad i just feel like i dont deserve. Im sorry to keep bothering you. i just dont know who else to talk to about this and i literaly feel like im being torn in half right now. thank you very much for helping me. I feel him with me. i feel him pulling me towards whats right and not wrong even now i dont play cards i just sit and read its crazy. i underdtand now when you Say you feel him in your heart i feel it and its crazy i asked him to help me with cursing and it seems like i just stop its so awesome to feel this way.

I am overwhelmed with joy that my nephew who was lost is now found! Thank you, Holy Father for your amazing love!
Praying for him and your testimony is a blessing to all who read it. Praise God for you sharing what HE has done in your nephew's life.

CreedR

New here. That is a great testimony of your nephew, or testimony in the making. The guy who shared his faith with me was in prison for 4 years, saved in prison not long after he got there. Those details I really don't know. I do know he had a 40 year sentence and was out in 4 years. This was a long time ago. What Robert wrote makes a lot of sense and hopefully his new life in Christ will be out of jail.

Hark

Thank you for sharing.

I believe these 2 music videos may encourage him in his times of need...

.... and for times of doubts for why He would bother with him or any of us.