Sam Shamoun Vs Matt Slick: Is Limited Atonement Biblical?

zerinus

LOL! True prophet, true religion, no comment on Islam.
And I can tell you how I know, and how anyone can know; it is through the Book of Mormon. It is a powerful witness to the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith that cannot be denied. Making fun of it, or making jokes about it won't make it go away.

TomFL

And I can tell you how I know, and how anyone can know; it is through the Book of Mormon. It is a powerful witness to the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith that cannot be denied. Making fun of it, or making jokes about it won't make it go away.
More powerful than the bible ?

Tell me is Kolob, Eternal marriage, God was once a man, as God is you can become, Limitless true God's, Physical procreation between God and Mary found in the book of Mormon or the Bible

Last edited:

TomFL

The same, no difference. Both equally are the word of God.
You know full well the Mormon view is that many plain things have been removed from the bible and it is only as it is translated correctly do you find truth. Mormon doctrine not the bible is your standard of truth. So your claim is not factually held as true in Mormonism and amount to gaslighting.

Septextura

I remember Mormonism taught black babies had inferior souls, or something disgusting like that. I commend Matt Slick for having the stomach to read all their made up crud.

zerinus

You know full well the Mormon view is that many plain things have been removed from the bible and it is only as it is translated correctly do you find truth. Mormon doctrine not the bible is your standard of truth. So your claim is not factually held as true in Mormonism and amount to gaslighting.
Not true. The Bible is canonized LDS scripture on a par with the Book of Mormon and other canonized scriptures of the Church. They are also the only valid source of LDS doctrine. Anything taught by anyone which does not conform to or agree with those are not valid, and not true LDS doctrine, no matter who may have taught them. That is the official theological position of the Church regarding Church doctrine.

zerinus

I remember Mormonism taught black babies had inferior souls, or something disgusting like that. I commend Matt Slick for having the stomach to read all their made up crud.
That is gaslighting. Those are not the official doctrines of the Church. Like I said, do away with the Book of Mormon for me, and I will stop being a Mormon in five minutes. But nobody yet has nor can. It is the word of God.

Last edited:

TomFL

Not true. The Bible is canonized LDS scripture on a par with the Book of Mormon and other canonized scriptures of the Church. They are also the only valid source of LDS doctrine. Anything taught by anyone which does not conform to or agree with those are not valid, and not true LDS doctrine, no matter who may have taught them. That is the official theological position of the Church regarding Church doctrine.
Hogwash

The Book of Mormon says “many plain and precious things” were taken from it (1 Nephi 13:28). Their 8th Article of Faith states: “We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.”

When it talks about being “translated correctly,” in actuality, it is not referring to its translation but its transmission. The LDS Church believes that the transmission of the Bible was intentionally corrupted by the Roman Catholic Church. Thus, it is unreliable.

The simple fact is Mormons view the bible as we have it is corrupt

It's gaslighting to say

The Bible is canonized LDS scripture on a par with the Book of Mormon and other canonized scriptures of the Church. They are also the only valid source of LDS doctrine.

And as long as Mormon claim they are the truth church based upon the continuing office of prophet it cannot be stated The Bible and the book of Mormon are the only valid source of LDS doctrine

If you are going to claim prophets you need to live with what they state

Last edited:

civic

That is gaslighting. Those are not the official doctrines of the Church. Like I said, do away with the Book of Mormon for me, and I will stop being a Mormon in five minutes. But nobody yet has nor can. It is the word of God.
your leaders cannot get their doctrine straight even in their published books(doctrines-covenants, pearl of great price) which contradict your book of moroni- the angel who gave the make believe golden tablets that cannot be found, its all built upon a lie from your founder. you might as well believe in santa claus or the tooth fairy who are just as real as the so-called angel who appeared to your founder. yikes....................

No thank you I will stick with a real book from God with real scientific and historical evidence for its content proven by archeologists. A real Divine book we call our bible with real world evidence for its validity. A far cry from your book of moroni.

hope this helps !!!

TomFL

Here is the real gaslighting

The first reference to dark skin as a curse and mark from God in Latter Day Saint writings can be found in the Book of Mormon, published in 1830. It refers to a group of people called the Lamanites and states that when they rebelled against God they were cursed with "a skin of blackness" (2 Nephi 5:21).

Are you going to stop being a Mormon ?

civic

The first reference to dark skin as a curse and mark from God in Latter Day Saint writings can be found in the Book of Mormon, published in 1830. It refers to a group of people called the Lamanites and states that when they rebelled against God they were cursed with "a skin of blackness" (2 Nephi 5:21).

what a horrible ungodly thing to attribute to our God. Any person without a bias can see how that is not from God.

How absurd that the color of ones skin is a curse. That like saying the shape of ones eyes is a curse, ones hair color, ones height or lack thereof is a curse and on and on.

zerinus

Hogwash

The Book of Mormon says “many plain and precious things” were taken from it (1 Nephi 13:28). Their 8th Article of Faith states: “We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.”

When it talks about being “translated correctly,” in actuality, it is not referring to its translation but its transmission. The LDS Church believes that the transmission of the Bible was intentionally corrupted by the Roman Catholic Church. Thus, it is unreliable.

I am a Mormon, and I tell you what I believe, you don't tell me what I believe. Our beliefs regarding the Bible is as I had stated, and here is a confirmation from what the Lord himself has said:

Doctrine and Covenants 42:

12 And again, the elders, priests and teachers of this church shall teach the principles of my gospel, which are in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, in the which is the fulness of the gospel.
13 And they shall observe the covenants and church articles to do them, and these shall be their teachings, as they shall be directed by the Spirit.
14 And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.

The Bible and the Book of Mormon both contain the fulness of the gospel. That is the true Mormon teaching.
That is an anti-Mormon website, and it is nuts to expect to learn the truth of any religion from its sworn enemies. I had a look at what it says by the way, and it says that Mormons don't know their Bibles! LOL! I am a witness here that I know my Bible better than all the rest of you combined.
It's gaslighting to say

The Bible is canonized LDS scripture on a par with the Book of Mormon and other canonized scriptures of the Church. They are also the only valid source of LDS doctrine.

And as long as Mormon claim they are the truth church based upon the continuing office of prophet it cannot be stated The Bible and the book of Mormon are the only valid source of LDS doctrine

If you are going to claim prophets you need to live with what they state
You are taking an awful lot of nonsense which would probably not be worth the time spent to correct it, so I will leave it at that.

zerinus

More gaslighting from you. That is taken out of context. Here is what the Book of Mormon really teaches about race:

2 Nephi 26:

33 For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.

Are you going to repent and apologize now?

zerinus

No thank you I will stick with a real book from God with real scientific and historical evidence for its content proven by archeologists. A real Divine book we call our bible with real world evidence for its validity. A far cry from your book of moroni.
There is no science, history, or archaeology that can prove that the Bible is the word of God. If it did, all Bible scholars would be believers, and most of them are not. There is only one way to know that the Bible is the word of God, and that is by the witness of the Holy Ghost; and the same applies to the Book of Mormon.
hope this helps !!!
Hope this helps !!!

TomFL

More gaslighting from you. That is taken out of context. Here is what the Book of Mormon really teaches about race:

2 Nephi 26:

33 For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.

Are you going to repent and apologize now?
Rather are you

You ignored 2Nephi 5:21

And he had caused the cursing to come upon them,
yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity.
For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint;
wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people
the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
And thus saith the Lord God:

Why

TomFL

I am a Mormon, and I tell you what I believe, you don't tell me what I believe. Our beliefs regarding the Bible is as I had stated, and here is a confirmation from what the Lord himself has said:

Doctrine and Covenants 42:

12 And again, the elders, priests and teachers of this church shall teach the principles of my gospel, which are in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, in the which is the fulness of the gospel.
13 And they shall observe the covenants and church articles to do them, and these shall be their teachings, as they shall be directed by the Spirit.
14 And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.

The Bible and the Book of Mormon both contain the fulness of the gospel. That is the true Mormon teaching.

That is an anti-Mormon website, and it is nuts to expect to learn the truth of any religion from its sworn enemies. I had a look at what it says by the way, and it says that Mormons don't know their Bibles! LOL! I am a witness here that I know my Bible better than all the rest of you combined.

You are taking an awful lot of nonsense which would probably not be worth the time spent to correct it, so I will leave it at that.
I could care less what you say you believe. I showed you what Mormon theology is

Now unless you can disprove that is Mormon theology your claims regarding your beliefs are irrelevant

zerinus

Rather are you

You ignored 2Nephi 5:21

And he had caused the cursing to come upon them,
yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity.
For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint;
wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people
the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
And thus saith the Lord God:

Why
Already answered. Wasting time.