Sanctification oH happy Day

Redeemed

In justification, adoption, and sanctification combined God gives us assurance of salvation. God actually makes us holy.

That means He takes us from Satan’s kingdom to the kingdom of Christ, and and from glory to glory changes us us into the image of Christ. And the really good news for people that are into works is that progressive sanctification, unlike justification and adoption, is not only a work of God but also a responsibility of ours. Circle highlight underline that. Our assurance of salvation is based on the promises of God (justification), the fruits of righteousness in our lives (sanctification), and the testimony of the Spirit that we are God’s sons and daughters (adoption).

Pretty cool huh? The Bible teaches us that to sanctify is to make holy. Understanding that holiness of course includes righteousness. Right standing with God. My Bible tells me "righteousness peace and joy in the Holy Ghost, that's the kingdom of God (Rom. 14:17) and that's what we are transferred into.

Here's the bottom line, justification is God’s declaring us righteous, not making us righteous. But, of course, God does also make us righteous. This making us righteous is called, not justification, but sanctification.

Next up is progressive sanctification. I like to think of it as being a living sacrifice Rom. 12:1. A big part of progressive sanctification is to abide in Christ, remain, remain, remain. An even bigger part is to obey. Obey what the Bible teaches us and what the Holy Spirit speaks to us.​

Redeemed

Progressive Sanctification, what is it? In a nutshell it's our obedience to God. When we are obedient to God, He assures us of His presence and His fellowship. What's are part? The Bible tells us "let us purify ourselves" and that would be from everything that contaminates our bodies and our spirit. One of those things are every person who pollutes the truth. Run into any of those around her?

Okay so this is a maturing, growing, and an increased Christ likeness, a Progressive Sanctification not sinless perfection only Jesus had that and we won't have it till we see Him face-to-face. But it's definitely something to look forward to.

So then a new believer is perfect in his position with Christ but in this present life imperfect to a degree as far as spiritual development goes. We as believers must understand that were going to have to deal with sin in our lives as long as we live.

8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8–10

There is a false unbiblical doctrine called perfectionism don't buy into it, and if you do good luck.

Redeemed

Living a Holy Life, how do we pull that off? Well thanks be to Jesus He left us the Helper “The Wonderful Holy Spirit.” For a lot of us the Christian life boils down to simply doing the best we can. In reality that's like settling for living in the desert instead of going into the promised land. Before salvation we were slaves to sin just like the Israelites in Egypt, they were slaves to the Egyptians. But God working through Moses set them free. In our case we were slaves to sin and death but God through Jesus set us free.

All the Israelites had to do was take that 11 day journey and walk into the promised land. Oh sure they would have some battles but God would fight the fight for them. But they weren't having it so they walked around the desert for 40 years and died there.

I've known a few Christians that have fallen into habitual sin and defend their right to stay there. Their excuses is "nobody's perfect, that it's not that big a deal and God understands". When I pray for them I pray that they tighten their seat belts because the road is about to get rough.

I love this story from the Bible, it’s about a young man who ruined his life. He left home, traveled abroad, and wasted his fortune on shallow pursuits and empty pleasures. Eventually he came to the end of his rope: he was out of money, out of food, out of help, and out of hope. This guy is better known as the prodigal son in Jesus’ famous parable.

There was a man who had two sons. And the younger of them said to his father, “Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.” And he divided his property between them. Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living. And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything. (Luke 15:11–16)​

We all know the end of the story when he gets beat up enough comes to his senses he goes back to his father's house. The way to avoid all the is to remain in the father's house. I like the translation abide. It makes it more clear that that's where I want to live... in my father's house. Jesus makes it real clear in John 15:10:

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

That's pretty clear...if you want to live in the father's house you have to obey the father's commands. I know that's easier said than done but God always makes a way.

But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. John 16:7

Wait for it-----

Think about this. If we don’t need any help, why send a Helper? The promise of a Helper presupposes that we need help. The promise of a Helper was Jesus’ way of tipping us off to one of the most profound truths concerning the Christian life—it’s impossible! The quality of life Jesus expects from His followers is unattainable apart from outside intervention.

The Christian life is not simply difficult. It is not something that gets easier with time. It is not something you grow into. It’s impossible. You can’t live it. I can’t live it. God doesn’t expect us to live it. He knows it’s impossible. Jesus knew it was impossible. It is time that we come to grips with this liberating truth—it is impossible.

There I said it, I feel better already. And I’ve got some good news. Christianity is not the problem. More than likely, the problem is that we have been trying to live it apart from the help of the Holy Spirit, The Helper.

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things freely given to us by God.1 Corinthians 2:11–12

The Holy Spirit knows the thoughts of God. And the Holy Spirit imparts knowledge to believers. The Holy Spirit, then, is not simply an impersonal force. He has knowledge, and He has the power to impart knowledge. And that knowledge is what enables us to live a godly life.

Gary Mac

In justification, adoption, and sanctification combined God gives us assurance of salvation. God actually makes us holy.

That means He takes us from Satan’s kingdom to the kingdom of Christ, and and from glory to glory changes us us into the image of Christ. And the really good news for people that are into works is that progressive sanctification, unlike justification and adoption, is not only a work of God but also a responsibility of ours. Circle highlight underline that. Our assurance of salvation is based on the promises of God (justification), the fruits of righteousness in our lives (sanctification), and the testimony of the Spirit that we are God’s sons and daughters (adoption).

Pretty cool huh? The Bible teaches us that to sanctify is to make holy. Understanding that holiness of course includes righteousness. Right standing with God. My Bible tells me "righteousness peace and joy in the Holy Ghost, that's the kingdom of God (Rom. 14:17) and that's what we are transferred into.

Here's the bottom line, justification is God’s declaring us righteous, not making us righteous. But, of course, God does also make us righteous. This making us righteous is called, not justification, but sanctification.

Next up is progressive sanctification. I like to think of it as being a living sacrifice Rom. 12:1. A big part of progressive sanctification is to abide in Christ, remain, remain, remain. An even bigger part is to obey. Obey what the Bible teaches us and what the Holy Spirit speaks to us.​
But we who are born of God are not adopted. Adoption is by the laws Paul established not God. If you adopt a child it has to be by law established to regulate it and make it legal by man, but if you are born of the parent there is no legal issues to perform.

Paul was adopted -- but as with Jesus I am born of God by the same seed He puts in everyone who will recieve Him. His bride gives birth to His seed which is Christ within, and Christ simply means Gods anointing, Christ in you is Gods anointing in you. His bride gives birth to His seed, the bride of Christ.

Most try and adopt themselves by law instead of recieveing from God to be born of God themselvers. Giving birth to the Christ within, which is His Spirit, is the painful part in child birth. Most cant relate to what it is to be born of God from lack of so adoption is the only thing they can understand. Being born of God comes His blood line. Adoption comes from another blood line.

Redeemed

But we who are born of God are not adopted. Adoption is by the laws Paul established not God. If you adopt a child it has to be by law established to regulate it and make it legal by man, but if you are born of the parent there is no legal issues to perform.

Paul was adopted -- but as with Jesus I am born of God by the same seed He puts in everyone who will recieve Him. His bride gives birth to His seed which is Christ within, and Christ simply means Gods anointing, Christ in you is Gods anointing in you. His bride gives birth to His seed, the bride of Christ.

Most try and adopt themselves by law instead of recieveing from God to be born of God themselvers. Giving birth to the Christ within, which is His Spirit, is the painful part in child birth. Most cant relate to what it is to be born of God from lack of so adoption is the only thing they can understand. Being born of God comes His blood line. Adoption comes from another blood line.
I hear you Gary, Jesus told Nicodemus you must be born again. Born from above. I'd kinda like to get into that right now but I have to get ready for my zoom meeting. 15 senior adults from our church meeting to discuss last Sunday's sermon on Acts 18. So I'll be discussing Priscilla and Aquila both of whom were steeped in God's word. They were like a power couple. It's gonna be fun.