Sanitize Your Mind

Dant01

The human mind consists of consciousness and sub-consciousness. The sub area is
where we our minds store suppressed thoughts, feelings, and desires; in other
words: things we'd just as soon forget rather than think about.

For example: most Christians cannot admit, even to themselves, their honest
opinions about God because those opinions are not only unacceptable, but also
unthinkable. Those thoughts and feelings about God are so disturbing that
sometimes when one leaks out for us to contemplate, it actually makes us wince,
possibly even shudder; and sometimes even momentarily close our eyes and grit
our teeth; for example:

If you were a creator, and by means of precognition knew in advance that the
human life you were thinking about bringing into existence would one day require
you to exterminate almost the entire batch in a deluge-- men, women, underage
children, infants, handicapped folk, and senior citizens (not to mention birds, bugs,
and beasts) --would you willfully and deliberately go ahead and bring all that life
into existence anyway knowing full well in advance that your own hand would
eventually be killing them by means of a massive die-off?

In my honest opinion (I assume we're all being honest here) no reasonable person,
with normal sensitivities, would ever knowingly jeopardize so much life just so they
could have their very own sandbox to play in.

Rev 4:11 . . O Lord our God . . you created everything, and it is for your pleasure
that they exist and were created.

My opinion insinuates that the creator is a selfish, unreasonable monster whose
sensitivities fall in the abnormal range. What does my opinion say about me?

Rom 8:7 . .The sinful mind is hostile to God.

FAQ: I am sometimes secretly offended, even disgusted, by the way God goes
about His business. Does that mean there is no hope for me?

A: Heb 9:1-14 teaches that Christ's blood serves to sanitize our minds; and we only
have to undergo that form of sanitation just once and it's good for all time; we
never have to repeat the process.

FAQ: Christ's blood can stop my mind from thinking bad thoughts about God?

A: No, you can expect that those kinds of thoughts will continue to be a nuisance;
but they will never again be a barrier between you and God. Christ will make sure
of that. The remainder of the ninth chapter of Hebrews bears that out.

FAQ: So, how do I go about obtaining this mental sanitation about which you
speak?

A: That's easy. Find yourself a place and simply speak up, admitting to God that
you have a sinful mind and would like to take advantage of His son's blood to
sanitize it. It sometimes helps to cover your face with your hands to give you a
sense of privacy between you and God. I pray like that all the time; it works for
me.
_

TrevorL

Greetings Dant01,
FAQ: So, how do I go about obtaining this mental sanitation about which you speak?
A: That's easy. Find yourself a place and simply speak up, admitting to God that you have a sinful mind and would like to take advantage of His son's blood to sanitize it. It sometimes helps to cover your face with your hands to give you a sense of privacy between you and God. I pray like that all the time; it works for me.
The way you seem to use this sounds almost like a meaningless ritual, and despite your suggestion that you have used this on numerous occasions, yet you still persist in bad thoughts about God. The crucifixion, death and resurrection of Christ, which is summarised by the expression “the blood of Christ”, is the central focus of God’s purpose in salvation, and the means whereby the righteousness and mercy of God are revealed. Yes, a meditation upon “the blood of Jesus” should cleanse our minds from evil thoughts about God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Dant01

The way you seem to use this sounds almost like a meaningless ritual, and despite
your suggestion that you have used this on numerous occasions, yet you still
persist in bad thoughts about God.

There's no need to pray more than once about the sanitation I spoke of in post
No.1

FYI: The suppressed thoughts I spoke of include bad thoughts about God. Those
are especially disturbing; more than any others.
_

TrevorL

Greetings again Dant01,
There's no need to pray more than once about the sanitation I spoke of in post No.1
FYI: The suppressed thoughts I spoke of include bad thoughts about God. Those are especially disturbing; more than any others.
I suggest that you seem to persist in speaking in this thread and at least another concerning your bad thoughts about God, and that they are not resolved and cleansed, as you say "Those are especially disturbing". I suggest that you need to reconsider these. Some of the Psalms have a pattern of Complaint, Petition and the outcome is Trust. The Psalmist arrives at this result despite the difficulty not being immediately resolved, but the Trust overcomes his misplaced perspective in what God is performing in this difficult circumstance. Perhaps the Book of Habakkuk is similar as a whole, and the personal confession of Habakkuk in Habakkuk 3:17-18 is his ultimate resolve and rest and trust in the God of his salvation. The Book of Job is similar. I also suggest that some of your bad thoughts are based upon your wrong doctrines.

Kind regards
Trevor