Scripture as the Definitive Guide

We wrote it.
You didn't write anything, nor did your apostate church.
You merely adopted the bible, we were born in it, molded by it.
If you were molded by it, you would follow it. You don't....you follow doctrines of men nowhere found in the bible.
I bet I could go through 150 verses and you folks would deny the verses.
I'll take that bet.
We'd love for you guys to actually believe the scriptures.
You guys could never say you wrote the bible
Because we didn't....neither did you.
or that you ever bind and loose.
The church, the body of Christ has that power. We ARE the church.
The church is just the church.

This weird idea we are now churches trying to put in a job application with God, nope the church is what it is, irregardless of whatever made up eclesiastic system you theorize.
Rambling nonsense.
Btw all one billion of us
You mean one billion bickering Catholics who don't all agree with each other much less with the apostate church you belong to.

We wrote it. You merely adopted the bible, we were born in it, molded by it. edit per mod

I bet I could go through 150 verses and you folks would deny the verses. We'd love for you guys to actually believe the scriptures.

You guys could never say you wrote the bible or that you ever bind and loose. The church is just the church.

This weird idea we are now churches trying to put in a job application with God, nope the church is what it is, irregardless of whatever made up eclesiastic system you theorize.

Btw all one billion of us joined your congregation and we've voted you are wrong about christianity, point being doesn't matter how legit the church is or whatever council they hold you will remain your own pope.
We wrote it.

There was no rcc in the first century. So that statement is a non starter.

You merely adopted the bible.

I don't know what that even means. What was used before we allegedly adopted it?

I bet I could go through 150 verses and you folks would deny the verses.

You mean we would deny your interpretation of those verses? Probably. Its a denial of your church, not scripture.

You mean you want us to believe your interpretation of the scriptures. Mormons want you to believe theirs too.

You guys could never say you wrote the bible or that you ever bind and loose.

We don't say a lot of the utter nonsense catholics think or believe. We aren't that arrogant.

Btw all one billion of us joined your congregation and we've voted you are wrong about christianity,

I don't know what this means either. You joined our congregation? We don't tolerate heresy. Youre welcome to come to our church but not join unless youre born again. And your vote has zero impact on what we believe.

We wrote it. You merely adopted the bible, we were born in it, molded by it. edit per mod

I bet I could go through 150 verses and you folks would deny the verses. We'd love for you guys to actually believe the scriptures.

You guys could never say you wrote the bible or that you ever bind and loose. The church is just the church.

Btw all one billion of us joined your congregation and we've voted you are wrong about christianity, point being doesn't matter how legit the church is or whatever council they hold you will remain your own pope.
That is a false claim, the RCC didn't write scripture at all. Always taking the glory away from God. Typical RCC.

Paul and Peter would vomit out your institution and would have nothing to do with it.

It did not exist in the NT times.

OOh, how RCs love to boast and brag about nothing.

We wrote the bible and believe what it says. We don't take a verse and translate the EXACT OPPOSITE.

I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. --1 Corinthians 13

We don't take a verse and translate the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Actually you do.

Scripture explicitly says that the consecrated Eucharist is bread....but your lying sect leaders say it teaches the opposite.
Scripture explicitly teaches that all who believe in Christ are guaranteed eternal life...but your lying sect leaders say it teaches the opposite.
Scripture explicitly said Christ offered one sacrifice, one time, with no one else who can offer it...but your lying sect leaders say it teaches the opposite.
Scripture explicitly says Mary had sex with her husband...but your lying sect leaders say it teaches the opposite.
Scripture explicitly says Mary offered bloodshed to God as an offering for her sin...but your lying sect leaders say it teaches the opposite.

I can go on and on...

So you are perfect and never need to go to confession and will not need last rites. Bragging means you are not humble IMO.
No that is a bible verse.

I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. --1 Corinthians 13

Who is going to say amen to it?

Your ccc calls scripture, twice, a dead letter. You guys wrote a dead letter? Ours isn't.
strawman. Point to the teaching in the catechism.

We don't cover up and hide our teachings on scripture they are easy to find.

Edit-off topic

Last edited by a moderator:
strawman. Point to the teaching in the catechism.

Where can I find your take on scripture? You guys can't even name one person who has scripture right other then yourselves.

Cause If I know what you do believe, ill be a kid in a candystore.
Point to the teaching in the catechism.

You don't know your own ccc?

CCC 108 Still, the Christian faith is not a "religion of the book." Christianity is the religion of the "Word" of God, a word which is "not a written and mute word, but the Word which is incarnate and living". If the Scriptures are not to remain a dead letter, Christ, the eternal Word of the living God, must, through the Holy Spirit, "open [our] minds to understand the Scriptures." Thats one, you can dig up the other one yourself.

Oh please. Your distinct teachings are non existent in the bible. Thats why you all say 'where does the bible say that everything has to be in the bible?'

The ccc speaks out of both sides of its mouth. When its not speaking with marbles in its mouth. You hide all of your teachings. Who are you trying to kid?

Where can I find your take on scripture?

Um, all you have to do is ask. I can find what i believe in the bible, you can't.

You guys can't even name one person who has scripture right other then yourselves.

I can name a multitude of people I think are good teachers, many of them right here. And gasp, we probably don't agree on every single detail of scripture but because of the common gospel, we are brothers and sisters in Christ.

Where does it say we have to be in lockstep with every single itty bitty detail of scripture? Those who are born again have the gospel in common. In THAT we are united. When we are in heaven we will have perfect knowledge. Nothing says we will here on earth. But since you think you and your church got it all down pat, is Mary omnipotent? Ligouri thinks so. Does God listen to her as though it were a command? Ligouri thinks so. Hes a dr. and a saint in your sect. Bless any gay unions lately? You pope says you should. How bout them sedevacantists huh? YOUR church created them. Whenever you want to talk about whose got what right, let me know.

Cause If I know what you do believe, ill be a kid in a candystore.

Somehow i doubt that very much. We aren't wishy washy on what we believe. And we don't water our faith down to make it sound more palatable like you all do.

You don't know your own ccc?

CCC 108 Still, the Christian faith is not a "religion of the book." Christianity is the religion of the "Word" of God, a word which is "not a written and mute word, but the Word which is incarnate and living". If the Scriptures are not to remain a dead letter, Christ, the eternal Word of the living God, must, through the Holy Spirit, "open [our] minds to understand the Scriptures." Thats one, you can dig up the other one yourself.

Oh please. Your distinct teachings are non existent in the bible. Thats why you all say 'where does the bible say that everything has to be in the bible?'

The ccc speaks out of both sides of its mouth. When its not speaking with marbles in its mouth. You hide all of your teachings. Who are you trying to kid?

Um, all you have to do is ask. I can find what i believe in the bible, you can't.

I can name a multitude of people I think are good teachers, many of them right here. And gasp, we probably don't agree on every single detail of scripture but because of the common gospel, we are brothers and sisters in Christ.

Where does it say we have to be in lockstep with every single itty bitty detail of scripture? Those who are born again have the gospel in common. In THAT we are united. When we are in heaven we will have perfect knowledge. Nothing says we will here on earth. But since you think you and your church got it all down pat, is Mary omnipotent? Ligouri thinks so. Does God listen to her as though it were a command? Ligouri thinks so. Hes a dr. and a saint in your sect. Bless any gay unions lately? You pope says you should. How bout them sedevacantists huh? YOUR church created them. Whenever you want to talk about whose got what right, let me know.

Somehow i doubt that very much. We aren't wishy washy on what we believe. And we don't water our faith down to make it sound more palatable like you all do.
108 Still, the Christian faith is not a "religion of the book". Christianity is the religion of the "Word" of God, "not a written and mute word, but incarnate and living".73 If the Scriptures are not to remain a dead letter, Christ, the eternal Word of the living God, must, through the Holy Spirit, "open (our) minds to understand the Scriptures."74

I see what you mean now.

You are saying that Catholics claim ALL scripture is a "dead letter". All its saying that you need the holy spirit, dead letter vs the spirit of letter. The "74" shows you the scriptural reference.

Plenty of examples like this 2 corinthians 3 :

2You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. 3You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

You got to remember the folks IN the bible do not have a copy of king james bible.

6And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

108 Still, the Christian faith is not a "religion of the book". Christianity is the religion of the "Word" of God, "not a written and mute word, but incarnate and living".73 If the Scriptures are not to remain a dead letter, Christ, the eternal Word of the living God, must, through the Holy Spirit, "open (our) minds to understand the Scriptures."74

I see what you mean now.

You are saying that Catholics claim ALL scripture is a "dead letter". All its saying that you need the holy spirit, dead letter vs the spirit of letter. The "74" shows you the scriptural reference.

2You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. 3You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

You got to remember the folks IN the bible do not have a copy of king james bible.

6And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
Interesting the Jewish people are called 'the people of the book'. But RCs want nothing to do with the word of God.

We wrote the bible and believe what it says.
First, you didn't "write the Bible".

Second, the Bible wasn't written. It's a series of books and letters that were compiled over time.
We don't take a verse and translate the EXACT OPPOSITE.
And yet, in another thread, two Catholics insisted that Ephesians 2:8-9 says we're saved by works.
You guys could never say you wrote the bible
Sure, we could. But that would be just as stupid as when you say it.
or that you ever bind and loose. The church is just the church.
Actually, binding and loosing refers to church discipline that we DO practice. Not sure why you think we don't do that.
Btw all one billion of us joined your congregation
What makes you think we would accept you as members?
and we've voted you are wrong about christianity,
But you just said you joined our church (in spite, somehow, of the fact that you would not be eligible for membership).

If you say you just joined our church, then that means that you just signed an affirmation of our doctrine.

But now you say that the affirmation you just signed was wrong.

So, were you lying then, or are you lying now?
point being doesn't matter how legit the church is or whatever council they hold you will remain your own pope.
Well, our own priest, not pope. We don't believe in the office of the pope.

I see what you mean now.

All its saying that you need the holy spirit,

We all need the Holy Spirit. He is the one that illuminates Gods word to us. But scripture is not dead, its living. Its God breathed.

Your ccc wasn't speaking about letters written on our hearts was it? Or speaking of the incarnate Christ was it? Stephen in giving his speech in Acts seemed to think Gods written word was living.

Acts 7:38 This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him at Mount Sinai, and with our fathers. He received living oracles to give to us.

What did Moses come down the mountain with? Something i don't know.....written?

Back