Scripture as the Definitive Guide

The Church didn't.
TOTALLY UNTRUE!!! The Roman catholic system had the Douay Bible, which reads word for word like the KJV.

What they CAUTIONED AGAINST was reading the Bible WITH UNDERSTANDING - since even their own Bible didn't support the PAGAN heresies that their "magisterium" was selling to their victims. Roman Catholicism was CORRUPT in 1500, and is even MORE CORRUPT today, since it's being led by a non-Christian universalist. Vatican 2 was a JOKE.
The Church also banned the reading of Scripture during the Protestant reformation becasue Protestantism was spreading like a cancer.
And since the "Protestant reformation" was based on BIBLICAL TRUTH, and the faithfulness of the Holy SPirit to lead into TRUTH, the Roman Catholic system didn't want it's victims to develop doubts about the garbage they were feeding them.

And since the "Protestant reformation" was based on BIBLICAL TRUTH, and the faithfulness of the Holy SPirit to lead into TRUTH, the Roman Catholic system didn't want it's victims to develop doubts about the garbage they were feeding them.
Protestantism is supposed to be based on "Biblical Truth" yet no two Protestants agree on what that "Biblical Truth" is.

That should tell you something.

Protestantism is supposed to be based on "Biblical Truth" yet no two Protestants agree on what that "Biblical Truth" is.
We don't? The bible...that is what biblical truth is.

Clean your own house.

How many of the billion Catholics agree with all your apostate church teaches? I know every Catholic I know doesn't even know what the RCC teaches. One didn't even know what transubstantiation was. Had no clue. Lifelong Catholic. I assure you, she is just like most Catholics. Totally ignorant of the church they lay claim to.

But the VAST MAJORITY of "Protestants" Agree completely on the ONE IMPORTANT TRUTH of Christianity that the Roman Catholic system REJECTS, so they can pedal their theological poison.

The IMPORTANT TRUTH IS: Salvation IS BY FAITH plus NOTHING ELSE. The rest of if is unimportant and peripheral - Service style, Church Government, Owneership of property, Musical style, order of service, etc. (Eph 2:8,9)

Really? If that's so then how did we manage to codify our beliefs in the various confessions, creeds, and catechisms? Why do we worship together in churches based around shared doctrine? Why are some things understood universally within the church to be sound and false doctrines?

This is a pretty stupid thing to say. I can't wait to see how you back it up.

And yet no two Protestants seem to agree on what it teaches.
That's not even remotely true.
There is a difference between dissent vs. clear teaching. Catholics do not claim an infallible Church means no one will ever dissent. The claim is that an infallible Church takes away justification for dissent.
You don't have an infallible church. It's made up of fallible men and it's history is horrid. What they teach is their interpretation, which is very fallible and mostly unbiblical.
In Protestantism, as the Church is not infallible,
It isn't. The church is the Body of Christ....all those born from above.
They can find out easily. Do you know how many Protestants I have met---who don't know what Sola Scriptura or Sola Fide are?
I don't care. If you want to discuss non Catholics take it to the appropriate board.
Again, anyone who wants to know what the Church teaches can easily find out.
No one wants to know what 'the church' teaches.....they need to know what GOD teaches.

If the Roman Catholic Church considers Holy Scripture as its definitive guide, as it proclaims it does, then why has the Roman Catholic Church traditionally discouraged Roman Catholics from reading the Bible?
Anyone who views scripture as a definitive guide is missing the point of the gospel. I suppose a person with a low view of scripture can take that position, but scripture is God's revelation of himself to mankind.
'The Bible is true and people believe it, the bible is never true because people believe it.' (paraphrase ~Our Great Heritage)

And yet no two Protestants seem to agree on what it teaches.

There is a difference between dissent vs. clear teaching. Catholics do not claim an infallible Church means no one will ever dissent. The claim is that an infallible Church takes away justification for dissent.

In Protestantism, as the Church is not infallible, and as only the Bible speaks with God's authority, there is always justification for dissent. All the person has to do is claim "You didn't prove that doctrine sufficiently. I will not believe it. You are engaging in 'eisegesis.'"

They can find out easily. Do you know how many Protestants I have met---who don't know what Sola Scriptura or Sola Fide are? I once had a Lutheran pastor ask me why he should convert to Catholicism. He then proceeded to say "And don't give me 50 reasons why Sola Scriptura or Sola Fide aren't scriptural. I don't care about that." I was rather taken aback by that comment. I didn't know what to say to that. I thought--buddy--if you don't care about truth--then stay Lutheran for all I care. If truth does not matter to you, I see no reason to become Catholic. I didn't say that though--becasue I was so shocked to hear a Lutheran pastor tell me they didn't care whether Sola Scriptura or Sola Fide were biblical. How could a pastor of a sect---that was founded on those two principles not care whether they are scriptural? Luther would roll over in his grave!

So what? What is important is that the person believes they are receiving Christ, not bread. Whether they can wax eloquently about the inn's and outs of Transubstantiation matters less.

Again, anyone who wants to know what the Church teaches can easily find out.
That is a false claim, as we do agree on many things in our post and if you wish to discuss the beliefs of others go to their forums.

Rcs some agree with blessing same sex couples others don't, some agree Judas in Limbo, others don't. Seems no two RCs can agree. I just gave two examples of where RCs disagree. Oh, but the big one is, is the present pope the real pope.

Do you know how many RCs I have met some go to seances, others don't.

We can all carry on about differences, we see the differences in RC posts on these threads.

Yes ONE Truth. Sure, all Protestants agree on Faith alone and Scripture alone. Beyond that--the only thing they agree on is that they don't like Catholics.

Where does Scripture teach that nothing else matters besides Faith alone, and that everything else is unimportant and peripheral? If that is the case, why so many sects? You act as if the sects just disagree on things like ownership of property, musical style, order of worship, etc. The disagreements run far deeper than that.

In other words--you are acting as if the differences between Protestants sects is akin to the difference between Pizza Hut and Dominos. That isn't the case.
You would be doing the poor me, everyone is against me because I am an RC. No, we all dislike the lies and evil fruit of the RCC, nothing to do with RCs themselves.

This is the RC board and that is what is to be discussed. The other things are not salvation matters. After many 1000s of years the Jewish people still discuss for weeks what one line of scripture means. We do not have to agree on every single thing in scripture at all. Let me see the difference between the many RC groups is bigger than the difference between Pizza Hut and Dominos. You cannot agree on who is Christ's leader on earth of your sects. That is a major difference. We have seen RCs rip into one another from there different sects.

RCs avoid answering questions, especially you by changing the question or jumping to the beliefs of non RCs. It seems impossible for RCs not to divert and just give an honest answer to a question that arises from the discussings.

Yes ONE Truth. Sure, all Protestants agree on Faith alone and Scripture alone. Beyond that--the only thing they agree on is that they don't like Catholics.

Where does Scripture teach that nothing else matters besides Faith alone, and that everything else is unimportant and peripheral? If that is the case, why so many sects? You act as if the sects just disagree on things like ownership of property, musical style, order of worship, etc. The disagreements run far deeper than that.

In other words--you are acting as if the differences between Protestants sects is akin to the difference between Pizza Hut and Dominos. That isn't the case.

If we do not have God's word to guide us. How else would we know the truth about Jesus, How else would we know how God wants us to live. Otherwise we would be bound up by people who love power and control. This is what happens in the RCC and it is because they add, go beyond or take away from God's word.

That's not even remotely true.

You don't have an infallible church. It's made up of fallible men and it's history is horrid. What they teach is their interpretation, which is very fallible and mostly unbiblical.

It isn't. The church is the Body of Christ....all those born from above.

I don't care. If you want to discuss non Catholics take it to the appropriate board.

No one wants to know what 'the church' teaches.....they need to know what GOD teaches.
It's one thing that blinded and indoctrinated Roman Catholics willfully recognize and believe in the leadership of the Roman Catholic Pope, but it is quite another to realize that Roman Catholics have been further indoctrinated to also believe with their body, mind and eternal soul, that whoever their current reigning pope is also infallible before God and man and represents Jesus Christ Himself on earth! How do Roman Catholics explain that?

You didn't write anything, nor did your apostate church.

If you were molded by it, you would follow it. You don't....you follow doctrines of men nowhere found in the bible.

I'll take that bet.

We'd love for you guys to actually believe the scriptures.

Because we didn't....neither did you.

The church, the body of Christ has that power. We ARE the church.

Rambling nonsense.

You mean one billion bickering Catholics who don't all agree with each other much less with the apostate church you belong to.
If the RCC wrote the scriptures, and the RCC came into existence at 33AD when Christ died and rose, then to what did Christ appeal when confronting satan on Matt 4/Luke 4? I'm so confused. ?

Biblical truth is the Jesus is the only way to the father. A lifelong catholic family friend, in her 90s, who's husband was a deacon, and who my catholic family adores, has said that praying to Buddha is the same as praying to Jesus, and it's all the same.

Biblical truth is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The RCC catechism says that catholics and muslims worship the same God, Despite the comparisons of the bible and the koran (Matt 3:17 v Surah 4:171, or John 3:16 and Surah 112:3) which clearly and unequivocally contain such irreconcilable differences that they cannot, under any circumstance, be the same God.

This is a clear case straining at a gnat. You know, like the splinter and the beam? One might focus on what needs to be cleaned up in the RCC as opposed to blindly and rabidly defending an organization over Christ Himself.

Back