SCRIPTURE gives us guidelines

balshan

The RCC tells us how their false doctrines are in scripture when there is no evidence of them anywhere in scripture or they claim the argument from silence to back up their false doctrines.

However, scripture gives us clear guidelines about His word. We are not to add to His word, ignore His word or takeaway/ignore His word.

rev

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

Deut 4:2

You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Prov 30:5+

Every word of God is tested;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words
Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

Deut 12:32

Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

1 Cor 4:6

Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

It would appear that is exactly what RCC does, it breaks those very clear commandments. I want to ask how is the PV and praying to the dead not adding to scripture for example?

They refer to their magisterium, the ecfs as if they were infallible, the catechism, the pope, the apostle's creed, the natural law, philosophy and never then compare those teachings to God's words. Why do RCs think these things are on the same level as scripture? I mean we have even had RCs refer to the early believers as naive. Yet they are the ones who walked with Jesus and talked with Jesus. They tell us that the early teachings were underdeveloped. I mean really, what rubbish.

How can RCs justify doing what God warned us against doing? Do they not understand the ramifications of adding to God's word for example?

How can RCs justify doing what God warned us against doing? Do they not understand the ramifications of adding to God's word for example?
They justify defying the word of GOD based on what their pompous leadership tells them. This is what the ccc says:

ccc 82 As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, “does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence.”

They are told that the Scriptures are inadequate to meet the needs of the people that they were intended to reach. on top of that, they are also instructed that whatever their "church" teaches is equal to and just as legitimate as the Scriptures regardless if these two sources agree or not. In practice, they will believe the tradition of man over the very word of GOD. How can they understand what is wrong when they are told that there is no higher authority than the rcc that teaches what they are told to believe?

They justify defying the word of GOD based on what their pompous leadership tells them. This is what the ccc says:

ccc 82 As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, “does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence.”

They are told that the Scriptures are inadequate to meet the needs of the people that they were intended to reach. on top of that, they are also instructed that whatever their "church" teaches is equal to and just as legitimate as the Scriptures regardless if these two sources agree or not. In practice, they will believe the tradition of man over the very word of GOD. How can they understand what is wrong when they are told that there is no higher authority than the rcc that teaches what they are told to believe?
Yes that is them adding to scripture.

The RCC tells us how their false doctrines are in scripture when there is no evidence of them anywhere in scripture or they claim the argument from silence to back up their false doctrines.

However, scripture gives us clear guidelines about His word. We are not to add to His word, ignore His word or takeaway/ignore His word.

rev

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Do not add to His words

Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

It would appear that is exactly what RCC does, it breaks those very clear commandments. I want to ask how is the PV and praying to the dead not adding to scripture for example?

They refer to their magisterium, the ecfs as if they were infallible, the catechism, the pope, the apostle's creed, the natural law, philosophy and never then compare those teachings to God's words. Why do RCs think these things are on the same level as scripture? I mean we have even had RCs refer to the early believers as naive. Yet they are the ones who walked with Jesus and talked with Jesus. They tell us that the early teachings were underdeveloped. I mean really, what rubbish.

they believe the rcc who tells them it over-rules God's word. It claims God gave it the authority to over-rule Him. they're shoulder deep in spiritual quicksand.

I hear echoes of "has God said...?" (casting doubt on God's word) and "You will not surely die" (directed denial of God's word) in Rome's teachings. Incidentally, this is why Rome is so virulently opposed to the concept of the Bible being the sole reference for our faith and morals - the Bible stands against the world, the flesh, and the Devil. 😪

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

rev

Do not add to His words

I don't think we should be removing the New Testament from scripture. I think you need to rethink your argument.

Gee, I wonder how people in the first century church managed to be saved to eternal life without all of the extra-Biblical doctrines and teachings added on by the RCC over the centuries....like Mariolatry and all it entails; believing that obeying the Pope is necessary for salvation; Purgatory; indulgences; salvation by grace through faith in Christ Jesus PLUS our works; etc. and etc.

HowEVER did they manage it? :eek:

I don't think we should be removing the New Testament from scripture. I think you need to rethink your argument.
That is a deception made by RCs to justify their false doctrines that add to scripture. This response shows the work of Satan as a deceiver and is used to throw doubt on God's word.

If one new the connection between the OT and the NT it is not an add on, the NT reveals Jesus in the OT. The OT is constantly quoted in the NT. It is clear that Jesus said the HS would teach us and the NT is part of this process. Even the RCC does not see the NT as an add on to scripture.

The comment by the poster(and other RCs) is a ruse and it does what Satan has always done, throw doubt on the word of God. It started in the garden.

Genesis 3

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Here we can see the doubt thrown on the word of God and the going beyond the word of God by the Serpent (Satan). We get these type of responses all the time from RCs:

You know where they tell us the Word of God is just naive and is not complete knowledge for Christians. We get it when it is described as just a book. It is not the originals etc

It is all chipping away at being able to trust the word of God.

No it is using who throws doubt on the word of God by your comment and you need to think about why you do so. It does not justify your institutions false doctrines at all. It is going against God's word. It is revealing a lot about your beliefs.

Gee, I wonder how people in the first century church managed to be saved to eternal life without all of the extra-Biblical doctrines and teachings added on by the RCC over the centuries....like Mariolatry and all it entails; believing that obeying the Pope is necessary for salvation; Purgatory; indulgences; salvation by grace through faith in Christ Jesus PLUS our works; etc. and etc.

HowEVER did they manage it? :eek:
By the grace of GOD alone through faith in Christ alone.

balshan said:

rev

Do not add to His words

I don't think we should be removing the New Testament from scripture.
I don't see anything about wanting to remove the New Testament from scripture in the post you quoted.

I think you need to rethink your argument.
I think you need to rethink your understanding of the words you read.

I don't see anything about wanting to remove the New Testament from scripture in the post you quoted.
Dingoling is just deflecting. he knows that that he has no answer for Balshan's very well made point. Does anyone here think that Jesus will be impressed or amused by the typical rc two-step that Dingoling does so well?

Dingoling is just deflecting. he knows that that he has no answer for Balshan's very well made point. Does anyone here think that Jesus will be impressed or amused by the typical rc two-step that Dingoling does so well?
exactly!

no, He is never impressed or amused by the well known catholic 2 step! He is saddened that they believe in and follow false teachers instead of Him.

Where did balshan advocate removing the NT from Scripture?

This is sheer desperation on your part, dingoling, to cast doubt on the word of God that balshan posted. Your church has been adding man-made doctrines and teachings to Scripture for centuries, to its shame.

Why should we subject ourselves to a man made rule that doesn't apply to all Christian beliefs?

Why should we subject ourselves to a man made rule that doesn't apply to all Christian beliefs?
You mean this man-made rule?
"... The Catholic Church guarantees the faithful handing on of the Word of God through the teaching authority of the Pope and his Bishops, known as the Magesterium. The Magesterium ensures that no new erroneous doctrine or heresy pops up to lead the people astray. Like a three legged stool, the trinity of Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magesterium makes sure that the Word of God is faithfully handed on to each succeeding generation..."

You mean this man-made rule?
"... The Catholic Church guarantees the faithful handing on of the Word of God through the teaching authority of the Pope and his Bishops, known as the Magesterium. The Magesterium ensures that no new erroneous doctrine or heresy pops up to lead the people astray. Like a three legged stool, the trinity of Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magesterium makes sure that the Word of God is faithfully handed on to each succeeding generation..."
Jesus established the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom. There is a record of Popes holding that office dating back to the time of Peter and the apostles. So it is not man made. Scripture alone, however, is man made.

Jesus established the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom. There is a record of Popes holding that office dating back to the time of Peter and the apostles. So it is not man made. ...
Your statement is man-made as is the following statement, since neither Scripture, Jesus, nor his apostles declared:

Back