SCRIPTURE gives us guidelines

Your statement is man-made as is the following statement, since neither Scripture, Jesus, nor his apostles declared:
"... The Catholic Church guarantees the faithful handing on of the Word of God through the teaching authority of the Pope and his Bishops, known as the Magesterium. The Magesterium ensures that no new erroneous doctrine or heresy pops up to lead the people astray. Like a three legged stool, the trinity of Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magesterium makes sure that the Word of God is faithfully handed on to each succeeding generation..."
But Jesus said, "Whoever listens to you listens to me..."

This is where RCC puts itself in as the 'you' the apostles; neither Scripture, Jesus, or his apostles stated apostolic succession and its man-made Traditions which nullify Scripture.
Offices don't end with the person holding it. Jesus established the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom. That office endures from then all the way up to today. It is not a man made tradition.

Your man-made presuppostion of RCC as PM is not established by Scripture, Jesus, or his apostles.
According to you, but to me and numerous others Jesus did establish the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom.

What was not established by Jesus or his apostles is the man made doctrine of sola scriptura.

The Magesterium ensures that no new erroneous doctrine or heresy pops up to lead the people astray.
True. The Magisterium ensures that only old erroneous doctrines and heresies ("Did God really say...", "If you are the Son of God...", "You shall be like God" and "I will give you all this if you bow down and worship me") are employed.
"Like a three legged stool, the trinity of Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magesterium makes sure that the Word of God is faithfully handed on to each succeeding generation..."
Nice simile, until you dig a little deeper. WHO interprets the Scripture? WHO interprets "Sacred Tradition"? In fact, WHO knows what "Sacred Tradition" actually is? Yep, the Roman Catholic Magesterium.
So, the "3-legged stool" has only one leg.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

PeanutGallery said:
Your man-made presuppostion of RCC as PM is not established by Scripture, Jesus, or his apostles.
According to you, but to me and numerous others Jesus did establish the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom.
according to scripture - God's word, that which catholics don't know, understand or believe.

according to the words of your false teacher, not according to scripture.

you again tell us who you believe, who your priority is - the rcc, not God.

What was not established by Jesus or his apostles is the man made doctrine of sola scriptura.
you again tell us that you don't know or understand scripture.

according to scripture - God's word, that which catholics don't know, understand or believe.

according to the words of your false teacher, not according to scripture.

you again tell us who you believe, who your priority is - the rcc, not God.

you again tell us that you don't know or understand scripture.
You have not been given any authority to interpret scripture for the Christian faith.

Where does Scripture, Jesus, or his apostles state that?

Where does Scripture, Jesus, or his apostles state Scripture + RCC Tradition + Magisterium?

You have not been given any authority to interpret scripture for the Christian faith.
Proof that she has not? Better yet, prove beyond all reasonable doubt that the Roman Catholic Church was given – not just has claimed – "any authority to interpret scripture for the Christian faith"

As a precursor, you may wish to define what you mean by "the Christian faith". (Though I doubt that you will.)

Jesus established the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom. There is a record of Popes holding that office dating back to the time of Peter and the apostles. So it is not man made. Scripture alone, however, is man made
No He didn't and He didn't put your evil men in charge EVER. They are nothing like Peter and you insult Jesus and Peter when you make those false claims. Jesus, Peter and the apostles would not have allowed paedophiles to be leaders, they would not allow rapists to continue as leaders and they certainly would never condone those who have sex outside marriage and then many children grow up fatherless.

They would have exposed sin and removed them from being part of the family 1 cor 5:11.

Your institution has proved by its bad fruit, it is the bad tree. STOP blaming Jesus, Peter and the apostles for your bad tree which is totally man made and follows its founder the father of lies.

Your institution does what the apostles never does, it ignores important verses and teaches another gospel which the apostles never taught.

Offices don't end with the person holding it. Jesus established the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom. That office endures from then all the way up to today. It is not a man made tradition.
Rubbish Jesus never established an office, where the office bearers would harm the sheep. Your office bearers do the exact opposite to Jesus, they harm the sheep, Jesus saved the sheep.

This, of course, is the Reformation principle of sola Scriptura- 'Scripture alone'. It contrasts starkly with the practice of the Roman Catholic Church, which commonly threatens eternal damnation for anyone who questions the decrees of their "Pope" or the dogma of Roman Catholic Church Councils.
For example dingoling, Canon 1 of the 7th session of the Council of Trent pronounces anathema on anyone who says that there are more or less than the 7 Sacraments established by the Council. That means dingoling, if any Roman Catholic questions the RCC sacraments of Confirmation, Penance, or Extreme Unction - mentioned absolutely nowhere in Scripture - that person is subject to excommunication from the Roman Catholic Church and in the RCC's eyes is worthy of eternal damnation. The Canons and Decrees of the Council of Trent are loaded with similar anathemas - in effect making all the Council's dictums fundamental doctrines.

You mean this man-made rule?
"... The Catholic Church guarantees the faithful handing on of the Word of God through the teaching authority of the Pope and his Bishops, known as the Magesterium. The Magesterium ensures that no new erroneous doctrine or heresy pops up to lead the people astray. Like a three legged stool, the trinity of Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magesterium makes sure that the Word of God is faithfully handed on to each succeeding generation..."
The R C's 3 legged stool....slip stumble, and fall!

I don't need to, my bible is in English which I speak and understand - it's my native language. I've been reading and studying scripture for 40 plus yrs. when i don't understand something I figure out why - that takes more reading and studying. I don't just believe what some false teacher tells me to believe, like I did as a catholic.

those who are believers have the Holy Spirit to lead and guide them. catholics do not have the Holy Spirit to lead and guide them.

I don't need to, my bible is in English which I speak and understand - it's my native language. I've been reading and studying scripture for 40 plus yrs. when i don't understand something I figure out why - that takes more reading and studying. I don't just believe what some false teacher tells me to believe, like I did as a catholic.

those who are believers have the Holy Spirit to lead and guide them. catholics do not have the Holy Spirit to lead and guide them.
Amen

Back